Kirk Ferentz Adddresses Brian Ferentz Behavior

The calls didn't go Iowa's way yesterday on several occasions...the "holding" by the TE and a couple of others were calls you could make on every down of college FB...BS

Iowa needs to figure out the offense...with an anemic offense, almost any penalty is a drive killer...10 yards in three plays is a stretch for this sputtering mess...

I don't know what happened...but banging on a door in a rage is OK in third grade...but not as an OC...ok...so it didn't go your way...man up and don't be a punk...

Maybe I'm missing the import of this, but BF blowing off some steam, laced with a few expletives, isn't that horrible. Of course, KF can't condone it, but I, for one as a fan, am not that bothered by it. Swearing in football? I can't imagine. I'm sure he was pissed. Points taken off the scoreboard just before half. I'd be pissed too.

The press tattling on him like some schoolyard snitches is less becoming.

The "press" isn't to blame for his juvenile behavior... He is a highly paid OC...a leader...act like it.

Or maybe you shouldn't be so delicate. This is football. I want my coaches to have fire especially if things aren't going well. He said some naughty words whoop-dee-freaking-doo. Seriously. Coaches are going to get angry sometimes. Go watch equestrian if you can't handle it.

No one has seen any video of the event or a transcript of what transpired...so based on no first hand knowledge...a bad word by a FB coach is SOP...shows fire...banging on a door like an insolent, spoiled, juvenile is different...

And for future reference...coaches who do such things don't get any "favors" in future contests...officials know who the "theys" are...there is a cost for everything...

No one has seen any video of the event or a transcript of what transpired...so based on no first hand knowledge...a bad word by a FB coach is SOP...shows fire...banging on a door like an insolent, spoiled, juvenile is different...

And for future reference...coaches who do such things don't get any "favors" in future contests...officials know who the "theys" are...there is a cost for everything...

Except BF calls plays from the press box so I'm not sure why officials would be bothered by something they didn't see, hear, or experience. It might be different if he was down on the field screaming into their faces.

I thought the "replay officials" were part of the alleged tirade...if not...understood...

Perhaps he could just as well call the game from home..."pops, OK now if I try that passing play we have been practicing for 3 months?"

Highly paid has nothing to do with it. Leader has nothing to do with it since it was in the press box.

KF gets bashed for being stoic on the sideline.

BF gets bashed for being po’d in the press box.

There should be a different standard somewhere other than bash a Ferentz for anything.

Maybe it’s an age thing feeling entitled. Didn’t Brian also live in free low income housing at pheasant ridge and pocket the stipend when in college.

Highly paid has nothing to do with it. Leader has nothing to do with it since it was in the press box.

KF gets bashed for being stoic on the sideline.

BF gets bashed for being po’d in the press box.

There should be a different standard somewhere other than bash a Ferentz for anything.
Maybe Brian has 2 different usernames on HN.

Latest posts