ISU #4 in Preseason Polls?

That's because we're smart enough to realize they will find a way to crap down their legs again no matter who they have returning. You can't get past the first 2-3 rounds of the tourney without defense or rebounding. It's just not gonna happen.

What do Hawk fans know about how to get past the first 2-3 rounds? They've advanced a round twice in 14 years.

What do Hawk fans know about how to get past the first 2-3 rounds? They've advanced a round twice in 14 years.

Unlike ISU, we play in a conference that has no problem getting teams past the sweet 16. We get to see what types of teams go far in the tournament. You play in a conference that has had the same number of elite eight teams as the Atlantic Sun conference over the last three years.

Unlike ISU, we play in a conference that has no problem getting teams past the sweet 16. We get to see what types of teams go far in the tournament. You play in a conference that has had the same number of elite eight teams as the Atlantic Sun conference over the last three years.

You do realize Iowa was 0-2 against Big 12 teams last season right? And how does conference performance in the post-season correlate to a lack of tourney wins Iowa has had in past 14 years? Nice try

You do realize Iowa was 0-2 against Big 12 teams last season right? And how does conference performance in the post-season correlate to a lack of tourney wins Iowa has had in past 14 years? Nice try

LOL see your previous question. It's embarrassing that you can't even follow your own logic. Might be time to step away from the computer bud.

A 20 page thread on ISU basketball on a Hawkeye board....maybe you should work on/worry about your own dipsh!ts.

You do realized that the reason this is a 20 page thread is because of dips!its like you and dumbderic right? Maybe you should go and worry about the clownfanatics who have several 100 page threads on Iowa. Just saying.

You do realized that the reason this is a 20 page thread is because of dips!its like you and dumbderic right? Maybe you should go and worry about the clownfanatics who have several 100 page threads on Iowa. Just saying.

Its a slow time of the year, and its enjoyable seeing all the Iowa State fans trying to make a point.

What is with the ancient history? What does it matter what Iowa did under Lick, or what ISU did under McDermott? Plus you want to go back even further than that now as well? If that is the case, lets talk about all time history. I don't get Clowns and their magical historical lines of demarcation. It is like they pick to go back however far makes them feel good. Just like football, *ucking idiot Clowns actually think the all time football record vs Iowa is 10-7, they pretend that only 17 years are relevant. They pretend that their #SuperBowl record actual makes those 17 years successful.....hilarious on all levels really.

LOL see your previous question. It's embarrassing that you can't even follow your own logic. Might be time to step away from the computer bud.
He is all over the map really. All we heard all season long in both football and BB is how great the Big12 is, that ISU football would actually win the B1G west, and so on and so forth. Yet when the fact that their conference was exposed and shown to be incredibly overrated, then they act like they don't wrap themselves in their conference success. All year long they say one thing, then when they are embarrassed at post season results, they say another. Dude is just your everyday, run of the mill, idiot Clown fan really.

Oh yeah I forgot hawk fans are more obsessed with their conference success rather than their own.

Iowa fan is very happy advancing in the NCAA tournament, it was awesome. I know ISU fan was happy with their season results as well, as they tell us that the Big12 Tourney is more important than the NCAA tourney.......

Iowa fan is very happy advancing in the NCAA tournament, it was awesome. I know ISU fan was happy with their season results as well, as they tell us that the Big12 Tourney is more important than the NCAA tourney.......

I'm not afraid to admit the Big 12 was overrated they laid an egg in both basketball and football. But once again their success or lack thereof has absolutely nothing to do with how Iowa State performs in the post-season. I actually find myself rooting against Big 12 teams in the tournament, I cringe everytime KU or OU wins. All B1G fans just love taking credit for other teams success, acting like it justifies and makes their season better, it's actually kinda comical.

I'm not afraid to admit the Big 12 was overrated they laid an egg in both basketball and football. But once again their success or lack thereof has absolutely nothing to do with how Iowa State performs in the post-season. I actually find myself rooting against Big 12 teams in the tournament, I cringe everytime KU or OU wins. All B1G fans just love taking credit for other teams success, acting like it justifies and makes their season better, it's actually kinda comical.

Find one post where Iowa fans says Iowa is better because Wisconsin or MSU were in the final 4. Nobody says or thinks that, so just stop with the straw man argument already.

Strip away the Big12 and B1G labels.....finishing 3rd in a conference with 2 final 4 teams, now that is impressive, and it is certainly much more impressive than finishing 2nd in a conference with 0 Elite 8 and final 4 teams.

Well luckily for you, the B12 teams are done winning by the time the first weekend is over so you're free to watch the big boy schools play after that without having to root against anyone.

Sorry my Cyclone friend, but you are getting owned.

If you honestly believe that B10 fans are the only ones who root for their conference in post-season play then you are completely delusional. Go back to CyFan and look at the threads around the time of the NCAA Tourney or Bowl Games for football. I guarantee you'll find all sorts of threads filled with individuals who are rooting for B12 success in order to save face. Just because you may not feel that way doesn't mean the majority don't.

Also, it's one thing to root for a strong conference showing and quite another to cheer for a team whom you may dislike. I hate Wisconsin but that doesn't mean I'm not proud of the fact they are a part of the B10. They have represented the conference very well in recent years. I don't cheer for them, but I'm also not going to hate on them for going out and whooping up on other conferences.

