Malik Williams

Here is exactly what Dean said.

If you aren't a 5* one and done type, there isn't this batch of "elite" PG. sorry man but we aren't going to get the Alonzo Balls of the world. We can get 4* players though.

If Joe W becomes 5 - if Patrick 5 - if Simpson - who is in state and Iowa was in on early becomes a 5 - Iowa can get those types of players, so you're being your typical charming self as usual. Tyler Cook committed to Iowa when he was a 4 - if he had suddenly became a 5 he wouldn't automatically be off the team.

Here is exactly what Dean said.

If you aren't a 5* one and done type, there isn't this batch of "elite" PG. sorry man but we aren't going to get the Alonzo Balls of the world. We can get 4* players though.

That was in response to someone saying Fran needs an elite point guard. Like it's just that easy to do. Dean said the elite point guards are the 1 and done types that don't come to Iowa. In what world does that mean that it's impossible for Iowa to ever get a 5 star?

That was in response to someone saying Fran needs an elite point guard. Like it's just that easy to do. Dean said the elite point guards are the 1 and done types that don't come to Iowa. In what world does that mean that it's impossible for Iowa to ever get a 5 star?

So what Dean meant is we can get the one and done player but not at the point guard position? That kind of reaffirms what I've been saying that Fran struggles to recruit that position. Also comparing landing a 5 star player to winning the lottery you are just proving mine and Dean's point.

So what Dean meant is we can get the one and done player but not at the point guard position? That kind of reaffirms what I've been saying that Fran struggles to recruit that position. Also comparing landing a 5 star player to winning the lottery you are just proving mine and Dean's point.

no, he said Iowa isn't going to get those types of players at any position- it's true, 1 in 20 years - there are circumstances that will defy that rule and looks like exactly that could be on the horizon, and Iowa won't stop on a kid just because they become a 5 star. That's ridiculous. We get it, it's a troll. Nice work.

no, he said Iowa isn't going to get those types of players at any position- it's true, 1 in 20 years - there are circumstances that will defy that rule and looks like exactly that could be on the horizon, and Iowa won't stop on a kid just because they become a 5 star. That's ridiculous. We get it, it's a troll. Nice work.

I think you are misunderstanding what Dean and I are saying. 5 star one and done players aren't coming here which is why we don't need to compare our players to them. By saying that it is not very smart to waste resources recruiting someone when you know they aren't coming here.

I think you are misunderstanding what Dean and I are saying. 5 star one and done players aren't coming here which is why we don't need to compare our players to them. By saying that it is not very smart to waste resources recruiting someone when you know they aren't coming here.

Patrick might be a 5 star. Simpson could be. Joe W is just gonna be short of it - Who says DJ Carton doesn't blow up. They all could come to Iowa. Dean didn't say that - you have tho

Patrick might be a 5 star. Simpson could be. Joe W is just gonna be short of it - Who says DJ Carton doesn't blow up. They all could come to Iowa. Dean didn't say that - you have tho

One and done players don't go to Creighton, yet they just had one ... weird how that works. I don't think it's fair to turn around and judge every other player they have off of him instead of players that are more similar in the fold.

Who is Simpson? If Carton blows up and becomes a 5 star point guard we will not be getting him. Elite point guards aren't coming here and that's why we don't compare our players to them.

Who is Simpson? If Carton blows up and becomes a 5 star point guard we will not be getting him. Elite point guards aren't coming here and that's why we don't compare our players to them.

Sorry - I meant Foster - and you're an absolute idiot and I'm even dumber for engaging you still.

Your point is that saying it doesn't happen is not the same as it is impossible to happen?

Your point is that saying it doesn't happen is not the same as it is impossible to happen?

Dean and I are saying we aren't going to get the 5 star players of the world but we can get the 4 star players. You can interpret that however you would like.

Dean and I are saying we aren't going to get the 5 star players of the world but we can get the 4 star players. You can interpret that however you would like.

You and dean are saying Iowa doesn't get the 5 star one and done players. Common sense tells us all that's not the same as saying it's impossible to get them.

You and dean are saying Iowa doesn't get the 5 star one and done players. Common sense tells us all that's not the same as saying it's impossible to get them.

If it wasn't impossible to get them we probably would compare our current players to the one and done recruits.

Cy5656 is butthurt that Jordan did better last year than 1/2 of the 4* rated PG in his class. He was pissing about moaning about not getting Charlie Moore, so I tracked similar PG to Charlie (4* PG) stats all year long. Jordan's numbers were better than 1/2 of the 4* PG.

It was never a discussion of 5* one and done PG, although Jordan and Lonzo were the only two players in college BB to have X amount of 3's and assists.

Latest posts