Malik Williams

I personally think * rankings in hoops are less important than football. I'm not saying they are irrelevant, I'm saying less, so. You could win a NCAA with 13 3/4* kids on your team over 13 5*.

you look at our underclass and throw in joe w in 18 class. then get pat m in 19 class. i know this a big if , but we get dj in 19 and foster in 20 and don't forget we have cj. pick up a rickey davis type with a better head. if this team gel together look out. also remember butler was one shot of winning it all.

I personally think * rankings in hoops are less important than football. I'm not saying they are irrelevant, I'm saying less, so. You could win a NCAA with 13 3/4* kids on your team over 13 5*.

I think I disagree. I think because there's less games in football, it's much harder to scout.

With basketball the kids are playing so many games, its easier to see how a kid responds in late game situations and against high level competition.

Not only that you have players playing both sides of the ball. You don't have to anticipate whether a guy will be a better offense or defensive player. Not only that, from sheer numbers there are only 5 guys compared to 11.

For these reasons, I think basketball is easier to scout and thus I'm thinking the star ratings are more accurate.

I think I disagree. I think because there's less games in football, it's much harder to scout.

With basketball the kids are playing so many games, its easier to see how a kid responds in late game situations and against high level competition.

Not only that you have players playing both sides of the ball. You don't have to anticipate whether a guy will be a better offense or defensive player. Not only that, from sheer numbers there are only 5 guys compared to 11.

For these reasons, I think basketball is easier to scout and thus I'm thinking the star ratings are more accurate.

You must not have ever seen Hoosiers. ;)

Well I think we could but Dean is worshiped around here and he said we can't land 5 star players and that's why he doesn't compare our current players to 5 star players.

Fran will probably land two in a row. Patrick then Foster.

It's not a troll I'm just repeating what you said.

So you didn't just bring up Foster being a 5* to try to troll it? Why did you bring it up and me up then? Are you still mad I didn't track 5* PG stats and Jordan showed he had better stats than 1/2 the 4* PG.

Last edited:
So you didn't just bring up Foster being a 5* to try to troll it? Why did you bring it up and me up then? Are you still mad I didn't track 5* PG stats and Jordan showed he had better stats than 1/2 the 4* PG.

I saw Foster got offered by Texas A&M yesterday and it got me thinking that I hope he doesn't blow up to 5 star status because then, according to you, we can't land him.

I think guys like Weiskamp, Patrick McCaffrey, the PG from Bettendorf will give us a good shot at Foster.

I get the feeling he would go out of state but with Fran being in early and local with this potential talent coming in... I think we have a strong case to make.

I think guys like Weiskamp, Patrick McCaffrey, the PG from Bettendorf will give us a good shot at Foster.

I get the feeling he would go out of state but with Fran being in early and local with this potential talent coming in... I think we have a strong case to make.

I think as long as he stays as a 4 star recruit we have a great shot at him. If he gets to 5 star we might as well stop recruiting him from what I have been told.

You just said the other day we can't land the 5 star one and done type recruits.
Okay. Time for me to put an end to this one.

Whenever the word Ulis gets uttered around here you follow with a subsequent post saying that had he not gone to UK he would have gone to MSU. But now because it fits your narrative we had a strong chance at him?

The story of Ulis's recruitment is clearly different than your average 5 star. He was undersized but once UK came calling the rest was history. Btw he wasn't a one and done player anyway.

As for Williams, he is actually ranked a 4 star by Rivals, and around the 30th best player in the country. A fringe 5 star. I'd wager he is not a one and done player and may even take some lumps this year due to his frail frame.

I think Dean's point had more to do with who the 5* PGs actually were this year. Lonzo Ball, Markelle Fultz, and De'Aron Fox were all one and done lottery picks. Those type of players are not likely to be at Iowa, and most fans can see that.

Give it up troll man.

I think as long as he stays as a 4 star recruit we have a great shot at him. If he gets to 5 star we might as well stop recruiting him from what I have been told.

Dude. Seriously just shut up. You hijack enough threads on this board, you don't need to repeat the same crap you somehow legitimize in your own mind in hopes of convincing someone else. It's not working, move on. Jesus.

Okay. Time for me to put an end to this one.

Whenever the word Ulis gets uttered around here you follow with a subsequent post saying that had he not gone to UK he would have gone to MSU. But now because it fits your narrative we had a strong chance at him?

The story of Ulis's recruitment is clearly different than your average 5 star. He was undersized but once UK came calling the rest was history. Btw he wasn't a one and done player anyway.

As for Williams, he is actually ranked a 4 star by Rivals, and around the 30th best player in the country. A fringe 5 star. I'd wager he is not a one and done player and may even take some lumps this year due to his frail frame.

I think Dean's point had more to do with who the 5* PGs actually were this year. Lonzo Ball, Markelle Fultz, and De'Aron Fox were all one and done lottery picks. Those type of players are not likely to be at Iowa, and most fans can see that.

Give it up troll man.

As long as Foster isn't a one and done type talent we should have a great shot at him then. If he is a one and done 5 star kid I've been told we'd be better off just moving on because he ain't coming here.

Latest posts