Kadyn Proctor Speculation

We all get a tad jaded from time to time. How could you not be watching this offense?

But let's not go crazy here. Leave other players out of it for now. Iowa signed the best offensive lineman in the portal, who happened to start as a true freshman for a playoff team and one of the all time dynasties in college football.

He's a freshman. He has a lot of room to grow still, as a player and a person. As a fan, I hope it happens at Iowa. It's hard not to be skeptical of this offense, but it's also hard to see how adding Proctor would only be considered kinda meh.
Good stuff.

We all get a tad jaded from time to time. How could you not be watching this offense?

But let's not go crazy here. Leave other players out of it for now. Iowa signed the best offensive lineman in the portal, who happened to start as a true freshman for a playoff team and one of the all time dynasties in college football.

He's a freshman. He has a lot of room to grow still, as a player and a person. As a fan, I hope it happens at Iowa. It's hard not to be skeptical of this offense, but it's also hard to see how adding Proctor would only be considered kinda meh.

And he wants to be here! Not because we offered a boat load of money (we did, but I am sure there were bigger offers out there), and not because he couldn't hack it at Alabama (was SEC all-freshman), but because of who Iowa is.

He thought that Alabama would be a good fit, and from a prestige standpoint, any recruit would take Alabama over Iowa every day of the week. But he experienced what they had, and he recognized that it wasn't as special as the Iowa environment. We know both places are more than capable of turning OL into future pros, but KP thinks Iowa is a better place to spend his next 2-3 years. I do not understand why anyone would want to piss all over this, as some seem to be doing.

This feels like I'm stupidly taking the bait, because you're just trolling at this point.

You think KP is a touch overrated? You think Wirfs was maybe a better prospect and/or further along when he was a college Freshman or Sophomore? Fine, make your case and let's think about it.

But you are just talking shit to say that KP is "laughable" and he's not in the same solar system as Wirfs. You are at serious risk of losing your football fan card over this one. The debate is: "who's better and who has more promise? Proctor or Wirfs?" And I'm telling you I would maybe choose Proctor, but I think it's a good debate. In no way, shape, or form, is this a question of: "is KP in the same solar system as Wirfs?"
Never said Proctor is laughable.

I said he's not as good as Wirfs was at the same point in their careers.

The hype surrounding Proctor is what is meh.

People here and on Twitter acting like it's the 2nd coming of christ and the answer to the problems on O.

It ain't.

An OL is made up of 5 people and it's only as good as the weakest blocker. Proctor is good, but unless the Hawks can miracle a few more guys who are more talented than the other 4 we have now, the same problems are going to exist.

Yeah, sorry, but Proctor is the real deal and definitely in the same solar system as Wirfs at the same point in his career

That is laughable. I don't even know what to say to that.

You did not say Proctor was laughable, but you did say a comparison between he and Wirfs was laughable, which is a laughable statement for you to make (we're getting meta-laughable, here). KP was all-SEC freshman team and started every game at LT for a team that made the playoffs.

TW did not play outside of garbage minutes and special teams in Iowa's first 5 games of his freshman year. He started at RT the rest of the way due to injuries to Boone Myers and Ike Boetger. He was not on the B1G all-freshman team.

We all know what TW went on to become, and there is no guarantee that KP reaches that level. But that was a really weird take by you to suggest that TW was so much better than KP at this point that making the comparison is ridiculous.

Why would they? Especially with the awesome bands playing at Gabe's. Think I saw the Replacements there around 1985 or 86 when I'd barely heard of them, but sobriety is going to be scarce when prime era Replacements are in the house, so can't quite be sure.
What the hell was the name of that hardcore punky place above G & Ws? I'm thinking The Crow's Nest but not sure. Some of the wildest shit I ever did began in that place. Not much fighting, a fairly convivial crowd for punks and bikers.

I saw the Replacements in G & Ws. Don't remember when.

My game plan was to add a doctorate in history to my resume and teach, at a college. My parents made me go to law school; the only serious thing they ever made me do.