Conference representation is a part of being a sports fan. That's why so many Cyclone fans were butthurt when TCU and Baylor got left out of the college football playoffs. They felt like the B12 was disrespected. Same as the conference pimping Cyclone fans were doing during the regular season. B12 this. B12 that. Then all of a sudden the B12 craps their pants when it matters the most and all of a sudden the argument becomes "We don't get why Hawkeye fans brag about the strength of the B10". Idiotic.

If you honestly believe that B10 fans are the only ones who root for their conference in post-season play then you are completely delusional. Go back to CyFan and look at the threads around the time of the NCAA Tourney or Bowl Games for football. I guarantee you'll find all sorts of threads filled with individuals who are rooting for B12 success in order to save face. Just because you may not feel that way doesn't mean the majority don't.

Also, it's one thing to root for a strong conference showing and quite another to cheer for a team whom you may dislike. I hate Wisconsin but that doesn't mean I'm not proud of the fact they are a part of the B10. They have represented the conference very well in recent years. I don't cheer for them, but I'm also not going to hate on them for going out and whooping up on other conferences.

Conference representation is a part of being a sports fan. That's why so many Cyclone fans were butthurt when TCU and Baylor got left out of the college football playoffs. They felt like the B12 was disrespected. Same as the conference pimping Cyclone fans were doing during the regular season. B12 this. B12 that. Then all of a sudden the B12 craps their pants when it matters the most and all of a sudden the argument becomes "We don't get why Hawkeye fans brag about the strength of the B10". Idiotic.

All very true. ISU fans talk about how tough the B12 is, B12 teams bomb out early in the B12 and it's "well I never wanted those teams to win anyway". The NCAA tournament is the only thing that matters, then ISU loses in the first round and its "Well the B12 tournament is the one you really want to win anyway". LOL classic Clones.

Great post and I can respect this 100%. It was just funny to see all of my friends that went Iowa, Rutgers, Nebraska and Illinois send out txts/emails/FB posts "B1G"....like yeah the B1G kicked *** in the post-season, congrats, but that doesn't make any of the other teams season's any better and doesn't justify your teams performance....that's what they at least were implying or made it seem like an indirect manner.

Didn't get owned yet...still waiting on Deavong's factual information displaying that Fred forces players out.

Great post and I can respect this 100%. It was just funny to see all of my friends that went Iowa, Rutgers, Nebraska and Illinois send out txts/emails/FB posts "B1G"....like yeah the B1G kicked *** in the post-season, congrats, but that doesn't make any of the other teams season's any better and doesn't justify your teams performance....that's what they at least were implying or made it seem like an indirect manner.

Didn't get owned yet...still waiting on Deavong's factual information displaying that Fred forces players out.

You have been getting owned the entire time. We know for a FACT that Hoiberg pulls scholarships and forces players out. You are the kind of dipsh!t that won't believe the Freddie boy is involved with the police and his players, until someone like DBJ gets busted and it is revealed that Freddie Boy was informed about the situation not once, not twice, not 3 times, but 4 or 5 times about DBJ getting complaints called in about him. Go ahead and stick your head in the sand, and think Fred isn't encouraging players to GTFO.....even though Freddie did this to Amardi, all Amardi did was say nice things.....doesn't mean he wasn't sent packing.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...chard-amardi-loses-scholarship-to-iowa-state/

Amardi, a 6-foot-9 forward from Indian Hills CC, signed an NLI with Iowa State back in November. For the last nine months, he’s been locked in to be a Cyclone during the 2013-2014 season. But since Fred Hoiberg was once again active on the transfer market and landed for Marshall guard Deandre Kane late last month, there are now no scholarships available for Amardi.

http://amestrib.com/sections/sports...uation-highlights-why-changes-are-needed-lois

Amardi did nothing wrong. Iowa State did wrong by Amardi. The NCAA did wrong by Amardi.

Aside from Amardi, what player did Fred push out of the program?? A link or some proof would be nice to justify your claim or else you're just purely making stuff up and speculating.

If a player transfers b/c they are sitting on the bench and want more playing time, then every single coach and program "pushes" players out of their program as there are hundreds and hundreds of these type of cases each year. Fran must have pushed out Dickerson. I'm sure Bo Ryan pushed out Jarrod Uthoff too.

^^^^

still waiting on Deavong's factual information displaying that Fred forces players out.

You asked, so I gave, I'm not gonna go back and read all your idiotic posts, you are all over the board.

-Factually proven that Freddie has absolutely yanked a scholarship from a player
-Only bench warmers and non contributors "choose" to move on from the program
-All starters and contributors stay

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck. You really want people to believe that all the players that have left, absolutely wanted to leave a NCAA tournament team?? If this is the case, it is the only program in the history of college BB to have players leave a winning program at freaking break neck speed. Heck, Fred is losing players faster than McDermott. Good thing you got a Hawk fan here to explain this to you. McDermott sucked cause he lost all his good players. Da Mayor is good, because he trims the fat and encourages the non contributors to move on, so he can get contributors in their place.

A jury told us that OJ Simpson wasn't guilty of murder.....You seem a lot like an OJ juror, just ignore everything else and tell yourself that since the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit!

This post is a contridiction. You expect facts from dean( which he actually provided),but it's ok for you to skip facts or evidences cause it was implied in an indirect manners. So provide us with hard facts not clown logic. We are laughing at you not with you.

Latest posts