ISU #4 in Preseason Polls?

I hate to derail this thread, but does anyone have a good reason why they think ISU would be a top 5 team. Given the incoming talent at other schools and the unknown recruits that ISU might get. How can anyone believe them to be top 5?

Duke, MSU, KU, UK, and Virigina are all better than ISU. If I throw in Maryland, UNC, Villanova, Arizona and LSU they are not even a top 10 team. There are plenty of other teams that could easily be ahead of ISU that are in their range and I'm not even including the obvious troll of UAB being a better team.

Its pretty silly to think ISU will be a top five team. It would be pretty silly to think ISU would end up a top twenty-five team. They have to many variables that can go against them next year. If they did recruit a couple of quality inside guys for next year they would be a lot tougher.

I'll bet you $100 ISU doesn't END UP in the top 5 next year.

You should go back and read the thread. I haven't said they will. I certainly hope they do, and I would think there is a chance with a perfect Final Four run. But that's not what Mikey and I are talking about. We are talking about who gets to the EE first, B12 or the MAAC. He's the one running his mouth, I'm just calling him out on it.

You should go back and read the thread. I haven't said they will. I certainly hope they do, and I would think there is a chance with a perfect Final Four run. But that's not what Mikey and I are talking about. We are talking about who gets to the EE first, B12 or the MAAC. He's the one running his mouth, I'm just calling him out on it.

Well the thread is about them being preseason ranked #4 and I see all sorts of Cyclone fans on CryFan making fun of us Hawk fans here on HN for acting like that's hilarious and calling them overanked (yet again). If you don't think they are a top 5 team then say so. I sure as hell don't think they are. They may climb to that point early in the season but I absolutely don't believe they are capable of finishing at that level. I think they are in the 10-20 range. Not enough rebounding or defense to be a legit top 5, and certainly not enough mental toughness. I'm guessing their mental toughness will improve because of their embarrassing end to last season, but I don't expect any improvement in defense or on the glass.

Name the time and place, let's square up.

Absolute gold. I love it. It was pretty obvious I was referring to the bet you seem to be avoiding, but it's interesting that you have so quickly jumped to "let's meet up so I can beat your ***". I guess if you can't win an argument using your words, you can always use your fists. Very trailer trash-esque.

Absolute gold. I love it. It was pretty obvious I was referring to the bet you seem to be avoiding, but it's interesting that you have so quickly jumped to "let's meet up so I can beat your ***". I guess if you can't win an argument using your words, you can always use your fists. Very trailer trash-esque.

Lol check out this keyboard warrior, we all know you'd be too much of a ***** to say anything to my face.

Oh c'mon Dean. Just because he's one of yours and I'm not doesn't mean you need to defend him. Aside from the fast food and trailer trash quips, I think I've been pretty reasonable. The dude has anger issues.

Edit: I will leave it like this: Mike, if you are interested in betting still, I'm sure we can figure something out. If not, I guess the conversation is over.

Last edited:
Its pretty silly to think ISU will be a top five team. It would be pretty silly to think ISU would end up a top twenty-five team. They have to many variables that can go against them next year. If they did recruit a couple of quality inside guys for next year they would be a lot tougher.

I agree that ISU isn't a top 5 team but this statement is asinine. They may not end up in the top 25 but it's far from silly to think they will. I'll never post here again of they don't since I know you won't take a physical bet.

Oh c'mon Dean. Just because he's one of yours and I'm not doesn't mean you need to defend him. Aside from the fast food and trailer trash quips, I think I've been pretty reasonable. The dude has anger issues.

Edit: I will leave it like this: Mike, if you are interested in betting still, I'm sure we can figure something out. If not, I guess the conversation is over.

Work on your trolling skills and then come back with another user name. You're pathetic.

Similar to Iowa, ISU has major depth concerns in the frontcourt. Bielfeldt would be their worst transfer under Fred - I genuinely thought he was one of the freshmen. This isn’t meant to troll but he isn’t a guy you want on the floor if you’re trying to compete for a p5 conf title.

Similar to Iowa, ISU has major depth concerns in the frontcourt. Bielfeldt would be their worst transfer under Fred - I genuinely thought he was one of the freshmen. This isn’t meant to troll but he isn’t a guy you want on the floor if you’re trying to compete for a p5 conf title.

This is what Fran had to say about the front court per the Des Moines Register.

Many expected McCaffery to sign a backup center with his last scholarship. He opted for Jones instead.

"We looked at some," McCaffery said. "We decided to go with the best player available. If you get locked into getting a position, you miss on an opportunity."

A backup post is not necessary, McCaffery said, "if you're long. You give up two inches here, but you can make up two inches at another position."

When Woodbury goes to the bench next season, McCaffery said he'll go with three forwards. So that's how he plans to play.

Latest posts