You did not say Proctor was laughable, but you did say a comparison between he and Wirfs was laughable, which is a laughable statement for you to make (we're getting meta-laughable, here). KP was all-SEC freshman team and started every game at LT for a team that made the playoffs.

TW did not play outside of garbage minutes and special teams in Iowa's first 5 games of his freshman year. He started at RT the rest of the way due to injuries to Boone Myers and Ike Boetger. He was not on the B1G all-freshman team.

We all know what TW went on to become, and there is no guarantee that KP reaches that level. But that was a really weird take by you to suggest that TW was so much better than KP at this point that making the comparison is ridiculous.
87 won this exchange. Facts are facts. Logic is logic.

What the hell was the name of that hardcore punky place above G & Ws? I'm thinking The Crow's Nest but not sure. Some of the wildest shit I ever did began in that place. Not much fighting, a fairly convivial crowd for punks and bikers.

My game plan was to add a doctorate in history to my resume and teach, at a college. My parents made me go to law school; the only serious thing they ever made me do.
It was the Crow's Nest until maybe 1987, then changed names. And I do remember seeing bands there.

I'm actually a little meh on Replacements albums, especially when compared to contemporaries like Husker Du and early Soul Asylum and early REM and the Minutemen and Dinosaur Jr. But they were amazing live-and drunk. It's amazing only Bob Stinson lost his battle to the lifestyle. They made Motley Crue look like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

It was the Crow's Nest until maybe 1987, then changed names. And I do remember seeing bands there.

I'm actually a little meh on Replacements albums, especially when compared to contemporaries like Husker Du and early Soul Asylum and early REM and the Minutemen and Dinosaur Jr. But they were amazing live-and drunk. It's amazing only Bob Stinson lost his battle to the lifestyle. They made Motley Crue look like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

I'm sure media will try and get him to clarify that. Some twitter yappers are jumping up and down over it claiming tampering yeah. It just depends what was actually done. If what Proctor was referring to was just a tweet that Barnes put out which wasn't even to him but about him then all of this is stupid.

Makes one wonder what some folk do other than twitter yapping

Falls in the Get a Life catagory

Say WHAT Twice

Much like REM, the performances were always better than the albums.

My favorite show in Iowa City was Jerry Jeff Walker at Maxwells. Spectacular.

The Supremes in their hey day. No personality on stage. Mechanical. But good songs and voices. Maybe 45 minutes tops on stage. Viet Nam memories in song. 2 second rate backups.

Simon and Garfunkel when “Mrs. Robinson” movie was released. (The Graduate). No backups. Two guys, a 12 string guitar, a 3 legged stool. 1 hr 15 minutes, 15 minute break, back for another 1 hr 15 minutes + encore. Those were the days my friend, I thought they would never end. Best concert I have ever seen.

During that time, National guard invaded the old Capitol. Dispersed peaceful protestors. Bearded head of the religion department was accosted by police as he tried to enter the student union. (People with beards were suspect.) I cannot recall his name, but a very popular lecturer on campus. Result was big time backlash. Black arm bands were the rage. And wearers were targets.

The Supremes in their hey day. No personality on stage. Mechanical. But good songs and voices. Maybe 45 minutes tops on stage. Viet Nam memories in song. 2 second rate backups.

Simon and Garfunkel when “Mrs. Robinson” movie was released. (The Graduate). No backups. Two guys, a 12 string guitar, a 3 legged stool. 1 hr 15 minutes, 15 minute break, back for another 1 hr 15 minutes + encore. Those were the days my friend, I thought they would never end. Best concert I have ever seen.

During that time, National guard invaded the old Capitol. Dispersed peaceful protestors. Bearded head of the religion department was accosted by police as he tried to enter the student union. (People with beards were suspect.) I cannot recall his name, but a very popular lecturer on campus. Result was big time backlash. Black arm bands were the rage. And wearers were targets.
You must be about 10 years older than me. Good musical taste. Now that I'm old I mostly play and listen to mellow acoustic music.

