Kadyn Proctor Speculation

The Proctor thing is kinda meh. People are making it out to be a bigger deal than it is. He’s not even in the same solar system as Wirfs was at the same point in his football career, and he’s only going to be here for a single season. Never wanted to be here in the first place—same over hyped vibe as Oliver Martin that I could never get excited about.

The kid is pretty good, but this isn’t a game changing thing like the Twitter hype-verse is portraying.

Art Appreciation. I can’t remember if I ever even showed up after orientation but I know I got an A somehow. Pretty sure it was a librarian at my college who had just gotten her masters and was teaching adjunct to make some money. She didn’t give a shit first of all, and the last thing she wanted to do was make waves by failing someone or giving them a shitty grade.

Just pay us the tuition, take your piece of paper, and move along. College is a huge waste of money in 99.9999996243% of cases.
Count me in as part of that near unanimous majority. And paying back student loans was tame then compared to what is now.

I needed college however, to grow as a person outside the classroom. I was even rougher around the edges then than I am now :)

The Proctor thing is kinda meh. People are making it out to be a bigger deal than it is. He’s not even in the same solar system as Wirfs was at the same point in his football career, and he’s only going to be here for a single season. Never wanted to be here in the first place—same over hyped vibe as Oliver Martin that I could never get excited about.

The kid is pretty good, but this isn’t a game changing thing like the Twitter hype-verse is portraying.
Tampa Bay has a legit shot at knocking off Detroit amd advancing and Wirfs is a huge reason why. He was robbed when not named all pro. He is a road grader in the run game and an elite protector of Mayfield's backside in the passing game.

This is kind of where I'm at as well with Proctor. I'm happy that he's coming in and he has great potential, but potential is just that - potential.

I sincerely hope that he's all-in as a Hawk, and dedicated to putting in the time and effort. My concern in a situation like this, is that he could just as likely rest on his laurels and reputation and do just enough to get him qualified for the combine. Time will tell, but either way it's ultimately better to have him in a Hawkeye uniform than not.

Art Appreciation. I can’t remember if I ever even showed up after orientation but I know I got an A somehow. Pretty sure it was a librarian at my college who had just gotten her masters and was teaching adjunct to make some money. She didn’t give a shit first of all, and the last thing she wanted to do was make waves by failing someone or giving them a shitty grade.

Just pay us the tuition, take your piece of paper, and move along. College is a huge waste of money in 99.9999996243% of cases.
A liberal arts education today is worthless unless you need for something for grad school. Pretty shocking statement for a guy with four post graduate degrees (needed something to do when the kids got married).

Instead of building massive debt and obtaining a degree that make take decades to recapture the loss in debt, the economy needs more of almost every trade. For example, where are the auto shops that used to be prevalent. Still drive cars and they still need repairs beyond the laymen's ability to do. Toilets still back up-but we need a good 20% more plumbers. Still building houses-why are there so few master finish carpenters?

Count me in as part of that near unanimous majority. And paying back student loans was tame then compared to what is now.

I needed college however, to grow as a person outside the classroom. I was even rougher around the edges then than I am now :)
You make a good point. College was fantastic-almost 50 years ago. Not much angst, no war to protest, no selective service to register for my birth year18-year-old drinking age and a fine of $100 for possession of under an ounce.

But the serious part was growing up in an environment where almost everyone could learn their real interests and meet others that share the same interests. Erudition in the afternoon and hedonism at night. Why would anyone want to leave?​

You think he will transfer again? He has to be in college for three years before he can go into the draft.

You think he will transfer again? He has to be in college for three years before he can go into the draft.
Think he will stay for two years. Maybe the fact he came back to Iowa so fast means he's not taking further offers?

Does KP make Iowa cool enough for Nick Brooks?

You make a good point. College was fantastic-almost 50 years ago. Not much angst, no war to protest, no selective service to register for my birth year18-year-old drinking age and a fine of $100 for possession of under an ounce.

But the serious part was growing up in an environment where almost everyone could learn their real interests and meet others that share the same interests. Erudition in the afternoon and hedonism at night. Why would anyone want to leave?​
Why would they? Especially with the awesome bands playing at Gabe's. Think I saw the Replacements there around 1985 or 86 when I'd barely heard of them, but sobriety is going to be scarce when prime era Replacements are in the house, so can't quite be sure.

All-righty then! Proctor is ok, just. 5*****. So what? College is over rated, a waste of time and $$ for about everyone. Liberal Arts are useless.
Thank you for sharing!
Don't get me wrong, here. I'm pumped that he is transferring to Iowa, and he's a talent. The point is that the hype is a bit over-the-top. If anything, it's better for him to reign in the expectations somewhat. That amount of hype really isn't fair and puts a lot on the young man's shoulders. I just hope that he's "all-in" as a Hawkeye, but am cautiously optimistic.

Let's see: was Wirfs a Freshman All American? Did Wirfs rate out as the best OLineman in the SEC Championship and national semi-final games? Yeah, sorry, but Proctor is the real deal and definitely in the same solar system as Wirfs at the same point in his career. If you watched the Alabama-Georgia game, Alabama in the 2nd half passed about every play, Georgia's DEnd -- not NW's, not Purdue's, not Minnesota's, GEORGIA's -- didn't as much as SNIFF getting past Proctor or get within 5 ft of the Alabama QB. It was impressive as hell. When lined up outside he can get to the second level, then vs Michigan in the semifinal they moved him inside when and where they needed extra power.
There's not another OLineman on Iowa's team that can carry Proctor's jock strap.

