McNutt, Sash and Prater

My big concern, and one that I would say is legit, is that when the "said" athlete gets that contract, what happens?

Too many of these athletes live way beyond their means. Houses, cars, parties, etc. That's great until you blow your knee out (or whatever) and, s*it, what do I do know.

In a perfect world, yes, grab the cash and make it happen. But in the real world, I would guess that at least 50% of the pro athletes struggle for cash within 5 years of the end of their pro career.

Dark picture but I would love HBO, ESPN, etc to check it out.

Debbie Downer!

And as many Americans are finding out, turning 45 with high levels of work experience, education, work ethic and responsibility means you are no longer viable in the American work force.

There is no guarantee, (not skills, not education, not work ethic, not morals, not religion, etc.) that a college degree will mean you won't be unemployed and out of money just as sure as if you only had athletic skills, didn't finish college, got drafted quickly and blew out both knees in NFL training camp and got cut.

Either way, you are out of work and not getting paid.

College degree nowadays means about the same as a high-school diploma in the eighties, if someone has the same education as you in a different nation that has a lower standard of living: your job is going there. Get used to it.

Latest posts