Kirk Ferentz Adddresses Brian Ferentz Behavior

Maybe I'm missing the import of this, but BF blowing off some steam, laced with a few expletives, isn't that horrible. Of course, KF can't condone it, but I, for one as a fan, am not that bothered by it. Swearing in football? I can't imagine. I'm sure he was pissed. Points taken off the scoreboard just before half. I'd be pissed too.

The press tattling on him like some schoolyard snitches is less becoming.

You can't (shouldn't) have football without swearing. They are almost the same *&&*^#@ thing.

Highly paid has nothing to do with it. Leader has nothing to do with it since it was in the press box.

KF gets bashed for being stoic on the sideline.

BF gets bashed for being po’d in the press box.

There should be a different standard somewhere other than bash a Ferentz for anything.
You must be blood relation?

Passion and fire is one thing. You don't go batsh** on the officials booth. There will a reprimand of some kind from the league office.

As for the "immature baby that was handed everything"...not sure about that angle. This was a kid who fought back from a pretty nasty medical situation...that takes some toughness. And while Belichick is a friend of Kirk...I don't think the Patriots are a charity organization.

And when he got government subsidized housing as a scholarship player he had to work really hard on that paperwork!

I wonder if this prompts BF to move down to the field to call plays. Football is an emotional game, just watch KF down there chewing out the officials on a regular basis.

The thing is Brian has to realize up in the booth isn't the sideline and you can't go ape shit up there, but you can down on the field. It is a weird double standard, but it is what it is.

And when he got government subsidized housing as a scholarship player he had to work really hard on that paperwork!

Starting center bro. Y be any different than any other scholarship player?? You down on Fran's kids then coming to play basketball on scholarships?

If you're going to do what Brian did, you at least better be cussing about an actual bad call. Let's all be honest, Brian isn't exactly mature enough or qualified enough to handle the OC job.

So 4 guys wrenching on a guy with a bad elbow and was obviously stopped but being held up by them and whistle blown way late, but that is a great call by the refs. I guarantee you Kirk flew some expletives on that one down on the field also.

The best part is 3 or 4 years from now when Brian is handed the head coaching job, this will be either forgotten or twisted into being some kind of wonderful learning experience, just like the rhabdo incident.

Y do you people even watch. The hatred is extreme. So you can come here and whine and bitch like a bunch of 12 year olds.

I don't see how anyone is really upset when this language goes on all around the stands in Kinnick. A guy sells shirts on Melrose that say "Iowa F-ing City". Why adults need to turn into adolescents when they get to the football game I have no idea but to get upset about this seems a bit hypocritical. Same stuff said throughout kinnick in the stands and I am sure said on the sidelines.

I wonder if this prompts BF to move down to the field to call plays. Football is an emotional game, just watch KF down there chewing out the officials on a regular basis.

The thing is Brian has to realize up in the booth isn't the sideline and you can't go ape shit up there, but you can down on the field. It is a weird double standard, but it is what it is.

Yeah, I have no probs with cussing and swearing. but need to be cognizant of your whereabouts.

Maybe it’s an age thing feeling entitled. Didn’t Brian also live in free low income housing at pheasant ridge and pocket the stipend when in college.
Yes, because God forbid a college football player wants to live among most of his teammates rather than in a place far removed from them.

That situation is misunderstood a lot. Sure, it was a bad look, but considering all the Ferentz's do for the university and the hospital in particular, I highly doubt it was an effort to penny pinch.

People are being too hard on Brian. I would be mad if I was him too because he doesn't have complete control of the offense. Urban Meyer could be our offensive coordinator and Kirk would still handcuff him and run the show.

People are being too hard on Brian. I would be mad if I was him too because he doesn't have complete control of the offense. Urban Meyer could be our offensive coordinator and Kirk would still handcuff him and run the show.
BF should have known from experience exactly how much control he'd have. Nobody forced him to take the job.

Latest posts