isu player arrested

Embarrassing day for BDJ but the next biggest embarrassment may be the university of Iowa athletic department. Transfer U actually holds players out of games when they screw up.

I know you're just trolling but I'm trying to figure out what you're referring to? Peter Jok? He was suspended indefinitely from the team following his driving without a license. He didn't miss games because it happened in July...basically the middle of the offseason. Zach McCabe got into a fight, but his playing career was already over...shame on Fran for not suspending him? Oglesby got a public intox....oh my god, someone alert Rickers Island!

BDJ was given a LOT of leeway to clean-up his act. It sounds like the cops had been called on him upwards of 15+ times for noise violations. Then he was sat down with the police AND his coach and told to knock it off and he still hasn't...so he's being suspended for one game. Its the right move.

Embarrassing day for BDJ but the next biggest embarrassment may be the university of Iowa athletic department. Transfer U actually holds players out of games when they screw up.

Since Freddy sat down with the BDJ, the cops and the neighbor, he has to do something, or he is gonna look like a b!tch to BDJ and his team. To let your player just flat out ignore what you tell him to do and then do NOTHING about that would send a very bad message. This is coming from Da Mayor not the athletic dept. there is nothing here for an athletic dept to discipline.

The guy is a thug. I can't imagine how bad it must be for those people on the other side of the wall and down the hallway...

I know you're just trolling but I'm trying to figure out what you're referring to? Peter Jok? He was suspended indefinitely from the team following his driving without a license. He didn't miss games because it happened in July...basically the middle of the offseason. Zach McCabe got into a fight, but his playing career was already over...shame on Fran for not suspending him? Oglesby got a public intox....oh my god, someone alert Rickers Island!

BDJ was given a LOT of leeway to clean-up his act. It sounds like the cops had been called on him upwards of 15+ times for noise violations. Then he was sat down with the police AND his coach and told to knock it off and he still hasn't...so he's being suspended for one game. Its the right move.

OWI is a serious offense that can kill someone. Iowa's answer to that offense is no missed games. ISU has 2 players get OWI's during the off season and they were out 3 games.

In in addition after the OWI he rides without a license and spends time in jail but that's still not enough to miss any games. I wonder what it would take to miss a game at Iowa?

I agree it's the right move by the Mayor.

Last edited:
It won't stop anyone here from proclaiming that's the reason though, will it?

You don't think some procedural screw-up by the Ames PD is a little bit more likely than Hoiberg's far-reaching tendrils pulling strings at the Story County courthouse and getting charges thrown out? I'm sure it's fun to believe that, but hardly realistic.

The judge that was so quick to throw out charges has a funny little track record. Did the same thing for Jason Berryman, Jared Homan, and Kenny Pratt.

I'm sure Jok would have been devistated to have to sit out the Hampton game.

What difference does it make how Jok would feel. By not punishing him for multiple infractions it tells every athlete that you won't be suspended for serious offenses.

OWI is a serious offense that can kill someone. Iowa's answer to that offense is no missed games. ISU has 2 players get OWI's during the off season and they were out 3 games.

In in addition after the OWI he rides without a license and spends time in jail but that's still not enough to miss any games. I wonder what it would take to miss a game at Iowa?

I agree it's the right move by the Mayor.

Let's not act all high and mighty here...Nader and Thomas missed an EXHIBITION game and games against Oakland and Georgia State. If you think Fred didn't know what he was doing there and that they would be active for their tournament games in KC against Alabama and Maryland then you would be fooling yourself

Jok's indefinite suspension led some of us to believe he was done at Iowa. He was suspended from all activity from July 15th until August 26th in which he was barred from all workouts and activities. During that time he took summer classes and engaged in community service projects. If it straightens the kid out, great, if not, then take further action. I happened to believe it was the proper action by Fran.

Not that it really matters, but I'd like to see your statistics on how many OWI fatalities have been caused by a person driving a moped

About 40% of ISU’s rotation has been arrested since this summer. #Whosnext

Also, will Nader be punished for smoking weed at BDJ’s crib? One would think he’d be on a short leash.

There are no statistics on moped deaths caused by drunk driving but I can promise you that more people die from it than disturbing the piece.

There are no statistics on moped deaths caused by drunk driving but I can promise you that more people die from it than disturbing the piece.

The point you're completely ignoring is that you tried to argue that Iowa doesn't suspend their players while ISU is this great institution of justice that hands out punishments even for minor noise violations...which clearly isn't the case here. BDJ is a transfer...3 schools in 4 years...who has shown up in Ames and basically shunned his neighbors...who are fellow students...and has practically spit in the face of his coach and the Ames PD. That is why he was suspended, and he deserved it.

I'd take that bet all day long. It's pretty common for disturbing the PEACE incidents like this one to end with someone pulling a gun or some other type of weapon. Show me a single incident of a drunk moped driver causing the death of another person.

BTW... unless someone was interrupted during sex I don't think anyone was disturbing the PIECE...

So the real question for tomorrow is, who do you think Fred and convicted drunk driver Cornell Mann will pick to replace drug house owner BDJ in the starting lineup? Will it be convicted drunk driver Abdel Nader or convicted drunk driver Natty Ice Thomas? Thank god they take a bus to and from the arena, I wouldn't trust any of those guys on our roads.

What difference does it make how Jok would feel. By not punishing him for multiple infractions it tells every athlete that you won't be suspended for serious offenses.

You missed the point. Making Jok sit out for the Hampton game would not have been punishment. Baning him from the team for a month was way worse than missing that 1 pointless game.