Jarrod Uthoff

Re: Ban Bo

The "smoke" coming out of that situation says tampering.

I think your reaching here.

More of a case of not allowing kids to transfer too close to home because it sets a precedent and makes it too easy for the next kid to ask to do the same thing.

Also believe that Ryan is not happy with ISU hitting his back yard hard for recruits. Uthoff might help ISU to continue to win, and that makes them more attractive to kid's he wants to keep in state.

Tough business, don't agree with the way Ryan is handling it, but understand why he is doing it.

IF Brust is allowed to leave Iowa and play for Wisconsin... why wouldn't Uthoff be allowed to leave Wisconsin and play for Iowa? This is why the Big Ten shouldn't have started this with Wisconsin.

****, the more Bo adds to the list the more he comes off as a spiteful vindictive bit ch and the more likely the appeal is granted.

Wow what a bitter old hag. I see what he's doing.

By flaming Uthoff like this he's basically laying down the gauntlet to every other current and future Badger. You commit to us, you play for us. If you're good and you want to transfer, you're not going anywhere that can bite me, you're not going to the other power in the state, and you're basically not going anywhere you want to go.

IF Brust is allowed to leave Iowa and play for Wisconsin... why wouldn't Uthoff be allowed to leave Wisconsin and play for Iowa? This is why the Big Ten shouldn't have started this with Wisconsin.

While I think Iowa got a raw deal in the Brust case, these situations are not the same.

Uthoff got a free year of education at Wisky and practiced with the team for an entire year. Brust never even set foot on campus as an official University of Iowa student.

Dont get me wrong, I would love to see Uthoff get the restrictions lifted and become a Hawk if Fran wants him. I just dont see it happening.

I don't see how the coaches should be allowed to restrict kids from transferring to schools outside their conference.

As I've said multiple times, the situations are not remotely similar. On the one hand, you have Brust who has never played a game for us, learned our playbook, gotten to know the players on our team and their strengths and weaknesses. On the other hand, Uthoff has practiced with the team for a full year, according to Bo he has picked up the playbook (both offense and defense) as fast as anyone who has played for him, has gotten to see the players and what they can do and what they can't do. No way Bo let's him play for a conference rival.

The entire ACC was tampering, obviously. Wait, only Fred would stoop to that.

This is about Bo, not anyone else.

First off, the Brust and Uthoff situations aren't even remotely similar. Brust had never set foot on campus, hadn't seen our playbook, hadn't run our offense or defense, didn't know each player's strengths and weaknesses, etc. Uthoff knows all those things. Bo's primary concern is his team and the players that want to be there. Frankly, I would put the same restrictions he has.

Second, the ISU restriction smells of "tampering" from the standpoint that Bo probably has reason to believe that ISU (and others) were tampering with Uthoff before his final decision came out to transfer. If he has any inkling, then you put on those restrictions and don't blame him for doing so.

I can't stand Bo. He's a jagaloon on the sidelines and damn near ruins the game of basketball with his style of play. However, he's the winningest coach in the history of the Big 10 and his teams have never finished worse than 4th in any year he has been there. Means the guy knows a thing or two about how to run a team.

That's a bit of stretch. If that's the case, did Marquette tamper too? Did all the ACC schools tamper too?

Just an odd deal that makes Bo Ryan look like an a-hole.

The only one I really dont get is ISU. Marquette is an in-state school and I would hope Fran would put the Clones on the restricted list if one of his guys wanted to transfer.

ACC may be a bit of a stretch, but if Bo is really trying to ensure that Uthoff never goes up against the Badgers then Bo has to ban the entire ACC because he has no idea who they will be matched up against in the B1G/ACC challenge until a few months before the game.

Latest posts