Malik Williams

Dude. Seriously just shut up. You hijack enough threads on this board, you don't need to repeat the same crap you somehow legitimize in your own mind in hopes of convincing someone else. It's not working, move on. Jesus.

I'm not hijacking anything at all. I am saying if Foster reaches the one and done type level we need to stop wasting resources on him because he isn't going to come here. That's what I was told by someone who has a lot more clout on this site than me so I am surprised you are disagreeing with it.

As long as Foster isn't a one and done type talent we should have a great shot at him then. If he is a one and done 5 star kid I've been told we'd be better off just moving on because he ain't coming here.

We all know you can't be helped and you also can't help yourself - so, you can stop trying to deny who you are. I've actually taken your side on some takes, which now makes me feel dirty. 100% Cy-Troll.

I'm not hijacking anything at all. I am saying if Foster reaches the one and done type level we need to stop wasting resources on him because he isn't going to come here. That's what I was told by someone who has a lot more clout on this site than me so I am surprised you are disagreeing with it.

So either you have done a complete 180 and now believe what Dean says as gospel or you have taken one of his comments out of context and used it to further perpetuate your troll in order to hijack yet another thread. You can set the record straight and let us know which one it is if you'd like but I'm pretty sure we all know which one it is.

So either you have done a complete 180 and now believe what Dean says as gospel or you have taken one of his comments out of context and used it to further perpetuate your troll in order to hijack yet another thread. You can set the record straight and let us know which one it is if you'd like but I'm pretty sure we all know which one it is.

If Dean says we can't get a one and done type player I'm going to believe him. I'd rather just agree with what he says than disagree with him and get called a troll. I'm just crossing my fingers Foster doesn't blow up so we have a chance with him.

If Dean says we can't get a one and done type player I'm going to believe him. I'd rather just agree with what he says than disagree with him and get called a troll. I'm just crossing my fingers Foster doesn't blow up so we have a chance with him.

Dean, as well as myself and other posters - explained in great detail the context of his original statement on 5 star players. You refuse to let it go because what else do you got?

Dean, as well as myself and other posters - explained in great detail the context of his original statement on 5 star players. You refuse to let it go because what else do you got?

Dean explained we're not going to get the one and done type players like Lonzo Ball and others. If Foster becomes that level of talent we need to move on because we don't have a chance with that which is why Dean doesn't compare our players to those type of recruits.

Ok cool. So you have finally conceded to him and will stop being a douche troll just to hijack threads? I didn't think I would see it happen - figured it would take you being banned for you to stop but this is much better. Welcome to the land of the sane.

Dean explained we're not going to get the one and done type players like Lonzo Ball and others. If Foster becomes that level of talent we need to move on because we don't have a chance with that which is why Dean doesn't compare our players to those type of recruits.

That's not at all what he said.

That's not at all what he said.

Yes he did. He isn't going to compare Jordan to the 5 star one and done players because we can't get those to come here. If Foster is one of those players we need to stop wasting our resources on him and focus on worse recruits.

also - I'd like a list of these types of players that Iowa is getting in the first place to refute Dean initial comment - which was a generalization that Iowa does not typically get these types of kids. Which is all he said.

Yes he did. He isn't going to compare Jordan to the 5 star one and done players because we can't get those to come here. If Foster is one of those players we need to stop wasting our resources on him and focus on worse recruits.

again - not what he said.

also - I'd like a list of these types of players that Iowa is getting in the first place to refute Dean initial comment - which was a generalization that Iowa does not typically get these types of kids. Which is all he said.

I'm agreeing with what he said. If Foster ends up being one of those kids we need to stop wasting our resources on him because he is not going to come here.

He did the same thing with "fake assists".

Then explain to me what he said because my understand is he said he isn't going to compare Jordan to one and done type players because those players don't come to Iowa.

they don't? when the schools last player to go 1 and done was 20 years ago - it's a safe assumption that Iowa doesn't get many of those types of guys right? Why would we compare our player to 1 and done guys when Iowa isn't that type of program? Makes NO sense. Now, that's not to say that Iowa CAN'T get those guys. Sometimes those guys come from off the radar (like Justin Patton last year at Creighton). Sometimes those kids grow up in your back yard. Dean never stated one time that Iowa shouldn't recruit that type of kid or waste the resources. Not once. You have, on every post since it was brought up tho.

I would assume he compared Bohannon to 4 stars to show he's good. I don't think he ever tried to prove he was elite, which is why he would need to compare him to 5 stars.

I would assume he compared Bohannon to 4 stars to show he's good. I don't think he ever tried to prove he was elite, which is why he would need to compare him to 5 stars.

Dean was actually comparing him to elite players (his words) and left out the 5 star recruits because he said we can't land those players. I honestly don't know why I'm getting attacked for this when I'm agreeing with Dean for once. If Foster ends up being a one and done type player he isn't coming here. We can get the 4 star recruits but not the 5 star ones.

Here is exactly what Dean said.

If you aren't a 5* one and done type, there isn't this batch of "elite" PG. sorry man but we aren't going to get the Alonzo Balls of the world. We can get 4* players though.

Other programs have a better historical success of taking 1 and done guys which can make it an uphill battle.

But Fran has also shown he can develop guys like White, Uthoff and Jok all have/had NBA opportunities. There also has never been a 1 and done talent in our backyard since Fran's tenure so although historically success is against us, we still have some things going for us being in early and the talent of the roster and potential success of the program these next couple years could be significantly elevated.

Latest posts