ISU #4 in Preseason Polls?

This post is a contridiction. You expect facts from dean( which he actually provided),but it's ok for you to skip facts or evidences cause it was implied in an indirect manners. So provide us with hard facts not clown logic. We are laughing at you not with you.

You obviously didn't read my post correctly.

Any cyfan clown like this guy is delusional. He has a man crush on Freddy. It's like the guy who's dating a slut and won't believe it when his friends tell him. Fred's a slut and has been since he took over the clowns. Trying to fill his roster with thugs, cuts players after making promises to them. Who knows how much interference with the cops to get his players off charges. Does favors for the police in order to keep his players out of trouble and slut #2 Jamie Pollard is in bed with him in all of it. Cyfans get real defensive about this because they know it but they don't want anybody else to know it. Mrs. Williams keeps spreading the sunshine but he knows Fred's squeaky clean image is about as real as the pro wrasslin he loves.

Any cyfan clown like this guy is delusional. He has a man crush on Freddy. It's like the guy who's dating a slut and won't believe it when his friends tell him. Fred's a slut and has been since he took over the clowns. Trying to fill his roster with thugs, cuts players after making promises to them. Who knows how much interference with the cops to get his players off charges. Does favors for the police in order to keep his players out of trouble and slut #2 Jamie Pollard is in bed with him in all of it. Cyfans get real defensive about this because they know it but they don't want anybody else to know it. Mrs. Williams keeps spreading the sunshine but he knows Fred's squeaky clean image is about as real as the pro wrasslin he loves.

This is definitely the perception ppl have on Hoibergs program nationally.

Find me a top 25 with them outside the top 10.

First of all, top 25 polls in April are worthless. Secondly, do you even understand the word 'literally'? Come on, Iowa fans aren't the only ones who feel ISU is overrated.

First of all, top 25 polls in April are worthless. Secondly, do you even understand the word 'literally'? Come on, Iowa fans aren't the only ones who feel ISU is overrated.

It's going to depend on what ISU does with their last 2 schollys. As it stands now I think they're more along the lines of top 15/20. If they can add an impact transfer who can provide post depth, I can foresee them being a fringe top 10 team. I think top 5 pre-season is a bit of a reach, but definitely not going to complain about the free publicity.

It's going to depend on what ISU does with their last 2 schollys. As it stands now I think they're more along the lines of top 15/20. If they can add an impact transfer who can provide post depth, I can foresee them being a fringe top 10 team. I think top 5 pre-season is a bit of a reach, but definitely not going to complain about the free publicity.

I can get on board with that assessment. This post alone proves that Iowa fans are not literally the only ones thinking ISU is not a top 10 team. I would certainly put them in the top 25 if I had to pick one right now (even though it's stupid).

1-Kentucky
2=Kansas
3-IOWA
51-Iowa State college of Agriculture

There's a top 25 poll that shows ISU out of the top ten, how's that. It's as official as the joke cyfans have been parading.

1-Kentucky
2=Kansas
3-IOWA

There's a top 25 poll that shows ISU out of the top ten, how's that. It's as official as the joke cyfans have been parading.

While predictions don't mean jack **** at this time, it's nice knowing that national prognosticators are expecting ISU to be close to the top next season and speaks volumes of the credibility Hoiberg has established with his program...as much as Hawk fans hate to admit it.

1-Kentucky
2=Kansas
3-IOWA

It's good to know you think major college basketball writers are a joke. I guess we'll just have to assume you think the same thing when they say something good about the Hawks.

By the way this crossed the line to an instate rivals thread a long time ago.

It's good to know you think major college basketball writers are a joke. I guess we'll just have to assume you think the same thing when they say something good about the Hawks.

Iowa state won't be that good next year. I'm kind of worried that Iowa State is going to bomb out in their final two scholarships for this year. I'm really not kind of worried about it, but they don't appear to have the depth to be a legitimate top team next year.

Last edited:
How much depth does a team need to have?

I'm assuming a frontcourt rotation of niang, McKay, and Nader.

Backcourt of Morris, long, Cooke, Thomas, and burton.

That's 8 guys and that's as many as are ever going to play for hoiberg.

Major college writers are a joke. Responsible journalism was replaced by sensationalism journalism a long time ago. I just think it's ridculous to put out a top 25 poll before teams know who's leaving and who's coming in. There are a ton of cyfans that are convinced you're going to the final four and several who are convinced you're going to win it all. Just like last year and as you know it only takes one game to shatter a dream. I have no doubt ISU will be good but to take somebody's ranking and decide it's fact is dreaming. If you can go back and find anything I've posted after a write up or team ranking where I blew it up and treated it like it was a fact I'd be surprised. It's nice to get mentioned but to draw anything more out of it seems unrealistic to me. Whatever the case what I think doesn't matter and it's stuff they love on cyfan so go ahead and go for it.

How much depth does a team need to have?

I'm assuming a frontcourt rotation of niang, McKay, and Nader.

Backcourt of Morris, long, Cooke, Thomas, and burton.

That's 8 guys and that's as many as are ever going to play for hoiberg.

Those guys don't make a top twenty team. Whats Iowa State going to do if one of their front court players gets hurt? I can think of a lot of teams in the big ten conference that can match those guys and still have some depth.

Those guys don't make a top twenty team. Whats Iowa State going to do if one of their front court players gets hurt? I can think of a lot of teams in the big ten conference that can match those guys and still have some depth.

LOL. Which teams??

Niang - All American.
Morris - who many national analysts say is one of the best if not the best point guard in the nation. (led NCAA the last two years in assists/turnovers)
McKay - Big 12 defensive player of the year

Those 3 alone make the team a top 20 team.

This post of yours will be fun to come back to in the future.

LOL. Which teams??

Niang - All American.
Morris - who many national analysts say is one of the best if not the best point guard in the nation. (led NCAA the last two years in assists/turnovers)

There are a lot of people that think Wisconsin will finish the top four in the conference, but I doubt it. Iowa State couldn't finish in the top four of the big ten conference either. I think Iowa State has a nice team, but they aren't that good. If they stay healthy, I think they have a shot at making the NCAA tournament. Which of the players you mentioned are going to be in the NBA? Niang and McKay are seniors and there aren't many seniors that stick with the NBA. I really haven't watch the Iowa State point guard to say how good he really is.

LOL. Which teams??

Niang - All American.

There are a lot of people that think Wisconsin will finish the top four in the conference, but I doubt it. Iowa State couldn't finish in the top four of the big ten conference either. I think Iowa State has a nice team, but they aren't that good. If they stay healthy, I think they have a shot at making the NCAA tournament. I do think Iowa State has a real shot of finishing in the top four of their conference. If they do make the NCAA tournament save coming back at me until after they win a game in the tournament.

LOL. Which teams??

Niang - All American.

I'm sure you're right. There's not a team in the country that can match up with that. Thanks for you unbiased opinion

Latest posts