ISU #4 in Preseason Polls?

Those guys don't make a top twenty team. Whats Iowa State going to do if one of their front court players gets hurt? I can think of a lot of teams in the big ten conference that can match those guys and still have some depth.

ISU was a top 20 team this year and it was because of those 3 guys. You are incorrect.

Gonna be more of the same for ISU this year.....

-No defense played
-Inconsistent all year (look like world beater, then lay an egg), due to a lack of mental toughness
-Soft non con schedule
-Cruise through weak and overrated conference
-Finish 2nd or 3rd in Big12
-Win Big12 tournament
-Get a over inflated 3 seed
-Get bounced in 1st or 2nd round (ceiling is sweet 16 for this team)
-No Big12 teams advance past sweet 16

Rinse and repeat next year.

ISU is gonna win 25 games and get a 3 seed again? Sweet

Don't forget getting bounced in the first round again.....I mean that is ok with Cyfans as it also means a 3rd straight Big12 title, and everyone knows those are more valuable than first round NCAA wins.

Don't forget getting bounced in the first round again.....I mean that is ok with Cyfans as it also means a 3rd straight Big12 title, and everyone knows those are more valuable than first round NCAA wins.

Iowa State isn't going to get a three seed. They will be fortunate to make the tournament. There are a lot of other teams going after these transfers now which makes it a lot harder for Iowa State. Iowa State is now trying to recruit high school kids, but I'm sure there coaches know that Hoiberg has no problems recruiting over them with a transfer so it will probably be difficult. Nebraska just got a small forward from Louisville, and Michigan has an open scholarship but they don't seem to be that interested in retaining the guy Iowa State is after. Michigan might be looking at the transfer market too.

They over achieved last year which isn't a bad thing. The ball bounced right for them in a lot of games. They were 10-6 until they won their last five games and had to play UAB. I doubt they were really a top tier team. They weren't a bad team. With the coaching change and Hoibergs heart surgery it will probably make it more difficult for them this year. They have some guy that just had to have a second hip surgery too.

They over achieved last year which isn't a bad thing. The ball bounced right for them in a lot of games. They were 10-6 until they won their last five games and had to play UAB. I doubt they were really a top tier team. They weren't a bad team. With the coaching change and Hoibergs heart surgery it will probably make it more difficult for them this year. They have some guy that just had to have a second hip surgery too.

True, they had 1 more regular season win than Iowa is all, and were incredibly overrated because of the overrated conference. I kept pointing how incredibly soft mentally they were at the time to the Foreverdouchey one. I said you can't keep playing so soft like that, falling behind every team and expecting to make a comeback every game.....then UAB happened. So what did Cry fans say after that??? They said the team didn't show up. So basically ISU was what I said they were, soft mentally, and it would catch up to them when they weren't playing crappy Big12 teams that handed ISU games......

Facts:

Iowa State has been to 4 straight NCAA's...to say they'd be fortunate enough to make it next year with what they have returning is straight idiotic. Also, they finished in the top 20 in the final poll last year...they lose BDJ and Hogue both are very replaceable.

The big 12 was 5-5 against the big 10 last season. Luckily enough for the B1G they added Maryland at the right time. Also as a reminder, since some need some around here, WVU beat Maryland in the tourney. So even though B1G clearly outperormed the Big 12 in the tourney, claiming that ISU "overachieved" or "are lucky" they play in the Big 12 is once again idiotic....specifically when it comes from a fan base who was 0-2 against that same conference!! If the Big 12 was so bad how come your own damn team couldn't beat them???

It took Fran 5 years to achieve what Fred did in 2.

Iowa was should worry about their own team making the tourney nxt year, as they lost arguably their top 2 players.

Remember when the NYT had Iowa ranked #1 preseason in football way back when??? How crazy Iowa fans were going about that?? Every fan base eats up and soaks in pre-season rankings, even your own.

Facts:

Iowa State has been to 4 straight NCAA's...to say they'd be fortunate enough to make it next year with what they have returning is straight idiotic. Also, they finished in the top 20 in the final poll last year...they lose BDJ and Hogue both are very replaceable.

