ISU #4 in Preseason Polls?

I'll do a grand on it.

Confidence. I like it. Well you drive a hard bargain, but okay. My $100 against your $1000.

Also, of all the things I've been called, I resent the troll label the most. I come here because I like to read and talk basketball, and because I have a number of Iowa friends. Aside from trading internet insults with Mike, you can read through my short post history and see I'm not here to troll anyone.

Confidence. I like it. Well you drive a hard bargain, but okay. My $100 against your $1000.

Also, of all the things I've been called, I resent the troll label the most. I come here because I like to read and talk basketball, and because I have a number of Iowa friends. Aside from trading internet insults with Mike, you can read through my short post history and see I'm not here to troll anyone.

LOL ...yep that's what I thought, take your troll *** back to CF if you're not up for the bet. $1000 is probably too rich for an ISU grad anyway, that's probably half your bank account right there.

HAHAHA....go back to Clowntown. I mean you seriously think Vegas would give it 10 to 1 odds that a non power 5 team makes the elite 8 before a Big12 team does? It is the other way around, if 23 puts down $1,000, you should be putting up $10,000, not a $100 you d!pshit.

Your troll is over, you got call out, you showed you are a big ****ing *ussy. Just STFU and GTFO.

You try to jump on a bet, while calling him out and calling him names, and then pretend that you should get 10 to 1 odds, when you should be GIVING 10 to 1 odds. That is the very definition of a troll....

I've been thinking about it and I can't believe anyone that went to college wouldn't of upgraded their vocabulary. AdamHawk you didn't really go to college did you? I can perceive a transfer student at Iowa State not really taking any significant classes. Are you a former Iowa State basketball player? I've heard of athletes that have graduated from college that can't read so I guess its possible. Your on this board so I know you can read.

I apologize that I haven't been on here for a couple days so I hope this didn't ruin your weekend. Sounds like it really ate at you. Yes I did go to college (at Iowa) and maybe I learned some new words during my tenure. I still learn new words today but I can't say I specifically learned vocabulary in college, outside of the Spanish classes I already mentioned. Did you go to college (it's rhetorical, I don't really care)? I hope it wasn't Iowa because your grammar is terrible and makes the rest of us look bad.

You try to jump on a bet, while calling him out and calling him names, and then pretend that you should get 10 to 1 odds, when you should be GIVING 10 to 1 odds. That is the very definition of a troll....

Or it was a joke. Which is what I was trying to convey. I thought it came across that way but text can be hard. Obviously the odds should be in Mike's favor with a bet like that. Holy ****. You guys are something else.

Or it was a joke. Which is what I was trying to convey. I thought it came across that way but text can be hard. Obviously the odds should be in Mike's favor with a bet like that. Holy ****. You guys are something else.

Ok, so Clown fan comes here, calls a guy out, calls him names, and insults him......then all of a sudden everyone is supposed to know you are "joking". The only one being "something else" if you, as you are being a complete dousher.

Ok, so Clown fan comes here, calls a guy out, calls him names, and insults him......then all of a sudden everyone is supposed to know you are "joking". The only one being "something else" if you, as you are being a complete dousher.

I don't know what to tell you, Dean. Go back and look at how things transpired. Mike threw that bet out there to anyone; when no one said anything he posted that we all must have no balls. I offered to bet him, putting out what I thought was decent bet of $100. I didn't say what he would have had to bet, $20 would have been fine with me. He declined so I said "I guess we're done here". He proceeded to call me a ******* ***** and then offered to beat my *** when I told DP555 that Mike wouldn't back his bet. I thought that was a funny reaction so I poked the bear a bit by insulting him at that point. I actually fired off the fast food joke in haste and went to delete it, but you had already read and quoted it. I'm happy to bet him, but I guess I am small time and don't bet that much. I would do a few hundred though.

