Kirk Ferentz Adddresses Brian Ferentz Behavior

--------As for the "immature baby that was handed everything"...not sure about that angle

Wasn't he handed free housing? Or was this the wrong kid?
Subsidized housing... It wasn't totally free but tax payers paid a cut of whatever it was. He was in there with other teammates it's a common deal amongst players who's families don't have the $ and want to live off campus. Maybe Brians folks weren't shelling him out an allowance and therefore would have qualified for it on his own as he'd have been at the time. They have application forms up the yin yang you have to fill out to even get in there. Granted that looks terrible as can be and nobody would buy it if the Ferentzs cut off Brian financially in regards to that so hence that played out the way it did and his other sons that went there after that never had that issue come up again...

So 4 guys wrenching on a guy with a bad elbow and was obviously stopped but being held up by them and whistle blown way late, but that is a great call by the refs. I guarantee you Kirk flew some expletives on that one down on the field also.
This is so factually incorrect. Butler was moving forward during the entire play. Try to not let your emotions blur your vision.

I guess BF should go down to the sidelines and put KOK up in the booth... Problem solved. Personally I have no problem with what he did. If kids are around then yeah ok but then I put that on the folks that put them there more so. If you take your kids to a D1 football game near the sideline/press box/other fans it's going to happen. As far as other adults having an issue with it who cares Kinnick it isn't a church even if it is your religion.

So 4 guys wrenching on a guy with a bad elbow and was obviously stopped but being held up by them and whistle blown way late, but that is a great call by the refs. I guarantee you Kirk flew some expletives on that one down on the field also.
So now we're supposed to expect people to tackle lighter when the ball carrier has an injury?

When you step on that field you're telling the world you're ready to play football full speed. Buyer beware.

I think that Kirk and the university are about to find themselves in a tough spot. This wasn't just salty language. Morehouse said he's never heard any outburst like that in his time covering the Hawkeyes. One reporter (I think Davis in the Gazette) posted that security showed up shortly after. I haven't seen more details around that yet.

If Brian actually pounded on the replay booth's door, I think the Big Ten will come down fairly quickly with a suspension. They can't tolerate that. And perhaps the potentially stickiest element of all is what Brian actually said. Lestikow reported in his post game podcast (I think based on what Hlas told him) that the tirade included a borderline epithet. Depending on what was actually said, that's some shaky ground to be on. Barta and the athletic department didn't exactly come off looking like they should win any human resources awards this summer. Regardless of what the Big Ten does, the UI might need to discipline Brian, too. I think the fact Kirk opened the post game by addressing it speaks to how serious he realized the incident was.

It's not a good look for anyone. You wonder if Brian would have felt emboldened to act in such a way if he had a boss who wasn't his father.

All I know is that Iowa has a coach on staff who was offensive coordinator last time the Hawkeyes beat Ohio State. I'm sure he'd do just fine if needed. Bubble screen this, waggle that. Brownlee up the middle for no gain. We got this.

A game that is played with brute physicality and emotion and I guess he is just supposed to say things like G-wilkers and shoot, dog gone. I myself have heard fans say things during the game that would make a sailor blush including myself. I frankly could give a crap about him getting pissed! I don't blame him, one time one of his inept play calls goes for 17 yds and then fumbled I'd be mad too! From now on I'm sure he'll be advised to just put a stick of gum in his mouth when things aren't going right.

Subsidized housing... It wasn't totally free but tax payers paid a cut of whatever it was. He was in there with other teammates it's a common deal amongst players who's families don't have the $ and want to live off campus. Maybe Brians folks weren't shelling him out an allowance and therefore would have qualified for it on his own as he'd have been at the time. They have application forms up the yin yang you have to fill out to even get in there. Granted that looks terrible as can be and nobody would buy it if the Ferentzs cut off Brian financially in regards to that so hence that played out the way it did and his other sons that went there after that never had that issue come up again...

Meh, if someone is going to get some tax $$$ why not a Ferentz? Heck the old man has literally paid millions in taxes over the years. Brian has also more than paid that back and then some.

Meh, if someone is going to get some tax $$$ why not a Ferentz? Heck the old man has literally paid millions in taxes over the years. Brian has also more than paid that back and then some.
Not sure if your being sarcastic or not but that's a legit angle on it too... That said I doubt that was done with any intention at all. Once it was publicly thrown out there what was going on he was moved out and KF wasn't going to make that type of argument which would get zero sympathy from anyone other then those in his same tax bracket...

So you folks are aware, the "Press Box" isn't just for the press anymore. There are ladies up there serving food, there are luxury boxes for the higher ups and their guests, there are older folks who work as ushers and credential checkers. We're all in the same area.

So you folks are aware, the "Press Box" isn't just for the press anymore. There are ladies up there serving food, there are luxury boxes for the higher ups and their guests, there are older folks who work as ushers and credential checkers. We're all in the same area.
So is the rumor about Brian breaking his wrist a couple weeks ago true?

Moves to make...

Acknowledge it happened, immediately, stating it is inappropriate, and that it will taken care of. Check

Own up to any suspension or discipline that the conference decides upon, with a complaint or appeal.

Brian...anger management class, with a strong dose of "adulting" content.

Move KF to the press box...give him a headset that plays a "live feed" of the former game played by the opponent on the field.

Do all you can to "bury" any recordings audio/video of childish, inappropriate tirade of BF

Beat OSU w/o suspended BF...

Kirk said he disapproved. That's cuz he's classy. Apparently the classiness appreciation society has done a 180. How did that happen??? (giggles)

You seen his returns? You advocating corporate welfare? In reality, KF could pay millions more in taxes than I do and pay a lower % of income.

Not addressed to you so much, but I wonder if Brian's in house punishment will be equal to what a player punishment will be. If it does, I'll start to believe in KF the wonderful guy.

Not related to that, with BF having maybe anger issues and KF being controlling I'm wondering if inside the guy rages but being calm on the outside is how he keeps it in check.

Latest posts