Kirk Ferentz Adddresses Brian Ferentz Behavior

Not sure about that. I had always heard that it wasn't but could be wrong.

All I could find is an excerpt from the following article, http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/...-reviewers-correct-to-confirm-final-play.html:

"National coordinator of officials Rogers Redding told the AP in a phone interview Tuesday there was nothing unusual about the way officials on the field or in the replay booth handled the decisive play....Replay officials don't have access to audio and cannot determine whether a whistle has blown the play dead."
So, they don't have access to the audio but everyone at home does? I don't think so. Even if that were the case, that means they absolutely can review all plays in that situation, because they never hear a whistle, right? ;)

So, they don't have access to the audio but everyone at home does? I don't think so. Even if that were the case, that means they absolutely can review all plays in that situation, because they never hear a whistle, right? ;)
For 99% of reviews, the timing of the whistle probably is irrelevant anyway, but, IMO, the audio should be included since occasionally it is very important. Not saying the set-up makes a lot of sense, but the statement is what it is.

Did you HEAR that "audio"? I looked like one of those foreign-movies-dubbed-into-English jobs, to me.

I don't think the issue was necessarily with the "call", it was that he was ruled down, and at some point, using replay for a whistle bastardizes the whole process. In addition, I think it was the multiplicity of questionable calls that built into BFs frustration (cheap holding calls, the INT off Smith-Marsette's drop that clearly showed ground was used to secure catch).

Bottom line is that Brian lost his cool and reacted very childishly and violently in response to a call that was most definitely reviewable and made correctly. He should be ashamed and I imagine he might even say that in his apology if it happens.

Bottom line is that Brian lost his cool and reacted very childishly and violently in response to a call that was most definitely reviewable and made correctly. He should be ashamed and I imagine he might even say that in his apology if it happens.

Violently and childishly? You saw it?

If the reports are accurate, I completely agree. Whether his concerns are justified or not, that kind of behavior is unacceptable for a professional in his position. He will be issuing an apology. Guaranteed.

Ok, if the reports are correct. Several Iowa media members reporting the same thing.....

So you'll take the media reports of the action, but give no credence to what led to it?

Not excusing his behavior, just think it's being overblown.

Wonder if this will last--at least on this board--as long as rhabdo?

He's a football coach. Not a politician. No cheering in the press box, but for once both Dad and Son showed some fire. If you watch the replay, Kirk follows the referee saying "You've got to be fing kidding me. That's mother-fing bull%$." This is much ado about nothing.

There was a cut to Brian shaking his head after Stanley audible into a bad run play. Are we going to beat him up about that?

Frustration and anger displacement...can't be angry at pops...go at the officials...

KF's controlling, stubbornness, arrogance, entitlement, excuses...create frustration...

It all flows from leadership...

On the fumble...seemed as if the officials all thought he was down, and the whistle was blown...but none of them blew the whistle...

Frustration and anger displacement...can't be angry at pops...go at the officials...

KF's controlling, stubbornness, arrogance, entitlement, excuses...create frustration...

It all flows from leadership...

On the fumble...seemed as if the officials all thought he was down, and the whistle was blown...but none of them blew the whistle...

Exactly. But that was but one of several really bad calls/reversals.

There's a line you cross. Having a tirade on the field is one thing, but there is a different level of decorum expectated in the press box, and he needs to learn that, especially if he actually was beating on the door of the replay officials.

There's a line you cross. Having a tirade on the field is one thing, but there is a different level of decorum expectated in the press box, and he needs to learn that, especially if he actually was beating on the door of the replay officials.

I heard he pulled a knife o_O OK, it was just a plastic butter knife, but...

Seriously, how does this stuff start?

Latest posts