Kirk Ferentz Adddresses Brian Ferentz Behavior

I certainly hope that Gary Barta is smarter than just to tell Brian not to repeat his bad behavior. If Barta is smart, and actually in control of the program, he would explore the reasons for Brian's frustration, which means he would not shy away from asking if the working relationship he has with the Head Coach is part of his frustration. If Barta is not willing to go there, he is not doing the job he was hired to do.

Look, I'm not asking that Barta get between Coach Ferentz and his son Brian, BUT I am saying that he needs to determine if there is an issue between the HC and the OC. Just because BF is the HC's son should not preclude him from stepping into that area because Barta's responsibility is to address potential issues within the program, not to sidestep the issue.

I don't envy Barta's dilemma, but we must remember that he approved of the OC appointment and now he must deal with it - not as a family matter but as an Big Ten AD/HC/OC matter. I hope it can be done professionally, and if there is some frustration between the HC and OC, that it be brought out into the open so that it can be dealt with effectively.
I'm sure Barta will outline the incident when writing Brian's 2017 performance review.

Unfortunatley, that is overly wishful thinking. :(

Possibly, but maybe Barta will see this as an opportunity to regain some control over the football program. In my view, he effectively turned all control over to KF when he gave him the 10 year contract, the subsequent 5 year extension, and then letting him hire BF as OC. But, now that things are not going very smoothly, based on BF's outburst of frustration, maybe he can wrest some of that control back, or at a minimum can demand more of an accounting from KF.

I realize that Barta may not have the guts to do it but at some point he has to realize he's not much of an AD if he just let's KF walk all over him like he's a marshmallow. If he's worthy of his position, he needs to step up and demand some accountability from the HC; not just in regard to the BF incident but the entire program. Barta is really the only one in a position to do it, so what's stopping him? He needs to use this incident as an opportunity to restore his AD position to what it should be; i.e. instead of only being KF's #1 cheer leader he needs to be his superior (boss).

Creeper obsession.
Answers the question: Do stalkers know if they are mentally ill?
When are you going to confirm that you took me off ignore because you can’t resist me joshie? You even took me out of your sig.

Or did you not block me at all but just told us all you did??? You either were so obsessed with my opinion of you that you started reading my posts again, or you lied about it in the first place. Which one?

ok...so brian cussed and swore outside the officials door at halftime and some fans saw and heard it. is this right?

So, this must be a huge investigation with repercussions because football must be G-Rated? Perhaps I haven't heard the full story. If there is more than I listed above, please provide. But if I've captured the gist of it, then I fail to see how this makes Iowa look like an out of control program.

Latest posts