Kadyn Proctor Speculation

Right, left him and Gallary, who settled in and had a nice career after a horrible start off since they hadn’t played lately. Iowa is still known for churning out OL players. Ya can’t take that out of ole captn bubblegum.
Bulaga had a long cup of coffee in the league as well.

Lost in the success of the defense last year is that X didn't seem to make much of an impact. Didn’t seem to be involved in many big plays, took bad angles in run support AND pass coverage. Just seemed to have a meh year all around.
Lots of players look lost early in their careers. Everyone’s light turns on at different times. X blessed with a lot of other god given tools most don’t have. Coaching will catch up.

Lost in the success of the defense last year is that X didn't seem to make much of an impact. Didn’t seem to be involved in many big plays, took bad angles in run support AND pass coverage. Just seemed to have a meh year all around.
Wow. Tough critic.

how many times did QBs have to run or scramble or get sacked or check down because the WRs were covered downfield? Often when a DB does his job in coverage, we don't notice. Especially safetys

I think Proctor got too big think he needs to trim down about 30 40 LBS. Watching him against UM he looked a bit slower and bulky then I remembered in HS when he was 330 320?
On the Hawk Central podcast they said he got up close to 400 before summer training.

I refuse to get sucked into this ! But just for fantasyland sakes, can you imagine on OL that included Brooks and Proctor?
Imagine putting them at the guard spots. If everyone thought we were good at QB sneaks before wait to see what that'd look like... Now granted they'll be tackles instead at least Proctor will be Brooks still has a yr of HS left so we'll see. I'm just in fantasy land of how those two dudes together could seriously move the LOS every snap

Wow. Tough critic.
I pretty much agree with him though... He got burned a couple times bad. He's a solid tackler when he's in the right place gotta give him that. But he didn't seem to be able to defend passes all that great. He almost seemed slow at times compared to WRs anyway. He's got alot to work on yet. I was hoping to see him flying around breaking up passes and getting a few picks but he didn't really have that sort of impact.

I bet as tough as this grade is I bet Parker is even tougher on him. Here's to hoping he has a monster Jr yr though I think he will.

It's important to remember that star rankings in high school are projections based on college potential. X came in kind of light in the ass, so to speak, and needed to develop physically.

I think he breaks out this year with another offseason of physical development and tutelage by PP.

As far as Proctor, KF still spend significant time working with the OTs, especially in the spring. I've heard he knows what he's doing.

Do they have one in the Coral Ridge Mall?
A quick search on Spencer's Gifts site says yes...they do. I think they open at 10, so you have time to finish your coffee and head down there.

Kadyn coming home would he GREAT! We have had lots of positive news on the defensive side - let’s get some on the offensive side! Seems pretty ridiculous to see people knocking his talent. He started at ALABAMA! Best of luck to the kid regardless but black and gold looks great!!

X played with a cast on his wrist for about half the year. He could still do most of the things required but it had to hinder his play at least a little bit.

Because they’re hiring LeVar.

I'm good with that. At least, long term. I dunno if there's a learning curve, but I'm guessing the learning curve for an OC is a lot less severe under Kirk Ferentz than others. I assume the players like him. Hawk fans like him. He's proven he can select, motivate, and direct one leg of complimentary football.

I'm good with that. At least, long term. I dunno if there's a learning curve, but I'm guessing the learning curve for an OC is a lot less severe under Kirk Ferentz than others. I assume the players like him. Hawk fans like him. He's proven he can select, motivate, and direct one leg of complimentary football.
Are you kidding me? We are constantly told that the more talented backup QBs cannot play because they cannot learn KF's super duper complicated offense. Woods has never called plays or even coached on offense for more than a year or so. Might take him two seasons just to learn KF's really tricky audible system! The playbook is like a Game of Thrones novel! We need an experienced genius here for this position, gents.

Latest posts