Joe Wieskamp No. 25 in ESPN's New Top 60 for '18

Fran's last 2 classes + his next 2 > better than any he's had prior which might lead someone to be confident moving forward. It might even seem as if he's recruiting well enough to put his team in position to win championships.

Fran's last 2 classes + his next 2 > better than any he's had prior which might lead someone to be confident moving forward. It might even seem as if he's recruiting well enough to put his team in position to win championships.

You're including 2015? Most people on here will admit that was not a good class

We were until the collapse

Point being he recruited good enough. In fact, he recruited well enough for us to be a 1 seed. Then we tanked due to a few players that couldn't handle pressure their whole career. I honestly think Mike missing those free throws against ISU his sophomore year ruined him and cost us countless future games.

You give out 6 scholarships and you get Moss who appears to be good, Williams who doesn't appear to be good and Wagner who's just OK. That's a bad class

Did we lose those ships or were we able to get other players with them? If players leave, that's not a bad thing, especially when your next class has Pemsl, Cook and Jbo in it. I'm still high on Williams and Wagner, neither of them have had enough playing time to be called "busts" or "just ok"

You give out 6 scholarships and you get Moss who appears to be good, Williams who doesn't appear to be good and Wagner who's just OK. That's a bad class

But if Moss ends up really good Wagner ends up pretty good, and Williams ends up just ok, it's a decent/good class. In this day of transfers, when you sign 6 players, odds are half of them will end up leaving.

Point being he recruited good enough. In fact, he recruited well enough for us to be a 1 seed. Then we tanked due to a few players that couldn't handle pressure their whole career. I honestly think Mike missing those free throws against ISU his sophomore year ruined him and cost us countless future games.

I honestly think teams continued to get better as the season went out and we peaked early because we didn't have the talent to compete at a high level at the end of the season. I don't think those players couldn't handle pressure, they won 6 straight the year before to end the season and then put a beat down on Davidson in the first round of the tournament. Kind of ruins that theory

Did we lose those ships or were we able to get other players with them? If players leave, that's not a bad thing, especially when your next class has Pemsl, Cook and Jbo in it. I'm still high on Williams and Wagner, neither of them have had enough playing time to be called "busts" or "just ok"

Why would you be high on Wagner and Williams? Honest question. I think Wagner is a player that can give you minutes and will be a great rebounder but he lacks size and struggles to finish around the rim and with Williams I'm not sure why anyone is high on him

But if Moss ends up really good Wagner ends up pretty good, and Williams ends up just ok, it's a decent/good class. In this day of transfers, when you sign 6 players, odds are half of them will end up leaving.

Usually teams don't sign 6 high school players in one class unless you're Kentucky

I honestly think teams continued to get better as the season went out and we peaked early because we didn't have the talent to compete at a high level at the end of the season. I don't think those players couldn't handle pressure, they won 6 straight the year before to end the season and then put a beat down on Davidson in the first round of the tournament. Kind of ruins that theory

They weren't feeling pressure that year because they were never in the spotlight. That year actually helps my theory. If there was pressure in a close game, they choked. If pressure mounted due to national spotlight, they choked.

They weren't feeling pressure that year because they were never in the spotlight. That year actually helps my theory. If there was pressure in a close game, they choked. If pressure mounted due to national spotlight, they choked.

I just think teams continued to get better and we were maxed out with what we had.

Usually teams don't sign 6 high school players in one class unless you're Kentucky

You don't need to hit on 6 players in a class in basketball - you need to hit on one and you're probably fringe top 25 - Fran's pretty much done that since he's got here "hit on at least one" - can it be better? Yes, of course, but I think he's more recent classes are going to be WAYYY better in the end than his first couple. Better caliber of athlete - he recruited them after Iowa was in a better place in the basketball world. Iowa is going to be good at basketball for the foreseeable future. Wagner has been playing much better as of late - he's shown a better game - he's getting comfortable. He's a freak athlete but was still a project - he hasn't played enough basketball to make any determinations. I love Williams because of his size - I think his leaning curve has been steeper because Fran is playing him out of position. I think that fact turns out to be a positive his Junior and Senior seasons.

You don't need to hit on 6 players in a class in basketball - you need to hit on one and you're probably fringe top 25 - Fran's pretty much done that since he's got here "hit on at least one" - can it be better? Yes, of course, but I think he's more recent classes are going to be WAYYY better in the end than his first couple. Better caliber of athlete - he recruited them after Iowa was in a better place in the basketball world. Iowa is going to be good at basketball for the foreseeable future. Wagner has been playing much better as of late - he's shown a better game - he's getting comfortable. He's a freak athlete but was still a project - he hasn't played enough basketball to make any determinations. I love Williams because of his size - I think his leaning curve has been steeper because Fran is playing him out of position. I think that fact turns out to be a positive his Junior and Senior seasons.

Williams playing out of position is exactly why I'm not high on him. He's not a PG, it's pretty obvious to see. He'd be much better playing on the wing

I just think teams continued to get better and we were maxed out with what we had.

We were definitely maxed - we found our first agreement of the day. Why is it so hard for you to conceive that the classes Fran is recruiting at Iowa during an NCAA tourney uptick are going to be a better finished product then what he piled together after taking over a cratered program?

Latest posts