Joe Wieskamp No. 25 in ESPN's New Top 60 for '18

I would bet 100 bucks to anyone that baring an injury to the starting 5 (Cook instead of Wagner) that we make at least the NIT. I think there is at least a 60% chance we make it and any time I can get 50/50 odds on a 60/40 bet, I'll take it.

I think there's reason for optimism for Bohannon and Moss. The team went out and played defense against ISU, which is why the won and looked good doing it. If Cook comes back and offers no post defense like before, we'll be right back to losing games again to bad teams.

Example of a negative fan who is clearly a fan.

You could argue all three scholarship offers were misses

Kicking A$$ since 2014....
battlebaer.jpg.pagespeed.ce.rqMczCmR-1.jpg

Example of a negative fan who is clearly a fan.

How is that different than anything I've said? I'm more optimistic on Baer than most people on here but people only look at what I say about Bohannon or CW. I already said I was wrong about Moss and he's playing really well

How is that different than anything I've said? I'm more optimistic on Baer than most people on here but people only look at what I say about Bohannon or CW. I already said I was wrong about Moss and he's playing really well

But you were still beating the drum when it was completely obvious to anyone watching that he was breaking out. You find any state you can to point out flaws even tho it's obvious watching the game that the player is better than that statement shows.

But you were still beating the drum when it was completely obvious to anyone watching that he was breaking out. You find any state you can to point out flaws even tho it's obvious watching the game that the player is better than that statement shows.

Then right when he's proven wrong he moves on to his next complaint... It's a revolving door of keeping things negative.

"Okay (pout face)... I was wrong about Moss, BUT I still think we suck at PG. Let's please not talk about anything positive!". It's a red flag dude. Your cover is blown. Your schtick is old news. Time to switch to another alt.

Who? Moss? I said I wanted to see him do it against a good team before I bought in. I don't think that's unreasonable

Then right when he's proven wrong he moves on to his next complaint... It's a revolving door of keeping things negative.

"I was wrong about Moss, BUT I still think we suck at PG. Let's please not talk about anything positive!". It's a red flag dude. Your cover is blown. Your schtick is old news. Time to switch to another alt.

Hate to break it to you but I'm not changing usernames

you also believe that Iowa basketball should be above having a down season with over 100 years of history to prove otherwise.

I think if we would have recruited better and went after transfers our down year wouldn't be so bad
that's stating obvious man - but it happens at every program in the country - so the "it's not acceptable" card you continue to play makes you a troll. You asking "How?" makes you a troll. You are the definition of a troll on this board.

that's stating obvious man - but it happens at every program in the country - so the "it's not acceptable" card you continue to play makes you a troll. You asking "How?" makes you a troll. You are the definition of a troll on this board.

And when it happens to every other program in the country do you think their fans are happy about it? I'm sorry I'm pissed we're 5-5 but I guess that makes me a troll.

And when it happens to every other program in the country do you think their fans are happy about it? I'm sorry I'm pissed we're 5-5 but I guess that makes me a troll.

It's like talking to my 3 year old - it's the same conversation different day - NO Hawk fan is happy with 5-5, I'm pissed. I'm a diehard and hang on every possession with this program. The difference is you see that as an absolute sign on things to come while I see what I am watching as a positive for the future moving forward. If you can't see that - then we question you as a "fan" of Iowa basketball.

I know that all programs have down years but if we had really good players every year we wouldn't.

Reasons we are 5-5.

1- Pemsl, JB, and Moss were non factors at the beginning of the year.

2- guys who turned out to be around our 10th and 11th best players (give or take) were major contributors at the beginning of the year.

3- our 2nd best player got hirt.

4- the team had no idea how much effort it took to play defense at this level.

5- a pretty tough schedule.

6- one bad loss that most teams have.

Reasons to be optomistic.

1- the rotation we have now seems to be night and day better than the rotation we started with.

2- Cook and Jones will be back.

3- we have one of the best scorers in the country.

4- the defense seems to have picked up quite a bit.

5- 5 players are good enough to put Baer into the 6th man roll which suits him perfectly.

Reasons we are 5-5.

1- Pemsl, JB, and Moss were non factors at the beginning of the year.

2- guys who turned out to be around our 10th and 11th best players (give or take) were major contributors at the beginning of the year.

3- our 2nd best player got hirt.

4- the team had no idea how much effort it took to play defense at this level.

5- a pretty tough schedule.

6- one bad loss that most teams have.

Reasons to be optomistic.

1- the rotation we have now seems to be night and day better than the rotation we started with.

2- Cook and Jones will be back.

3- we have one of the best scorers in the country.

4- the defense seems to have picked up quite a bit.

5- 5 players are good enough to put Baer into the 6th man roll which suits him perfectly.
6. We have some nice recruits coming in to go with the young talent that is gathering experience now.

Latest posts