Kadyn Proctor Speculation

Half the Bama roster seems to be flirting with Georgia
Funny. They have a roster full of studs as it is. Game of musical chairs they don't all have one to land on. GA is in drivers seat I suppose to cherry pick though. Bama is getting a taste of how the other half has lived the last few yrs.

Struggled against speed rushers in the SEC. Many tackles do. Not just true freshman that started day 1 all yr long. But overall he did ok. How many true freshman have been thrown in to play LT all yr long at Bama? I think he held his own and did ok. Nothing to brag about but his best days are ahead of him. I'd say his floor is Aleric Jackson and the skys the limit.

One rumor is on Bama message boards is that he's homesick.. So there's that....

No idea how NIL deals work exactly.
Alabama is a long way from Iowa in most every circumstance.

Alabama is a long way from Iowa in most every circumstance.
No doubt. And btw when I say Jackson is his floor I mean that in that it's a really high one. Jackson is still in NFL cashing checks starting for the Rams. He was as underappreciated of a guy as we've had. Solid LT while he was a Hawk. No reason Proctor couldn't be no less then that and probably better.

I wonder if he'd be open to playing guard because of his struggles with speed rushers. I think he'd be a hell of a road grating guard. QB sneaks would be automatic with him inside

No doubt. And btw when I say Jackson is his floor I mean that in that it's a really high one. Jackson is still in NFL cashing checks starting for the Rams. He was as underappreciated of a guy as we've had. Solid LT while he was a Hawk. No reason Proctor couldn't be no less then that and probably better.

I wonder if he'd be open to playing guard because of his struggles with speed rushers. I think he'd be a hell of a road grating guard. QB sneaks would be automatic with him inside
Ya better pull the bait and switch on him after you get him here. If you recruit him saying we might put you at guard, he'd prob not go to that school. He wants NFL tackle $$$.

Ya better pull the bait and switch on him after you get him here. If you recruit him saying we might put you at guard, he'd prob not go to that school. He wants NFL tackle $$$.
I think he's better then Richman day 1... I'm no Oline guru though. It'll be interesting how he fits in and how Barnett and KF want to do things though. How receptive to moving would Richman be. Dudes about to be a 3 yr starter I think. Not a very good one but nevertheless. Inside those walls he'll probably have some entitlement to that spot too. That said maybe he's willing to slide inside or go to the right side and put Dunker at guard. Who knows. Nicest problem we've had to talk about in awhile anyway.

I just would have a hard time seeing him make the call to come to Iowa.
I mean, I think it'd be a good start for the o-line. Still a long way to go. I mean, it'd be terrific.
I think it'd be a good

Right now, Iowa's best football recruiting tool for players from Iowa (either in high school or the portal) is a women's basketball player. Cause it shows if you're from Iowa, we will love you. And shower you with whatever money we can scrape up. And if you respond to that love with performance, the money will be there. Probably hard to do as a lineman, though, as opposed to say QB, kick returner, or punter.

Here's my take:

Alabamaand the Deep South is a whole different world than cozy Iowa.

He did pick Iowa in the beginning so there must have been something he liked.

Maybe he's been talking to X, hearing what's it's like to be a Hawk and realizes that's what he wanted all along, he made a mistake and wants to come home.

I just would have a hard time seeing him make the call to come to Iowa.
I mean, I think it'd be a good start for the o-line. Still a long way to go. I mean, it'd be terrific.
I think it'd be a good

Right now, Iowa's best football recruiting tool for players from Iowa (either in high school or the portal) is a women's basketball player. Cause it shows if you're from Iowa, we will love you. And shower you with whatever money we can scrape up. And if you respond to that love with performance, the money will be there. Probably hard to do as a lineman, though, as opposed to say QB, kick returner, or punter.
Iowa's best recruiting tool is the NFL and you don't have to look far to see Hawkeyes who have played on the Oline at Iowa and are/were in the NFL. I think it'sa bigger recruiting tool then NIL - James Daniels, Blyth, Boettger, Reiff, Scherff, Linderbaum, Tristin Whirffs are all a bigger bargaining chip for Iowa football then CC will ever be.

Iowa fans will need to realize that the recruitting cycle never ends now. I would imagine they started saving for Proctor's "welcome home" bag of cash the day he decommitted.
I must say if they had that level of foresight then Tyler Barnes and Brad Henrichs deserves raises.

Iowa's best recruiting tool is the NFL and you don't have to look far to see Hawkeyes who have played on the Oline at Iowa and are/were in the NFL. I think it'sa bigger recruiting tool then NIL - James Daniels, Blyth, Boettger, Reiff, Scherff, Linderbaum, Tristin Whirffs are all a bigger bargaining chip for Iowa football then CC will ever be.
And lets face it. With Saban retiring that program is going into straight up rebuild mode almost. They have a lot of dudes in portal besides him and recruits decommitting. Would Proctor be doing this if he hadn't retired? Be an interesting thing to ask him whenever they can. I remember thinking when he decided to go down there that Saban wouldn't be there to see him off to the NFL be it after 3 yrs or 4. Combine whatever level of homesickness he may be having with all that and here we are.