The Beatles break up filled me with disabling depression. Just as I'm starting to recover Paul and Artie broke up and no one had actually seen Dylan in years. It was, to borrow a phrase, the day the music died.

You must be about 10 years older than me. Good musical taste. Now that I'm old I mostly play and listen to mellow acoustic music.

The Beatles break up filled me with disabling depression. Just as I'm starting to recover Paul and Artie broke up and no one had actually seen Dylan in years. It was, to borrow a phrase, the day the music died.
There's a Music Thread on this site now currently 171 pages deep. You ought to dig into that one sometime!

And he wants to be here! Not because we offered a boat load of money (we did, but I am sure there were bigger offers out there), and not because he couldn't hack it at Alabama (was SEC all-freshman), but because of who Iowa is.

He thought that Alabama would be a good fit, and from a prestige standpoint, any recruit would take Alabama over Iowa every day of the week. But he experienced what they had, and he recognized that it wasn't as special as the Iowa environment. We know both places are more than capable of turning OL into future pros, but KP thinks Iowa is a better place to spend his next 2-3 years. I do not understand why anyone would want to piss all over this, as some seem to be doing.
Yeah when it comes to other fan bases I get why they would. But as far as Iowa's fans that's head scratching. It seems pretty easy to comprehend to me from what he's said. Kid was homesick. For his family to go watch him play they had to travel quite aways and even though NIL made that affordable it it's still a huge pain in the ass to do week in and week out. So Saban retiring just made that decision as easy to make as could be for him.

He knows gosh darn well that as far as him getting drafted goes in 2 or 3 yrs that it doesn't matter if he was at Bama or Iowa to do that. He wasn't going to get taken 1 spot higher or lower depending on that. This was about Saban exiting and wanting to be closer to home where he has friends and family.

Yeah when it comes to other fan bases I get why they would. But as far as Iowa's fans that's head scratching. It seems pretty easy to comprehend to me from what he's said. Kid was homesick. For his family to go watch him play they had to travel quite aways and even though NIL made that affordable it it's still a huge pain in the ass to do week in and week out. So Saban retiring just made that decision as easy to make as could be for him.

He knows gosh darn well that as far as him getting drafted goes in 2 or 3 yrs that it doesn't matter if he was at Bama or Iowa to do that. He wasn't going to get taken 1 spot higher or lower depending on that. This was about Saban exiting and wanting to be closer to home where he has friends and family.
This is where I am and perceive it. I completely agree it's not going to hurt his draft position.

There's a Music Thread on this site now currently 171 pages deep. You ought to dig into that one sometime!
No one makes you read it, Mr. Helper.

A more productive use of your "site management skills" would be to find all the threads that have nothing to do with KF & BF in which people launched snarky and stupid attacks on either or both the Ferentzes, sometimes even Mary Ferentz. Now there's a good plan.

Last edited:
No one makes you read it, Mr. Helper.

A more productive use of your "site management skills" would be to find all the threads that have nothing to do with KF & BF in which people launched snarky and stupid attacks on either or both the Ferentzes, sometimes even Mary Ferentz. Now there's a good plan.

Whoa...I am 99.9% certain, based upon @Northside Hawk 's history of posting and the tone of his post, that he was legitimately pointing out another thread you may find interesting (if you have not yet perused that one). Pretty sure he was not telling you to take your thoughts elsewhere (@Northside Hawk , correct me if I'm wrong).

The hype surrounding Proctor is what is meh.

People here and on Twitter acting like it's the 2nd coming of christ and the answer to the problems on O.

It ain't.

An OL is made up of 5 people and it's only as good as the weakest blocker. Proctor is good, but unless the Hawks can miracle a few more guys who are more talented than the other 4 we have now, the same problems are going to exist.

Totally agree. As I posted in another comment it is “the sum of all parts” that works best for Iowa. That can be applied to the whole team and also to each portion of the team ( line play, quarterbacks, running backs, receivers, Coordinator, special teams).

Latest posts