McNutt, Sash and Prater

Hypothetically; Which one of these players would be the biggest loss next season?

I think it's pretty obviously Marvin McNutt.

Easily McNutt. I don't think that Sash is as amazing as everyone thinks he is, don't get me wrong he's good, but I think that we can replace him more easily than McNutt with the depth we have at the 2 positions. I think Bernstine would make a good SS. As far as Prater, he's good, I think he should stay, but I think Lowery is going to be a good one, so not really that worried.

I actually think Sash should go, like many have said he has peaked. I thought he should have gone last year because of all the hype. One year isn't going to help him. I think he should go, and I think he will.

Last I heard Mcnutt was told by the Draft Advisory people that he would be a 2/3 rounder and that he is out of here.

If true ... he's gone ... I would agree ... even though he certainly is the guy who could still improve the most of the three.

As for the other two ... look at their academic majors ... not exactly majors that are going to instantly get them a great job. They are "football majors" ... plain and simple.

Hypothetically; Which one of these players would be the biggest loss next season?

I think it's pretty obviously Marvin McNutt.

Without question. This year McNutt had...

53 rec, 861yds, 8 td

All combined returning players (including RB's) have...

30 rec, 398yds, 2td

Without Marvin our leading returining receiver would have just 15 career receptions for 186 yards and 2tds...

Not trying to start an argument, but does anyone think McNutt is a 2/3 round draft pick this year?

If he runs anything 4.55 or below in the combine I would definately see him going on the first day. The dude is a legit 6-4 and uses his size very well.

Not trying to start an argument, but does anyone think McNutt is a 2/3 round draft pick this year?

I don't think he is. He could be but i think he struggles with his hands at times, doesn't have great speed and isn't a great route runner.

That's not a knock on him, just think he can improve on these areas. He has good size and has shown the ability to make some great catches at times but I'm no NFL scout.

FYI - The "first day" now consists of only the first round. They do the 1st round on Thursday night, rounds 2-3 (I think) on Friday, the remainder on Saturday.

If he runs anything 4.55 or below in the combine I would definately see him going on the first day. The dude is a legit 6-4 and uses his size very well.

I would be surpirsed if MM even went as high as the 3rd round.

I was thinking 4th/5th myself...which would match the position rating of around #20 by that one service...

FYI - The "first day" now consists of only the first round. They do the 1st round on Thursday night, rounds 2-3 (I think) on Friday, the remainder on Saturday.

That's all about making more money off of the TV ratings. As far as I'm concerned, the "first day" is still rounds 1-3.

I can see McNutt sneaking into the second round. I don't think Ryan Broyles is going to be alone as a top-flight receiver staying in school because of the labor issues. As of yet, none of the others have declared (A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, Alshon Jeffrey, etc.). If the majority of them are going to wait until next year, then this year's class would be the one that would be more beneficial for McNutt to be a member of. Teams will reach for WR's in a weaker class.

Prater biggest threat to leave. McNutt no shot wouldn't even get drafted. Sash small shot of leaving. The fact that Prater has waited this long make me think he his staying.

That's all about making more money off of the TV ratings. As far as I'm concerned, the "first day" is still rounds 1-3.

I can see McNutt sneaking into the second round. I don't think Ryan Broyles is going to be alone as a top-flight receiver staying in school because of the labor issues. As of yet, none of the others have declared (A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, Alshon Jeffrey, etc.). If the majority of them are going to wait until next year, then this year's class would be the one that would be more beneficial for McNutt to be a member of. Teams will reach for WR's in a weaker class.

LMAO, I love MCNutt too but he is not even close to the class of WR's you listed. He has a better shot of not being drafted then even close to 2nd round. He has zero and I mean zero shot of being a 2nd round pick.

LMAO, I love MCNutt too but he is not even close to the class of WR's you listed. He has a better shot of not being drafted then even close to 2nd round. He has zero and I mean zero shot of being a 2nd round pick.

I thought I made it clear that I know he isn't in their class. However, I did say I could see him making the late 2nd round if the majority of those guys stayed in school because of the labor issues. Meaning McNutt in the draft, A.J. Green/Julio Jones/Michael Floyd/Justin Blackmon/etc. staying in school. That's not the case anymore.

But, given that you seem to only be capable of being an a**, I suppose it's asking to much for you to at least show proficiency in reading comprehension.

Last edited:
Prater biggest threat to leave. McNutt no shot wouldn't even get drafted.Sash small shot of leaving. The fact that Prater has waited this long make me think he his staying.

I don't think anyone can take you seriously on this matter after what is in bold above. He's 6'4" with good hands. 3rd or 4th round probably, but definately going to get drafted. I think Sash has a good shot at leaving, as we know he has already peaked, and I think he should've left last year. I don't think he's a second rounder but not that far off. Prater is probably the closest one to not getting drafted IMO.

I don't think anyone can take you seriously on this matter after what is in bold above. He's 6'4" with good hands. 3rd or 4th round probably, but definately going to get drafted. I think Sash has a good shot at leaving, as we know he has already peaked, and I think he should've left last year. I don't think he's a second rounder but not that far off. Prater is probably the closest one to not getting drafted IMO.

I will take Prater and you can have McNutt for amount or anything you want to measure. 6'4 with good hands bag grocery's in the NFL.

C'mon man. Bradley Fletcher, Charles Godfrey, Amari Spievey all starting in the league. All drafted in the 3rd round or earlier. Prater would definitely be drafted if he left. In fact, I'd say he's the highest draft pick of the 3 right now. Scares the crap out of me because I want him back desperately.

I will take Prater and you can have McNutt for amount or anything you want to measure. 6'4 with good hands bag grocery's in the NFL.

Signed,

Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Michael Crabtree.

Fail.

Latest posts