ISU/Iowa thoughts

This is not a good UNI team. The clowns had lost their 2 previous games against fcs teams. The 2014 UNI team would beat this clown team. Illinois State is the best FCS team in the country. They would beat the clowns just like NDSU did last year. Iowa is 2 levels above the clowns.

sometimes you just try TOO hard.

I watched, and ISU was just not impressive at all. No drives over 55 yds, 9 drives of 5 plays or less. Out gained UNI 310-302 is all. Really the game came down to field position. If UNI and ISU swapped punters then UNI flips the field position and is in that game.

Did you happen to notice the 2 lost fumbles, the two missed field goals, and the 31-7 score?

Ugly rugby punting, short fields, down year for UNI. Iowa would have been able to beat UNI 77-0. Iowa took it 99 yards a against a much better Illinois State team. Saturday does not change the fact that the clowns stink!

This is not a good UNI team. The clowns had lost their 2 previous games against fcs teams. The 2014 UNI team would beat this clown team. Illinois State is the best FCS team in the country. They would beat the clowns just like NDSU did last year. Iowa is 2 levels above the clowns.

Sorry, even though N Dakota St lost to Montana on the road on the final play of the game, I'd say they are still the team to beat in the FCS. You put them at home or a neutral field and they would beat Montana and Ill St easily.

Illinois State took NDSU to the final play of the game too. Plus they have most of their best players back from last year. They are at least equal to NDSU, and well ahead of UNI.

If the clowns run that 3-4 against us it will be a long day for them.

+1000. But they aren't going to change now, are they? that being said, teams that have run the 3-4 against us (zone scheme)have done well in doing so - but i doubt the clownz have the talent to really pull it off, do they? i assume they changed due to lack of DL?

If the clowns run that 3-4 against us it will be a long day for them.
Agree. Even NFL teams have a tough time running a 3-4 unless they have an incredible nose guard that can plug up the middle. Clowns don't have that. I could see them going back to a more traditional 4-3 on Saturday.

Did you happen to notice the 2 lost fumbles, the two missed field goals, and the 31-7 score?

Yeah I saw that. I also saw UNI's terrible, terrible punter give up field position on every punt, and ISU return one for a 81 yd TD. I also saw a UNI Interception lead to 7 pts for ISU. I also saw one of the missed FG only come because UNI fumbled the ball and ISU lost 3 yards and then had to kick a FG which they missed.

I mean you wanna cry about ISU's TO, but you don't want to point out the only reason ISU even scored, is because they were given gifts on a silver platter. I mean TD drives that were 38, 43, & 23 yards.......LOL.....a punt return for a TD, and a FG on a 20 yard drive. Talk about gifts!

Yeah I saw that. I also saw UNI's terrible, terrible punter give up field position on every punt, and ISU return one for a 81 yd TD. I also saw a UNI Interception lead to 7 pts for ISU. I also saw one of the missed FG only come because UNI fumbled the ball and ISU lost 3 yards and then had to kick a FG which they missed.

I mean you wanna cry about ISU's TO, but you don't want to point out the only reason ISU even scored, is because they were given gifts on a silver platter. I mean TD drives that were 38, 43, & 23 yards.......LOL.....a punt return for a TD, and a FG on a 20 yard drive. Talk about gifts!

Lol I love this post!

+1000

Lol I love this post!

If I'm a Clownie fan, sure I'm happy as a clam that ISU won easily finally over a FCS team. I would be very concerned that the FCS school had just as many yards, and if you swapped punters for that game, UNI has a very good shot at winning that game. ISU had 193 punt return yards in the game compared to 0 punt return yards for UNI. The UNI punter was awful. He punted low line drives, and ISU returned them to the tune of 193 yards, and that is why they dominated field position and why they won the game.

If I'm a Clownie fan, sure I'm happy as a clam that ISU won easily finally over a FCS team. I would be very concerned that the FCS school had just as many yards, and if you swapped punters for that game, UNI has a very good shot at winning that game. ISU had 193 punt return yards in the game compared to 0 punt return yards for UNI. The UNI punter was awful. He punted low line drives, and ISU returned them to the tune of 193 yards, and that is why they dominated field position and why they won the game.

A win this week and Clone fans will already have a successful season, they don't care what happens in the B12 as long as they get this win. Rhoads knows as long as he wins this week, he will be in no danger of losing his job even if he has another 0fer B12 season.

Is this a serious post?

Is this a serious post?

Yes, did you watch the game? If ISU had 0 Punt return yards, and UNI had 193 punt return yards, you don't think that would have affected a game where neither team really mounted a sustained drive? Field position in that game determined the winner.

ISU started drives at UNI's 42, 38, 20, & 26 yard line in the first half alone. Then in the second half the started at UNI's 43, 49, 23, and returned a punt for a TD. They started 7 drives in UNI territory and could only muster 24 points.....that is concerning.....well unless you are a Clownie and don't really understand football.

A win this week and Clone fans will already have a successful season, they don't care what happens in the B12 as long as they get this win. Rhoads knows as long as he wins this week, he will be in no danger of losing his job even if he has another 0fer B12 season.

Many ISU fans called the last two seasons trainwrecks and are calling for Rhoads to be fired. Honestly the UNI game win was more important than any win over Iowa, considering the last two years' losses to FCS teams.

Whether he'll be fired or not is due to his buyout and being buddies with Pollard.

Do you think ISU fans were happy with last season?

The point is the Clones game against UNI wasn't near as one sided as it appears based upon the score.

The game shouldn't have been that close at all. It just seems that Clownies don't get WHY they should have scored more. They should have scored more because of the lopsided advantage in the punting game, and the field position game. It wasn't like they dominated them on offense, as those numbers were nearly identical. Heck the Clowns couldn't take advantage of short fields as it was, why do they think if they didn't dominate the punting game that they would have sustained drives of even longer yardage????

Latest posts