Marcus Smart shoves a fan

Also, none of the players, fans, or anyone close to the situation besides Smart has said that the guy used a racial slur.

Again. You don't read so good. This "fan" will be in every road arena that Smart plays in for the rest of his life. Smart has the ability to change his behavior, not every fan.

I look at it the exact same way as I would with my kids. You can't change the ******** in the world, but you can change how you deal with them. Smart himself admitted this.

Smart shouldn't have pushed him.... I'll type it AGAIN for you.

Then you can tell me how I can't read lol...

So according to reports Orr said "Go back to Africa n*****." If that happened then I applaud Smart for his restraint. He should have caved that old man's face in.

Are you sure about this? I haven't seen this reported anywhere.

The push IS interesting though. Without it taking place, we probably wouldn't know or care about this weird guy in Lubbock saying awful things. Doing so does bring it to the limelight a little bit and the discussion about what is appropriate to say as a fan, and what a fan is entitled to do is created and hell, there is also some interesting discussion about what is okay for an athlete to do in each situation and if there is a situation where it is okay for an athlete to react in a certain way.

On the other hand, the potential horrible consequences of doing such a thing makes it so a possible victim now has dirt on his hands and the person who was doing awful things could walk away, mostly, unscathed.

This story is incredibly fascinating because it's pretty polarizing and complex.

Are you sure about this? I haven't seen this reported anywhere.

There's so many reasons to not pretty much believe any of the parties involved in this story and it's also pretty easy to believe that someone near the event could make up what said for attention.

The push IS interesting though. Without it taking place, we probably wouldn't know or care about this weird guy in Lubbock saying awful things. Doing so does bring it to the limelight a little bit and the discussion about what is appropriate to say as a fan, and what a fan is entitled to do is created and hell, there is also some interesting discussion about what is okay for an athlete to do in each situation and if there is a situation where it is okay for an athlete to react in a certain way.

On the other hand, the potential horrible consequences of doing such a thing makes it so a possible victim now has dirt on his hands and the person who was doing awful things could walk away, mostly, unscathed.

This story is incredibly fascinating because it's pretty polarizing and complex.

Like a lot of conflicts.... its the one who is doing the retaliation that gets caught...

My stance is this Oklahoma State has responded and Suspended Smart.

Texas Tech the ball is in your court, what say you!! Time to Pony Up...

Sounds like this Orr guy travels to all the road games as well. Gotta feeling he won't be making any trips to Stillwater in the future.

Sounds like this Orr guy travels to all the road games as well. Gotta feeling he won't be making any trips to Stillwater in the future.

I hope he does and everyone around him heckles him the whole time...hell I want every big 12 school to heckle him....don't do anything physical, just heckle him....if he spills his drink or gets mustard on his shirt from his hot dog just let him know about it as colorfully as possible.

I'm surprised he got that many games.

A player that hears any specific trash talking from the stands has his ears pointed the wrong way. Same thing with referees.

A fan that makes a personal verbal attack on a player should be removed; got to have proof to do that. Where's the proof?

I'll ask it: is pulling the race card the default response when it's black/white situation so the accusation must be true?

It would certainly help me take a stronger stance if I knew what the fan said.

Another "sports" story that has little to do with the actual game. It sucks.

I think it's a given that the Texas Tech fan is a fat worthless pile of debris and is nothing but a instigator and probably should be relocated at TT games. Everyone seems to agree that if racial slurs were used the guy needs barred from attending future games. However, what if audio evidence was available that proved no racial slurs were used and Smart lied about that. Does that change your opinion on the severity of the penalty.

I'm surprised he got that many games.

A player that hears any specific trash talking from the stands has his ears pointed the wrong way. Same thing with referees.

A fan that makes a personal verbal attack on a player should be removed; got to have proof to do that. Where's the proof?

I'll ask it: is pulling the race card the default response when it's black/white situation so the accusation must be true?
Exactly

Latest posts