The big 12 was 5-5 against the big 10 last season. Luckily enough for the B1G they added Maryland at the right time. Also as a reminder, since some need some around here, WVU beat Maryland in the tourney. So even though B1G clearly outperormed the Big 12 in the tourney, claiming that ISU "overachieved" or "are lucky" they play in the Big 12 is once again idiotic....specifically when it comes from a fan base who was 0-2 against that same conference!! If the Big 12 was so bad how come your own damn team couldn't beat them???

It took Fran 5 years to achieve what Fred did in 2.

Iowa was should worry about their own team making the tourney nxt year, as they lost arguably their top 2 players.

Remember when the NYT had Iowa ranked #1 preseason in football way back when??? How crazy Iowa fans were going about that?? Every fan base eats up and soaks in pre-season rankings, even your own.

Fact:

-ISU will make the tourney next year (not sure what Tierney is smoking, but it is a funny troll either way)
-Big12 was overrated all year, and it showed in the NCAA tournament once again
-B1G was underrated all year, and it showed in the NCAA tournament once again

The only difference between Iowa and ISU last year was 2 wins. ISU had one more regular season win, and Iowa had 1 more NCAA win. I'll take an extra win in the NCAA every day. Conference tournaments only matter to crappy teams that have no shot of getting unless they win it.....like UAB.......LOLOLOLOL, so if you wanna make the argument they somehow do matter use UAB as your example....LOLOLOL, it still cracks me up that ISU lost to that sh!tty azz team.

Iowa State isn't going to get a three seed. They will be fortunate to make the tournament. There are a lot of other teams going after these transfers now which makes it a lot harder for Iowa State. Iowa State is now trying to recruit high school kids, but I'm sure there coaches know that Hoiberg has no problems recruiting over them with a transfer so it will probably be difficult. Nebraska just got a small forward from Louisville, and Michigan has an open scholarship but they don't seem to be that interested in retaining the guy Iowa State is after. Michigan might be looking at the transfer market too.

I'll bet $1000 to your $100 right now.

Iowa State isn't going to get a three seed. They will be fortunate to make the tournament.[\QUOTE]

if you truly think this you are an idiot.

I can understand why an Iowa State fan would think Iowa State could attain a three seed and are assured of being in the NCAA tournament, but that doesn't really mean anything. That's one of the reasons they play the games. I'm not sure what the Iowa State schedule is next year, but I'm confident there are a lot better teams.

When the NCAA tournament comes next year you will be happy that talk is cheap.
You make an outlandish statement and I think talk is cheap? You either want to back up the statement with a bet or not. You can reduce the stakes but I'll still give you 10:1. I'll assume that you aren't interested because you realized that you made a stupid statement. Bet something non-monetary if you prefer.

I can understand why an Iowa State fan would think Iowa State could attain a three seed and are assured of being in the NCAA tournament, but that doesn't really mean anything. That's one of the reasons they play the games. I'm not sure what the Iowa State schedule is next year, but I'm confident there are a lot better teams.

You said this...

They will be fortunate to make the tournament.

There can be a ****-ton of better teams and the statement is still stupid.

You said this...

They will be fortunate to make the tournament.

There can be a ****-ton of better teams and the statement is still stupid.

Any team that isn't a top seed is fortunate to make the tournament any year. That doesn't sound stupid to me. With Iowa States depth, they could be a severe ankle sprain away from making the NIT or even missing the NIT. Iowa State has a nice team, but there really are a lot better teams whether you want to believe it or not. Iowa isn't going to be the best team in the land next year, but on a given day they could beat anyone if they make the NCAA tournament. There are a couple of guys on the Iowa team that if they have an injury that takes them out for a few weeks it could cost Iowa a lot of games unless they can develop some depth at those positions. Where is Iowa States depth? Hopefully, Iowa and Iowa State can remain injury free this coming year and make the tournament, but I would say one of the reasons is that they were fortunate. Iowa does appear to have a lot more leeway than Iowa State in that regard.