Marcus Smart shoves a fan

Like I said we need more of this, not less. Boorish bullying fans deserve to get beotchslapped by these players. This chunky pasty TT tool deserves a full metal @$$ kicking, not just a shove.

Bullwhipped at center court or drawn and quartered in the village square.....

:cool:

So acting a fool at sporting events means you should get shoved by players.

No. He shouldn't have pushed him to avoid bad press for Smart and the school. Do you think he should be able to act like a fool without any repercussions? I don't think there is ever an excuse to act like that guy did.

Smart should be sorry for not rising above that jackhole and being a bigger person. That guy should be sorry for being a gigantic ***. Your ticket buys a seat, it doesn't buy you the right to treat people like that.

That weird short haired blonde lady with the glasses annoyed me more than anyone with her dumbfounded open mouth and extended pointing.

I agree. When my dad instilled in me my values that include never hitting a woman, I have to think it's because Dad never met her.

He cant push a fan, period. Absolutely not acceptable.

That being said, that guy and the old lady getting right into his face are horrible excuses for human beings. Lucky for him he has money to buy good tickets so he can say horrible things to athletes because if he walked up to someone on the street and said the that to someone he'd probably end up in the hospital.
So the guy and girl fans were on the court? Were they out of their seats? Smart had his back to all fans in a very loud arena. You tell me how you think he knew exactly what was said by whom. The only person that got in anyone's face was Dumb. I mean Smart.

Too bad Smart didn't just stand there glaring for a bit longer while the dude wet his pants, then walked away. Then all the pressure would be on TT to ban the fat **** IMO, if he did say something to warrant a ban that is.

Like I said we need more of this, not less. Boorish bullying fans deserve to get beotchslapped by these players. This chunky pasty TT tool deserves a full metal @$$ kicking, not just a shove.
You sound like a personal injury lawyer looking for more claimants.... oh wait.

Too bad Smart didn't just stand there glaring for a bit longer while the dude wet his pants, then walked away. Then all the pressure would be on TT to ban the fat ****** IMO.
Exactly. Smart has every right to draw attention to a possibly idiotic fan. He acted stupidly though.

Too bad Smart didn't just stand there glaring for a bit longer while the dude wet his pants, then walked away. Then all the pressure would be on TT to ban the fat **** IMO, if he did say something to warrant a ban that is.

That would have been the best way to go. From a personal entertainment point of view though I can't help but enjoy when an (allegedly) racist guy gets his comeuppance.

Ask your self this, most people who feel the need to pop off do it where they know they are safe and nothing will happen to them. Would this Orr clown have the gut(s) to run his mouth in a bar were often the rules of society vary a bit. I doubt it...

It happens on message boards every second of every day.

That said, until I know what the guy said, and even if it was bad, you don't go in the stands.

If it was racial...guy should be banned. Player still has no business pushing a fan.

Little by little....society slips...

So the guy and girl fans were on the court? Were they out of their seats? Smart had his back to all fans in a very loud arena. You tell me how you think he knew exactly what was said by whom. The only person that got in anyone's face was Dumb. I mean Smart.

This is a dumb argument - no one is denying orr said anything including Orr himself... you can even read Orr's lips when Smart comes up to him - he says "sorry about that."

Your obsessive defense of racist fan badgering is a bit troubling.

No one here is saying Smart should be allowed to go shove the guy....

This is a dumb argument - no one is denying orr said anything including Orr himself... you can even read Orr's lips when Smart comes up to him - he says "sorry about that."

Your obsessive defense of racist fan badgering is a bit troubling.

No one here is saying Smart should be allowed to go shove the guy....

Really? Cause there are at least ten people in this thread alone that think he should have done worse. If smart gets up and goes back to the court, we wouldn't know the guys name. Period.

As loud as it got in that arena with tech beating OSU, it would have been hard to hear anything at that moment yet Smart with his back turned knew exactly what was said and by whom?

The fan said something. You have no idea what. But I know for a fact that smart went well out of his way to get in the face of the guy and physically assault him. My facts are undeniable. Yours are not. As soon as someone else in the area confirms Smarts story, then you can claim racist. And Smart would still be an idiot for doing what he did.

