Jarrod Uthoff

Re:Ban Bo

Bo's reputation has been tarnished after that article that came out against Wisconsin's style of play, don't know why recruit would want to play peach basketball up in Wisconsin

I've been hearing a lot rumors that the coaching staff over in Ames is being naughty on the recruiting trail. Will ISU fire their legend if they are caught by the NCAA?

I've been hearing a lot rumors that the coaching staff over in Ames is being naughty on the recruiting trail. Will ISU fire their legend if they are caught by the NCAA?

Details? Also maybe start a thread on this over in the Rivalry Forum.

so yer saying the mayor tampered with ulthoff prior to his release and that's why Bo says no ISU.

I heard this too, but I also heard that certain members of our staff had a hand in the pot with Uthoff as well, so take it fwiw.

There wasn't tampering. Bo is mad b/c it looks like Iowa State may steal Matt Thomas out of Wisconsin away from Bo. It's really odd. I'm a big Bo Ryan fan but this seems odd.

There wasn't tampering. Bo is mad b/c it looks like Iowa State may steal Matt Thomas out of Wisconsin away from Bo. It's really odd. I'm a big Bo Ryan fan but this seems odd.

LOL

Keep telling yourself that. In the mean time, can you name one other coach or situation that punishes one kid, for the decision of another?

Damn fool!!!

LOL

Keep telling yourself that. In the mean time, can you name one other coach or situation that punishes one kid, for the decision of another?

Damn fool!!!

Why would Iowa State tamper to get Uthoff. Think about that for a second.

I'm not sure on the Thomas thing, I'm just going off rumors I've heard as possibilities. Who knows?

Re: Ban Bo

First off, the Brust and Uthoff situations aren't even remotely similar. Brust had never set foot on campus, hadn't seen our playbook, hadn't run our offense or defense, didn't know each player's strengths and weaknesses, etc. Uthoff knows all those things. Bo's primary concern is his team and the players that want to be there. Frankly, I would put the same restrictions he has.

Second, the ISU restriction smells of "tampering" from the standpoint that Bo probably has reason to believe that ISU (and others) were tampering with Uthoff before his final decision came out to transfer. If he has any inkling, then you put on those restrictions and don't blame him for doing so.

I can't stand Bo. He's a jagaloon on the sidelines and damn near ruins the game of basketball with his style of play. However, he's the winningest coach in the history of the Big 10 and his teams have never finished worse than 4th in any year he has been there. Means the guy knows a thing or two about how to run a team.

Bo Ryan, Wisky and the NCAA SUCK!!

This is just another example of controlling and exploiting young "student-athletes" such as Uthoff and not allowing him freedom and the chance to change his mind.

If Bo or Barry decided to change locations... ie schools/jobs would they have to sit out a year or pay their own way? Of course not. It's un American.

Mark my words.. the times they are a changing.... and soon enough this sort of BS perpetrated on the "student-athlete" will be history.

This... Why no isu? Is he just screwing with Uthoff and forcing him to go to a mid major if he wants to go local?

Also confused on this. Is there any reason to do that other than out of spite?

Comes off as a real nice kid in the interview.

Last edited:

If say school X was tampering with a kid prior to him asking for a release. However the kid had been contemplating transfering for weeks. The kid doesn't accept the advances of the school X and goes to school Y. I would hope the kid would come forward and rat out the cheating coaches. I bet that crap goes on and it's just swept up under the rug cause the kids like the attention. If this kid did decide to come to Iowa this yr it'd be a good thing. Iowa would still have that Scholly open and if this kid (parents) are paying his way for a yr then that must mean he really wants to be there.

this is just like the no-compete contracts that people have in business all the time. i find no fault in bo whether i like him or not on this. the kid has an appeal process he can go through if he believes it is wrong how bo is conducting this. no one can compare this to brust as brust was just an loi. this is like when cully payne left. i dont know the restrictions that were on him but i am sure there were some.

Latest posts