McNutt, Sash and Prater

So you think another year of college is going to change that? I think we are discussung players leaving before they get their degree.

That goes hand in hand with his point. The player might still live beyond his means, but if he's got a degree, he's got something to fall back on after their career is over. If they end up broke with no degree, then what?

I think McNutt stays. He can benefit from the additional year. Lots of good receivers in this year's draft. Plus, McNutt will be the go-to guy and have the chance to put up some nice numbers.

My gut tells me Prater will go. As for Sash, I think he will return. Nothing to base my thoughts on just ... just gut feeling.

Last I heard Mcnutt was told by the Draft Advisory people that he would be a 2/3 rounder and that he is out of here.

This is a bad take. 1st of all you aren't qualified to say if they are, or are not, ready for the NFL. 2nd it's hard to imagine Prater or Sash improving thier stock or game. Prater is 1st team all B10 this year which is quite an honor. Sash is a 3 year starter on D who has peaked physically and excels at the mental aspect of the game. If the scouts tell them they are sure fire draft picks and they have little to improve on then it's hard to come up with reason why they should leave now, especially given the potential labor unrest in the league.

McNutt who's only played the position a few years is really the only one with anything to gain.

Lastly the "they should stay for their education" argument is pretty stupid as well. If they get drafted they will make more than enough money to go back and finish school if that is a priority for them, and if it's not chances are they aren't putting enough effort toward thier school work to earn a meaningfull degree anyway.

Soooo what makes you qualified enough to call him unqualified and then state your opinions just as he did??? That doesn't make much sense to me.

All three are not NFL ready and could use another year. I predict Sash goes, however, as does McNutt; the lure of making NFL money -- even as limited as it might be -- for his young family may be too strong. Wouldn't be surprised to see Prater back.

Did I miss something, but since when did Prater become a strong pro prospect? He's a solid player but I don't think he's done anything special enough to seriously consider the jump.

What round is Prater projected? I am no draft expect but I have a hard time seeing him drafted before the 5th or 6th round

NFL isn't looking for CB's that are short and good a giving a 15 yard cushion

Former player that I work with. Spoke to mcnutt a few days ago.

Obviously I should have read this before I asked you. No offense to you, but we all found out a couple weeks ago how credible some of the "sources" are for people on this board.

Obviously I should have read this before I asked you. No offense to you, but we all found out a couple weeks ago how credible some of the "sources" are for people on this board.

With all the goings on that has occured in the last weeks I don't blame you one bit.

They would all stay if they are smart. There is nothing more important in life than getting that degree. Also, none are ready for the NFL. But my guess is Sash bolts and the other 2 stay.

Sorry that is just an ignorant statement. A degree is a means to accomplish other goals in life, it is a means to the end goal not the goal itself. If you are going to the NFL the degree is meaningless. After the NFL is gone and you have a different career goal that involves needing a degree than get it. People are sooooooo mistaken about the "degree" and why many of us went to UI to get them. If I could have had my job without one, guess what, i would have saved the money.

Why is this so difficult to understand for some

This is a bad take. 1st of all you aren't qualified to say if they are, or are not, ready for the NFL. 2nd it's hard to imagine Prater or Sash improving thier stock or game. Prater is 1st team all B10 this year which is quite an honor. Sash is a 3 year starter on D who has peaked physically and excels at the mental aspect of the game. If the scouts tell them they are sure fire draft picks and they have little to improve on then it's hard to come up with reason why they should leave now, especially given the potential labor unrest in the league.

McNutt who's only played the position a few years is really the only one with anything to gain.

Lastly the "they should stay for their education" argument is pretty stupid as well. If they get drafted they will make more than enough money to go back and finish school if that is a priority for them, and if it's not chances are they aren't putting enough effort toward thier school work to earn a meaningfull degree anyway.

This is kind of scary, but I actually agree with your take, Duff. I used to feel that the degree was of ultimate importance, as well. But, as you say, Duff, if the kid has a good head on his shoulders, he can always go back and finish his education.

Sorry that is just an ignorant statement. A degree is a means to accomplish other goals in life, it is a means to the end goal not the goal itself. If you are going to the NFL the degree is meaningless. After the NFL is gone and you have a different career goal that involves needing a degree than get it. People are sooooooo mistaken about the "degree" and why many of us went to UI to get them. If I could have had my job without one, guess what, i would have saved the money.

Why is this so difficult to understand for some
Well, there is this thing called a scholarship. If your school is paid for, and you can wait another year to improve your stock, while finishing all of your schooling, so when your career is done in 5 years you don't have to pay for school out of pocket, it's pretty smart. Sorry for all the comas, I just couldn't stop that sentence.

Hypothetically; Which one of these players would be the biggest loss next season?

I think it's pretty obviously Marvin McNutt.

Latest posts