Not to mention the fact that he cost his team any chance they had in the game with his stupidity.

Really? Cause there are at least ten people in this thread alone that think he should have done worse. If smart gets up and goes back to the court, we wouldn't know the guys name. Period.

As loud as it got in that arena with tech beating OSU, it would have been hard to hear anything at that moment yet Smart with his back turned knew exactly what was said and by whom?

The fan said something. You have no idea what. But I know for a fact that smart went well out of his way to get in the face of the guy and physically assault him. My facts are undeniable. Yours are not. As soon as someone else in the area confirms Smarts story, then you can claim racist. And Smart would still be an idiot for doing what he did.

Not to mention the fact that he cost his team any chance they had in the game with his stupidity.

Smart went well out of his way? I guess with your "undeniable facts" you missed the part how he flew under the basket into the crowd..

Even the guys on CBS, ESPN have commented on that... its an undeniable fact that Orr said something... Am I 100% sure it was racial?

No I am not but from everything that's being said id be really surprised if it wasn't

Again you keep going on about what smart did and I'm not arguing with you - he was dumb for going in the crowd.

But you give the fan no fault in the entire thing in any post...

That's weird

tumblr_m3fo9vJKvp1qd8nujo1_400.gif

Well, the guy was right behind him. You can hear what someone says from that close, at least when they're yelling (and nothing about this guy would suggest that he wasn't doing just that).

Maybe Smart was guessing on who it was. But I think it's pretty safe to say he still picked the right guy, whether he was guessing or he knew exactly who it was. Besides, multiple former Big 12 players have said they remember this guy. Who's to say Smart didn't also remember him from OSU's trip to TT last year, and therefore knew it was him?

Smart's actions were wrong. But so were Orr's, IMO.

Smart went well out of his way? I guess with your "undeniable facts" you missed the part how he flew under the basket into the crowd..

Even the guys on CBS, ESPN have commented on that... its an undeniable fact that Orr said something... Am I 100% sure it was racial?

No I am not but from everything that's being said id be really surprised if it wasn't

Again you keep going on about what smart did and I'm not arguing with you - he was dumb for going in the crowd.

But you give the fan no fault in the entire thing in any post...

That's weird

You don't read so good then. I haven't defended the fans behavior at all. He is most likely an idiot. But that doesn't excuse Dumb's behavior in any way, which many seem to think it does.

I am confused. You say he was dumb for going into the crowd but that he didn't go out of his way? He got up. Turned. Took 3 steps. That is out of his way

Why do you focus so much on the 19 yr old that made a bad choice and not on the grown man who has become the face of what is wrong within sports fandom? When someone's adrenaline is flowing it is hard to walk away when someone says something that touches a nerve...I know at 19 it was hard for me to do it. The real problem is what some fans do and say. And it needs to change because there is no place for it in sport.

btw I know it is technically assault but it wasn't much of a push and freedom of speech only goes so far.

This should bring to light fan actions and some changes and allow us to commend all the players who haven't done this but want to as I guarantee most want to.

You don't read so good then. I haven't defended the fans behavior at all. He is most likely an idiot. But that doesn't excuse Dumb's behavior in any way, which many seem to think it does.

I am confused. You say he was dumb for going into the crowd but that he didn't go out of his way? He got up. Turned. Took 3 steps. That is out of his way

Fans go out of their way to make it personal when they chant stuff at players. So it is a two way street both were wrong.

Why do you focus so much on the 19 yr old that made a bad choice and not on the grown man who has become the face of what is wrong within sports fandom? When someone's adrenaline is flowing it is hard to walk away when someone says something that touches a nerve...I know at 19 it was hard for me to do it. The real problem is what some fans do and say. And it needs to change because there is no place for it in sport.

btw I know it is technically assault but it wasn't much of a push and freedom of speech only goes so far.

This should bring to light fan actions and some changes and allow us to commend all the players who haven't done this but want to as I guarantee most want to.

Because it happens all the time. Most aren't as weak minded as smart though. Smart could have made it about the fan, he chose not to.

Latest posts