KF Press Conference @ 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will do nothing for the masses that are bent on the main issues at hand, but honestly nothing they can aay would. However this Presser could potentially add more fuel to the fire and most certainly will draw even more questions!!

We got close a KF tears when he was talking about the twitter ban being in place to protect his guys.

This will do nothing for the masses that are bent on the main issues at hand, but honestly nothing they can aay would. However this Presser could potentially add more fuel to the fire and most certainly will draw even more questions!!
I'm guessing the media are licking their chops for Barta next week. He's the one they're gonna shred.

We didn't learn a whole lot that wasn't already known, but this is Iowa trying to stay in front of something they probably can't. It was more lip service then anything but let's be honest, Iowa needs that at this point and they need it badly. It was a bad look how long it took for them to respond to the first few accusations. I think the growing message was "Things are better now and players feel like they've cleared the air" .....ie, now that one guy has been removed and the air has been cleared, let's ball.

My only thought during the first few minutes of this press conference was, "are the PR personnel in the Iowa Athletic Department all Nebraska or Minnesota alumni?" The start of that press conference was painful...and the three players coming on and saying basically the same thing...how about helping them formulate something more meaningful around what's happening to start. That was weird.

We didn't learn a whole lot that wasn't already known, but this is Iowa trying to stay in front of something they probably can't. It was more lip service then anything but let's be honest, Iowa needs that at this point and they need it badly. It was a bad look how long it took for them to respond to the first few accusations. I think the growing message was "Things are better now and players feel like they've cleared the air" .....ie, now that one guy has been removed and the air has been cleared, let's ball.

Investigations do take time. It is not like you can investigate yourself and produce your own report. There has to be some independence to it, so we need time and I am sure there will be a day in the coming weeks where there will be much more in terms of findings/changes.

My only thought during the first few minutes of this press conference was, "are the PR personnel in the Iowa Athletic Department all Nebraska or Minnesota alumni?" The start of that press conference was painful...and the three players coming on and saying basically the same thing...how about helping them formulate something more meaningful around what's happening to start. That was weird.

Aren't the kids supposed to speak for themselves?????????

Bullying doesn’t equal racism, but if he made comments that could be construed as racist like asking Wadley if he was going to go rob a bank, it’s still bad. The court of public opinion isn’t going to stand for it.

And if there are other players who’ll corroborate (sounds like there is even a white player who will) the accusation that he purposely influenced Wadley’s draft status that’s fireable in my opinion. If it happened. I wasn’t there and don’t know.

I think the winter mask robbing a bank question is the least damning statement to the player. Hell, I've had that asked to me as a joke many times over the years when wearing one. Many white guys have.

I don't believe it is right to assume the intent of the coach saying it is to bridge the individuals race or skin color with robbing a bank. Nobody but that coach knows the true intent when stating that. He could have easily said the same thing to AJ. Epenesa.

People hearing what was said are making the decision it was racist which is very dangerous in our society. In fact, if that is the case, we've pretty much lost our society and the ability to live among each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.