ISU/Iowa thoughts

Derp. I expect this sort of crap out of the rest of Clownie nation, but you are usually better than that. UNI, Toledo (I don't care if they upset Bret), Kansas and Tech are absolute Wins on the schedule. You should win those for sure. Iowa is also better than K-State, WVU, Texas, and Okie St. this year. If not better, at least as good. I'll give you Oklahoma, Baylor and TCU, but that is it for absolutely 99.9% for sure better than Iowa.

The Big12 is pretty crappy this year, it is what it is. I'm not saying the B1G is world beaters, but they certainly are ever bit as strong as the Big12

Toledo is a 6.5 point favorite this weekend. TT can score points, WVU, and OSU lite can score points, and Rhoads has never beaten KSU and it's a tall order to do that on the road.

I never said a thing about Iowa's schedule. I would expect ISU to lose any road game against a team with a pulse, and any team that can score 30 ppg overall. That's pretty much the remaining schedule minus UT and KU who I think are worse than Iowa.

Toledo is a 6.5 point favorite this weekend. TT can score points, WVU, and OSU lite can score points, and Rhoads has never beaten KSU and it's a tall order to do that on the road.

I never said a thing about Iowa's schedule. I would expect ISU to lose any road game against a team with a pulse, and any team that can score 30 ppg overall. That's pretty much the remaining schedule minus UT and KU who I think are worse than Iowa.

LOL Bryce. Did CyTwins hack your account over here, because you sound sh!t azz crazy. You sound just like the dipsh!ts on Clownfantasies, they must be melting your brain with their stupidity. There isn't a chance in the world that UNI, Kansas and Tech are better, Texas sucks azz, Toledo (one upset doesn't mean they are great). K-State is without it's QB, and them along with Okie St. and WVU haven't played a P5 team yet.

I think even you realize that Iowa sits right in with WVU, K-State, and Okie St. All of those teams and Iowa are easily and clearly above UNI, Toledo, Kansas, Texas, & Texas Tech. Might as well flip a coin to say if Iowa is the 4th to 7th toughest.

Last edited:
As Hawks we don't complain about our schedule. We play who they put in front of us. Quit with the schedule crap, be a man, rise up as paw says. The big 12s mighty tcu beat the goofers by six so if you were competitors instead of whiners you would go out and get wins.

LOL Bryce. Did CyTwins hack your account over here, because you sound sh!t azz crazy. You sound just like the dipsh!ts on Clownfantasies, they must be melting your brain with their stupidity. There isn't a chance in the world that UNI, Kansas and Tech are better, Texas sucks azz, Toledo (one upset doesn't mean they are great). K-State is without it's QB, and them along with Okie St. and WVU haven't played a P5 team yet.

I think even you realize that Iowa sits right in with WVU, K-State, and Okie St. All of those teams and Iowa are easily and clearly above UNI, Toledo, Kansas, Texas, & Texas Tech. Might as well flip a coin to say if Iowa is the 4th to 7th toughest.

I would say that Iowa is at least on par with most of the teams left on the schedule. However, it is a rivalry game.

I think you are totally misunderstanding me.

Iowa is better and likely much better than KU, TT, UNI, UT and Toledo. In the same tier as WVU, KSU, and OSU.

HOWEVER, it is a rivalry game that has been a back and forth series. It was a home game. Toledo is a pretty heavy favorite right now and is on the road. TT is on the road. KSU is on the road. BU, OU, TCU, basically auto losses. I see KU as a win and maybe UT, because this team struggles so much on offense I can't see them beating a team with a good offense.

I'm done with ISU. Got that monkey off our backs on to Pitt. I'm pretty darn pleased that the offense under CJ has been able to move the ball well so far. Hope that Daniels is back at 100% cause I don't like the idea of pounding Canzeri like that week in and week out. I was really happy with half time adjustments on defense. Regardless of what some Hawk fans think ISUs receiving corp is pretty good and our guys stood up to that challenge. I was really nervous when I saw #15 in there defending Lazard multiple snaps on 3rd downs. That didn't seem like a smart strategy but other then one play or so it didn't hurt us. So here's to getting healthy and on to Pitt!!!