Yeah, sorry, but Proctor is the real deal and definitely in the same solar system as Wirfs at the same point in his career
That is laughable. I don't even know what to say to that.
There's not another OLineman on Iowa's team that can carry Proctor's jock strap.
LOL. That isn't saying much when this is the worst Iowa OL in decades...by a mile.

I'm not saying Proctor isn't good. But he's not as special as all the hype, and with the supporting cast he's going to be working with, it won't make much of a difference unless they get some different bodies and a different coach.

You think Barnett is going to get out of Proctor what Alabama's OL coach did?

I'm hoping you're wrong... His best ball is clearly ahead of him. I think he's home. He's not going to Neb or Iowa state or somewhere else close by. So he's got 2 great yrs at Iowa or maybe 3. How good and dominant will he be? Hard to say I doubt he's going to be Orlando Pace. The game is different then it was then. So much of how well he'll do will depend on this OC hire and what they try to do with that overall too. I'm optimistic for optimistics sake anyway

He was interviewed during the Purdue/Iowa men's basketball game. Oh boy, the internet exploded on tampering accusations. I think he said Iowa kept in touch with him and encouraged him during his struggles. I'm assuming KP was misquoted or may need to clarify.

My hope he stays a couple years. While he is a talent for sure. I do not think he is at Wirf's level...yet. Give him a season or two. I would say in many aspects, as highly touted as he was, there were things that were exploited while at Bama.

When he was at Southeast Polk, he had very little that challenged him in the aspect of talent lining across from him. When he went to Bama, I think some flaws showed. Granted, I do not think the Bama O-line was all that great as I think they lead the SEC in sack allowed?

I think working on his playing weight and footwork will be a couple things that will need to be addressed if he wants to have success at the next level. Either way, it's a big get for Iowa.

I took History of Rock and Roll as an elective my junior year maybe? It was awesome. Our TA had a guitar decked out just like Eddie Van Halen's classic red, white, and black splatter guitar. He came in and just shredded for like half of our class one day. I'm pretty sure I was high for 90% of those classes

He was interviewed during the Purdue/Iowa men's basketball game. Oh boy, the internet exploded on tampering accusations. I think he said Iowa kept in touch with him and encouraged him during his struggles. I'm assuming KP was misquoted or may need to clarify.

My hope he stays a couple years. While he is a talent for sure. I do not think he is at Wirf's level...yet. Give him a season or two. I would say in many aspects, as highly touted as he was, there were things that were exploited while at Bama.

When he was at Southeast Polk, he had very little that challenged him in the aspect of talent lining across from him. When he went to Bama, I think some flaws showed. Granted, I do not think the Bama O-line was all that great as I think they lead the SEC in sack allowed?

I think working on his playing weight and footwork will be a couple things that will need to be addressed if he wants to have success at the next level. Either way, it's a big get for Iowa.
I'm sure media will try and get him to clarify that. Some twitter yappers are jumping up and down over it claiming tampering yeah. It just depends what was actually done. If what Proctor was referring to was just a tweet that Barnes put out which wasn't even to him but about him then all of this is stupid.

That is laughable. I don't even know what to say to that.

LOL. That isn't saying much when this is the worst Iowa OL in decades...by a mile.

I'm not saying Proctor isn't good. But he's not as special as all the hype, and with the supporting cast he's going to be working with, it won't make much of a difference unless they get some different bodies and a different coach.

You think Barnett is going to get out of Proctor what Alabama's OL coach did?

This feels like I'm stupidly taking the bait, because you're just trolling at this point.

You think KP is a touch overrated? You think Wirfs was maybe a better prospect and/or further along when he was a college Freshman or Sophomore? Fine, make your case and let's think about it.

But you are just talking shit to say that KP is "laughable" and he's not in the same solar system as Wirfs. You are at serious risk of losing your football fan card over this one. The debate is: "who's better and who has more promise? Proctor or Wirfs?" And I'm telling you I would maybe choose Proctor, but I think it's a good debate. In no way, shape, or form, is this a question of: "is KP in the same solar system as Wirfs?"

We all get a tad jaded from time to time. How could you not be watching this offense?

But let's not go crazy here. Leave other players out of it for now. Iowa signed the best offensive lineman in the portal, who happened to start as a true freshman for a playoff team and one of the all time dynasties in college football.

He's a freshman. He has a lot of room to grow still, as a player and a person. As a fan, I hope it happens at Iowa. It's hard not to be skeptical of this offense, but it's also hard to see how adding Proctor would only be considered kinda meh.

We all get a tad jaded from time to time. How could you not be watching this offense?

But let's not go crazy here. Leave other players out of it for now. Iowa signed the best offensive lineman in the portal, who happened to start as a true freshman for a playoff team and one of the all time dynasties in college football.

He's a freshman. He has a lot of room to grow still, as a player and a person. As a fan, I hope it happens at Iowa. It's hard not to be skeptical of this offense, but it's also hard to see how adding Proctor would only be considered kinda meh.
This is much too sensible and optimistic for the haters on this site. Short of naming Andy Reid as the next OC and going back in time to wipe out Brian Ferentz as a small child--terminator style-- some folks around here just cannot be happy with anything related to Iowa football.

We just took Alabama's starting LT people!!!!!!

Latest posts