Kadyn Proctor Speculation

I would assume if we match the money he’s being offered he’d choose to stay close to home. I have no idea what these guys cost. I’d hazard elite OL would be more valuable at Iowa where we have so little talent to overcome bad offensive line play.

I think he's better then Richman day 1... I'm no Oline guru though. It'll be interesting how he fits in and how Barnett and KF want to do things though. How receptive to moving would Richman be. Dudes about to be a 3 yr starter I think. Not a very good one but nevertheless. Inside those walls he'll probably have some entitlement to that spot too. That said maybe he's willing to slide inside or go to the right side and put Dunker at guard. Who knows. Nicest problem we've had to talk about in awhile anyway.

Let’s play this out in our head. IF he ends up here let us speculate what the o-line will look like.

Right now:

RT Dunker
RG Elsbury
C Jones
LG Colby
LT Richman

With Proctor:

RT Proctor
RG Dunker
C Jones
LG Elsbury
LT Richman

Colby and Dejong as backups. Can Proctor be a LT at this level?

Let’s play this out in our head. IF he ends up here let us speculate what the o-line will look like.

Right now:

RT Dunker
RG Elsbury
C Jones
LG Colby
LT Richman

With Proctor:

RT Proctor
RG Dunker
C Jones
LG Elsbury
LT Richman

Colby and Dejong as backups. Can Proctor be a LT at this level?
He was just the starting LT for Alabama in the SEC and you’re questioning whether he can be the same in the b10? Maybe PSU but besides them I can think of another b10 team who had an elite edge rusher this past year.

He was just the starting LT for Alabama in the SEC and you’re questioning whether he can be the same in the b10? Maybe PSU but besides them I can think of another b10 team who had an elite edge rusher this past year.

I thought he was the right tackle for Bama.

No, he was LT. I watched him in the 2nd half of semi-final game for the first time all year, and Alabama didn't run a single running play his direction. None. So, I thought, well, he must be primarily a pass blocker for them, and from what I observed, a darn good one. Nobody sniffed getting past him. But vs Michigan in the championship game, they did run his direction, and I believe at one point down by the goalline they moved him inside or to a different position for more inside blocking.
Really wonder why he would enter the portal -- other than Saban leaving.

I had it in my head that he was the right tackle, but he was the left. So you swap out Richman for Proctor. So it looks like this:

RT Dunker
RG Elsbury
C Jones
LG Colby
LT Proctor

Richman and Dejong as the backups.

As I stated in the other thread, I only hope that if he comes, we actually have a competent OL coach when he gets here....

My guess is that Richman would get moved to the right. I doubt they would sit him. Kirk has already stated that Dunker is strictly a tackle, so he likely would be the odd man out.

I agree with others that I'll get pumped only when he signs on the dotted line. Too many moving parts here.

Iowa's best recruiting tool is the NFL and you don't have to look far to see Hawkeyes who have played on the Oline at Iowa and are/were in the NFL. I think it'sa bigger recruiting tool then NIL - James Daniels, Blyth, Boettger, Reiff, Scherff, Linderbaum, Tristin Whirffs are all a bigger bargaining chip for Iowa football then CC will ever be.

Oh...I hear ya. I was mostly joking. Then again, the number of offensive linemen going to the NFL from Iowa has diminished lately. It fell by a not statistically insignificant percentage starting, oh, I dunno...about 10-11 years ago. That being said, it's still statistically higher than all but a handful of other programs.

Though...as mostly joking as I am, these rules are paradigm shifting. And it's going to shift the way they think about the NFL. Sure, that's still the ultimate goal. But, it's also not the ONLY way anymore. Instead of being 100% the end goal, it's now just 98% of the goal (in the moment).

I mean how pretty sitting are some of these players now. Getting paid a couple million when they don't have any time or need to spend it. Slam it into investments. And just outright forget about it. Then go get drafted, buy the expensive car with your signing bonus.....buy a house when you make the team. Piss it all away on swimming pools, trips, cars. Play a few more years and rack up more money you can spend. Down the road you do a few commercials, autograph shows, appearances and maybe pick up some residuals for appearing on a TV show or two. Or you get money from some local restauranteur who opens and operates a steakhouse in your name. You get by 'til you're about 50 and very few people talk about you very much and there's no demand to come speak at corporate banquets and whatnot. The steakhouse ran it's course and you've finally burned through all that NFL money. And the $1,000,000 you got in college that's just been sitting there for 30 years at a very conservative rate of 6% is now worth $5.5 million. Damn, I wish I weren't an untalented, unathletic fat guy.

So.....if this *were* true....
Do you think he goes to a school that has no announced OC?
And if they have an OC, why haven't they announced it?
Because it's not a done deal?
Which means they don't have an OC?

I still don't think this passes my sniff test.

Lord knows, I've been wrong before. About everything.

My worry is he goes to OSU or Michigan.

This^. Been on this ride once. The train went south instead of a short trip to the east.

As long as we are getting out over our skis, this could have a snowball effect and get Nick Brooks to reconsider.

As long as we are getting out over our skis, this could have a snowball effect and get Nick Brooks to reconsider.
I refuse to get sucked into this ! But just for fantasyland sakes, can you imagine on OL that included Brooks and Proctor?

Heck, throw Dunker in there, too. That would be 3 massive human beings!
I think Proctor got too big think he needs to trim down about 30 40 LBS. Watching him against UM he looked a bit slower and bulky then I remembered in HS when he was 330 320?

could be they want to poach X
Lost in the success of the defense last year is that X didn't seem to make much of an impact. Didn’t seem to be involved in many big plays, took bad angles in run support AND pass coverage. Just seemed to have a meh year all around.

Iowa's best recruiting tool is the NFL and you don't have to look far to see Hawkeyes who have played on the Oline at Iowa and are/were in the NFL. I think it'sa bigger recruiting tool then NIL - James Daniels, Blyth, Boettger, Reiff, Scherff, Linderbaum, Tristin Whirffs are all a bigger bargaining chip for Iowa football then CC will ever be.
Marshall Yanda is an NFL top 10 OL of all time, top 5 at the guard position and he’s a Ferentz product. Don’t quote me on this but I think his 8 pro bowls are the most by a Hawkeye. I can’t think of anyone who has more.

Marshall Yanda is an NFL top 10 OL of all time, top 5 at the guard position. Don’t quote me on this but I think his 8 pro bowls are the most by a Hawkeye. I can’t think of anyone who has more.
Right, left him and Gallary, who settled in and had a nice career after a horrible start off since they hadn’t played lately. Iowa is still known for churning out OL players. Ya can’t take that out of ole captn bubblegum.

Latest posts