isu player arrested

It won't stop anyone here from proclaiming that's the reason though, will it?You don't think some procedural screw-up by the Ames PD is a little bit more likely than Hoiberg's far-reaching tendrils pulling strings at the Story County courthouse and getting charges thrown out? I'm sure it's fun to believe that, but hardly realistic.
You should read some sources too instead of blaming the cops automatically.

If the wrestler/neighbor would have thrown him a good beating, this would have been solved without the police and he would be playing tomorrow night. Probably have a fat lip and/or a black eye to show for it but he'd still be playing.

The neighbor should have whipped his ***. Is that not plain enough? If I had to call in a dozen complaints because of that ***-hole and nothing was done....I'd whip his ***. The police only get so many chances to straighten this Clown out. Then I'll straighten him out myself.
Escalating things to assault charges would certainly have resolved everything. Brilliant plan. I'm sure you would have beat the **** out of a 6'6" 210lb athlete. Tough internet tough guy is tough.

Escalating things to assault charges would certainly have resolved everything. Brilliant plan. I'm sure you would have beat the **** out of a 6'6" 210lb athlete. Tough internet tough guy is tough.
Yeah.....I have the golden gloves titles to back me up. And I'm in the same weight class that he is, so I've got that going for me. Which is nice. I'm all for being civil but there comes a point in time where the only thing a knuckle head like that understands is a good beating.

What sucks is this kind of makes tomorrow's game a lose-lose for Iowa fans. If Iowa wins its because ISU didn't have their best guard, if Iowa loses its "LOL U GUYZ CUDNT EVIN BEAT UZ WIDOUT OUR BEST GUARD LMAO!!!!!1111"

A win will look great on the resume either way though so thats all that really matters.

Fair move by Hoiberg. Better to reign a player in for the long haul than not suspend him and have him learn no lesson.

How does BDJ lean anything by a 1 game suspension? Obviously he has learned NOTHING after being visited by the police 5 times, been hauled into a meeting with the neighbor and his coach in which he was told to knock it off. Why would he change any behavior at all, he thumbs his nose at everyone including his head coach.

Karma's a b****.
Don't be a dick to people who prepare your food or you share walls with.

It really just comes down to common sense. If your neighbor has a problem with you and has brought the authorities into it, you might want to change your behavior. Then when your coach has to beg the neighbors / cops to work with him to keep you in line, it becomes clear this will not end well for isu. I fully expect this suspension to lead to dismissal or quitting.

How does BDJ lean anything by a 1 game suspension? Obviously he has learned NOTHING after being visited by the police 5 times, been hauled into a meeting with the neighbor and his coach in which he was told to knock it off. Why would he change any behavior at all, he thumbs his nose at everyone including his head coach.

BDJ is a punk. These inside stories really shed a lot of light on exactly the kind of person he is. One game suspension isn't going to change someone like that. He's a punk and he'll continue to be one. Gonna be fun watching him get heckled tomorrow night. Sounds like he will be traveling with the team.

This is what I just said. I don't see this ending well for Freddy until BDJ is a long way from Ames

I think Fred knows what kind of idiot he's dealing with. I don't care one way or the other how Fred deals with his players. 1 game or no games. It's his program and he gets to deal with it.

I would surmise that he "respects" his coach (fear what his coach can do to his career); not cops or his neighbors.

And parenting 101: take away what your kid loves to bring about proper behavior.

Now I am with you; I am skeptical thst one game makes a difference. But v. Iowa is a big game so peer pressure from his team mates may trump peer pressure from his pot possee.

Again. I doubt it.

I had to laugh while watching the press conference. One of the ISU players kept referring to the incident as "wrong place, wrong time" for Bryce Desean-Jones....ITS HIS F*CKING HOUSE! There is no wrong place wrong time WHEN YOU LIVE THERE.

Hilarious

It's like Aaron Hernandez somehow no matter where he goes, he keeps ending up with the wrong crowd, that's just some tough luck some guys have.

I would surmise that he "respects" his coach (fear what his coach can do to his career); not cops or his neighbors.

And parenting 101: take away what your kid loves to bring about proper behavior.

Now I am with you; I am skeptical thst one game makes a difference. But v. Iowa is a big game so peer pressure from his team mates may trump peer pressure from his pot possee.

Again. I doubt it.

Kids does not care, period. He has left two other programs, he does what he does, he is who he is, and then he moves on. Why should he respect Da Mayor? The kid got sat down with police and Da Mayor, and he still doesn't change his behavior.....you think he is gonna change cause he misses a game? I personally doubt it, and the fact that the police were back there again after Freddy sat down with him is a big FU to his coach. Don't get me wrong, it is Da Mayors problem he can handle it how he want (suspension, no suspension), it will make no difference though.

Embarrassing day for BDJ but the next biggest embarrassment may be the university of Iowa athletic department. Transfer U actually holds players out of games when they screw up.