I apologize that I haven't been on here for a couple days so I hope this didn't ruin your weekend. Sounds like it really ate at you. Yes I did go to college (at Iowa) and maybe I learned some new words during my tenure. I still learn new words today but I can't say I specifically learned vocabulary in college, outside of the Spanish classes I already mentioned. Did you go to college (it's rhetorical, I don't really care)? I hope it wasn't Iowa because your grammar is terrible and makes the rest of us look bad.

I always look forward to reading your keen insights. I took Spanish in college, and two years of Latin in high school. It was quite awhile ago. Spanish in college when I went was one of those gimme courses.

I don't know what to tell you, Dean. Go back and look at how things transpired. Mike threw that bet out there to anyone; when no one said anything he posted that we all must have no balls. I offered to bet him, putting out what I thought was decent bet of $100. I didn't say what he would have had to bet, $20 would have been fine with me. He declined so I said "I guess we're done here". He proceeded to call me a ******* ***** and then offered to beat my *** when I told DP555 that Mike wouldn't back his bet. I thought that was a funny reaction so I poked the bear a bit by insulting him at that point. I actually fired off the fast food joke in haste and went to delete it, but you had already read and quoted it. I'm happy to bet him, but I guess I am small time and don't bet that much. I would do a few hundred though.

God youre ******* pathetic, I've seen plenty of guys like you, your mouths writing checks that your *** can't cash, typical internet clown.

God youre ******* pathetic, I've seen plenty of guys like you, your mouths writing checks that your *** can't cash, typical internet clown.

Like I said, I'm more than happy to make a bet with you. Just have to come to an agreement.

And, like Dean said, you should get better odds on that bet, though I am not sure what ratio you would want.

Last edited:

It's the nature of message boards....you are seen as a troll from the other fanbase. Who cares. It's a message board. I don't care for one second when I'm not online when a few anonymous posters think of me.

It's the nature of message boards....you are seen as a troll from the other fanbase. Who cares. It's a message board. I don't care for one second when I'm not online when a few anonymous posters think of me.

Methinks Jack is trying to minimize HARD on this one. He was personally attacking and insulting 23, and was being an overall dousher.....couple that with being a Clown fan, and of course people are gonna think/call him a troll. It ain't like people are calling Bryce and even you for that matter a troll. He was being one, so he was called out on it. I think it is unfair to say that I or even many on there call ISU fans trolls, unless they are trolling.

Methinks Jack is trying to minimize HARD on this one. He was personally attacking and insulting 23, and was being an overall dousher.....couple that with being a Clown fan, and of course people are gonna think/call him a troll. It ain't like people are calling Bryce and even you for that matter a troll. He was being one, so he was called out on it. I think it is unfair to say that I or even many on there call ISU fans trolls, unless they are trolling.

I guess you can believe what you want. I insulted Mike after he personally insulted me, that's all there is to it.

Edit: I suppose he could make an argument that he insulted me after I gave him **** about betting, but to me it appeared he was ducking it. Apparently he wasn't, so I was mistaken.

Last edited:
There are way too many feelings in this thread, I no longer no what it's actually about. As far as I can tell Iowa State will be pretty good at basketball next year. Top 5? meh, I don't think so right now, but we will see who they bring in, or if Freddy will actually be there next year.

There are way too many feelings in this thread, I no longer no what it's actually about. As far as I can tell Iowa State will be pretty good at basketball next year. Top 5? meh, I don't think so right now, but we will see who they bring in, or if Freddy will actually be there next year.

No kidding, lets take bets on what the OP is about. Any Clown fans wanna lay money on ISU finishing top 4 (getting a #1 seed) next year? I'll bet whatever on that against the Clowns finishing that high.

No kidding, lets take bets on what the OP is about. Any Clown fans wanna lay money on ISU finishing top 4 (getting a #1 seed) next year? I'll bet whatever on that against the Clowns finishing that high.

Yes. Honestly, I just want to bet someone on something. I'll put $20 on us getting a #1 seed.

Latest posts