Joe Wieskamp No. 25 in ESPN's New Top 60 for '18

Jok is averaging 24 ppg. I would like to know what our record would be this year if we had a PG that was serviceable defensively. I'd guess 8-2

One guy on defense out of 5 is that big of difference huh? He must be really good at defending the rim when the other guys get burned huh? He must also be great at preventing offensive rebounds too.

It was an upset. And we lost 3 close games to really good teams with our All American in a slump. Weird how that can work without having to come up with some bs reason like teams got better or they figured us out.

I never said teams figured us out. I think we peaked early and were maxed out on talent. Look, Mike and Sapp played 30 mpg and you don't think they were that talented. Our best player didn't even make the league and isn't doing much in the D League and everyone thought Woodbury was average at best. We didn't have the talent to be a #1 seed

One guy on defense out of 5 is that big of difference huh? He must be really good at defending the rim when the other guys get burned huh? He must also be great at preventing offensive rebounds too.

Replacing your worst defensive player with a serviceable one would make a huge difference yes

I never said teams figured us out. I think we peaked early and were maxed out on talent. Look, Mike and Sapp played 30 mpg and you don't think they were that talented. Our best player didn't even make the league and isn't doing much in the D League and everyone thought Woodbury was average at best. We didn't have the talent to be a #1 seed
Do you really think it is that easy to make the NBA?

They seem to be teams you like and follow. Both have played complete and total cupcake schedules, that Iowa could have slept walked through as well.

You realize our SOS isn't very good right? Memphis and Omaha are bad and we lost to both, one of them at home. Seton Hall and ISU are bubble teams and we split with them at home which is probably expected. Got blown out by Virginia and lost somewhat competitively at Notre Dame which was expected as well. Last I looked I think our SOS was hovering around 100

You realize our SOS isn't very good right? Memphis and Omaha are bad and we lost to both, one of them at home. Seton Hall and ISU are bubble teams and we split with them at home which is probably expected. Got blown out by Virginia and lost somewhat competitively at Notre Dame which was expected as well. Last I looked I think our SOS was hovering around 100

We have played 5 top 100 RPI teams. and 5 teams with a sub 100 RPI. Cal has played 2 top 100 RPI teams and 8 sub 148 RPI teams.

We had 2 really good players and a good coach that makes the sum of the team better than it's parts. I agree we didn't have 1 seed talent, but if Uthoff could have continued his play for 8 more games or Gesell could have become the player he was capable of, we would have been a 1 seed.

We had 2 really good players and a good coach that makes the sum of the team better than it's parts. I agree we didn't have 1 seed talent, but if Uthoff could have continued his play for 8 more games or Gesell could have become the player he was capable of, we would have been a 1 seed.

But they maxed out their talent early

There were 4 senior starters. Of course they were pretty much done improving 3 and 2/3 through their careers. They didn't need to improve tho. They needed to not start playing worse.

They needed to improve because every other team was out their improving

They needed to improve because every other team was out their improving

Indiana and Wisconsin maybe, but the other opponents never came close to how we were playing early in the year. I would say us at our best last year was better than any other team at their best.

Truth is, last year Iowa, indiana, Purdue, MSU, and Wisconsin were all about the same. We won 4 50/50 games in a row which was a good run. Then we lost 3 50/50 games, got a mild upset to OSU, and got a bad upset against Penn State. If all that happens over the course of 2 months, no one thinks anything of it. But since it was all so close together, and happened to be at the end of the year, people go crazy. Well it wasn't crazy when we won 4 50/50 games in a row so it shouldn't have been a big deal when we had some losses.

Latest posts