Dean you know ISU fans love their SOS, while fans of most programs may dream about their team winning a conference title or making the playoff, ISU fans dream about how tough of a schedule they can play, and winning any games only hurts their SOS rankings. They're probably regretting their win over UNI right about now.

Iowa did what they should have done to the clowns the entire 2nd half. The defense kept the clowns from doing much of anything, 66 yards? The offense did what they needed to outside of the fumble. I want to watch the replay of the 2nd half on continues loop!

Listening to some of the Hawk game analysis today and I'm surprised that people think that ISU dominated the first half?? I think ISU had about 250 yards of total offense to Iowa's 240ish and ISU was up 17-10

Now what is REAL DOMINATION is running up 230 yards of total offense compared to 66 yards for your opponent, and outscoring your them 21-0. Now that is dominating your opponent in a half of play.

Oh what a typical B12 fan. Notice how all we're hearing out of you is "they can score points"? When does defense come into the equation Bryce? Get your head outta the sand. You're usually more sensible than this. Maybe you're still butthurt. Might be a little too early for you to return to rationality.

TT gave up 45 pts to Sam Houston. None of the teams you're claiming are on par with or better than Iowa have played anybody with a pulse.

Last edited:
Listening to some of the Hawk game analysis today and I'm surprised that people think that ISU dominated the first half?? I think ISU had about 250 yards of total offense to Iowa's 240ish and ISU was up 17-10

Now what is REAL DOMINATION is running up 230 yards of total offense compared to 66 yards for your opponent, and outscoring your them 21-0. Now that is dominating your opponent in a half of play.

Ha it's the same with people's opinions of the overall series since Ferentz has been here. It's close so Iowa fans think we are getting dominated and ISU fans think they are dominating. Close stats in a close game and to Hawks it feels like we're getting killed. ISU fans thinking they're killing us. Lol.

I liked all the talk coming into the season, Paul Rhoads and cyfans proclaiming they've built an incredible offensive line. Stop me if you've heard this before. The line is opening huge holes that's getting them 70 yards rushing per game. The latest rant at cyfan is they need to build their team with juco's. Since Bill Snyder did it at K-State. Here's a tip cyfans, Bill Snyder can coach and develop players

Oh what a typical B12 fan. Notice how all we're hearing out of you is "they can score points"? When does defense come into the equation Bryce? Get your head outta the sand. You're usually more sensible than this. Maybe you're still butthurt. Might be a little too early for you to return to rationality.

TT gave up 45 pts to Sam Houston. None of the teams you're claiming are on par with or better than Iowa have played anybody with a pulse.

I never said TT is good. In fact they are bad. I have zero confidence in ISU outscoring them on the road, that is my point.

I never said TT is good. In fact they are bad. I have zero confidence in ISU outscoring them on the road, that is my point.

Your point was that Iowa still is one of the easiest games on your schedule and that's complete hogwash. Iowa plays defense. Something half the teams on your schedule either can't relate to or haven't had a legit opportunity to prove it.

I guess I am the Lone Ranger in this. I think ISU will struggle. The lack of a running game is a killer. And Richardson can't compensate for that with his arm or his legs. Also, like most years lack of depth will factor in at some point.

I guess I am the Lone Ranger in this. I think ISU will struggle. The lack of a running game is a killer. And Richardson can't compensate for that with his arm or his legs. Also, like most years lack of depth will factor in at some point.

It already is. Without Tucker in the middle on defense they are screwed. Especially after Cousins left the team. They better hope Tucker is okay or they really don't have a shot to get past 3 wins in my opinion. Plus the lack of depth at QB, RB and OL is already painfully obvious. They have a total of 140 yards rushing in two games. Sam Richardson is exactly what his record says he is... a sub-par QB who has 1 win as a starter in his entire career. The fact he is their only option at this point in Rhoads tenure is shocking. Rhoads and his entire staff should be fired immediately. The fact he hasn't been is hilarious to me.

Latest posts