ISU #4 in Preseason Polls?

Only 202 days until I can get the horrible UAB taste out of my mouth. (just have to get through football season somehow)

Fred wants to bring in transfers now because he will be coaching in the NBA in a few years. I wouldn't be shocked if he is an NBA coach in two years since their "final 4 talent" will be leaving.

Iowa State doesn't have final four talent. Their coaching isn't that good either so I doubt he would be in the NBA although they do hire a lot of coaches that bomb out.

Iowa State doesn't have final four talent. Their coaching isn't that good either so I doubt he would be in the NBA although they do hire a lot of coaches that bomb out.

I used air quotes when I said final 4 talent....but he is a proven NBA guy and his name will me mentioned on short lists. Da Bulls will probably hire him since they are already known for taking on ISU coaches in the past too.

MAYBE at the 5th spot if we can sign Diallo.

It's been awhile since I've recruited HS athletes, but if you want someone to come to your school, a lot of times it helps to be able to pronounce their name correctly.

Diallo, a forward at Our Savior New American (Centereach, N.Y.) who will suit up for the East at the McDonald’s All American game Wednesday (9 p.m. EST, ESPN), is down to Kentucky, Kansas, St. John’s, Iowa State and Pittsburgh.Which schools use the correct pronunciation?
“Kentucky gets it right,â€￾ Diallo said. “I know that, and I think Pitt and Kansas get it right too.

Link

I used air quotes when I said final 4 talent....but he is a proven NBA guy and his name will me mentioned on short lists. Da Bulls will probably hire him since they are already known for taking on ISU coaches in the past too.

Yeah, its hard to believe that anyone would believe Iowa State has final four talent. If they can avoid injuries next year, and the ball bounces right they could , maybe, reach the final four, but the same can be said for a lot of teams, including Iowa.

ISU just got a commit from a 2015 high school top 100 player out of Wisconsin. I think that discredits 90% of the posts in this thread. Would be nice if Fran was 1/2 that good of a recruiter.

ISU just got a commit from a 2015 high school top 100 player out of Wisconsin. I think that discredits 90% of the posts in this thread. Would be nice if Fran was 1/2 that good of a recruiter.

But then you wouldn't come visit us anymore.

I don't know the kid but I hope the best for anyone. The way Iowa State recruiting has been going, he might have a real chance of starting in a couple of years. He has had a troubled past so hopefully it will work out for him. I'm pretty sure he has dropped out of the top 150 players.

I don't know the kid but I hope the best for anyone. The way Iowa State recruiting has been going, he might have a real chance of starting in a couple of years. He has had a troubled past so hopefully it will work out for him. I'm pretty sure he has dropped out of the top 150 players.

He hasn't.

ISU in every practical sense absolutely stopped recruiting HS kids. When you only target one top 15 kid a year, ala Calipari, that is not recruiting. LOL if Hoiberg really thought he and ISU is at a level to do this.

ISU will go back to a more standard recruiting approach in '16 as you said they are already offering kids they actually have a chance at signing. It was a stupid short sighted mistake getting away from this for 2 years. You can still love Hoiberg, but call a mistake a mistake, and this one was a freaking stupid azz mistake. Especially when you consider that Da Mayor only plays 7 or 8 guys. You should absolutely have 4 HS kids on the bench getting better and improving in practice every day.
Cyfans agree it's impossible for Fred to make a mistake.

In the Big 10?
Top 5 in the BIG would be number 1 in the Big 12. Every year the Big 12 trots out it's posers in football and basketball. They beat up on each other and convince the media how good they are and then it's bowl season or NCAA tournament time and the little sisters of the poor flame out against the real good teams or teams like UAB.

Top 5 in the BIG would be number 1 in the Big 12. Every year the Big 12 trots out it's posers in football and basketball. They beat up on each other and convince the media how good they are and then it's bowl season or NCAA tournament time and the little sisters of the poor flame out against the real good teams or teams like UAB.

Postseason performance is certainly an indicator of the strength of a conference...that being said so is head-head. Iowa lost to the last place Big 12 team in football last season (at home) and also went 0-2 against Big 12 teams in basketball (1 at home and 1 neutral). So staking the claim that a top 5 team in the BIG would be number 1 in the Big 12 is simply false and Iowa fans should know this from a first hand account.

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

You know a few weeks ago I was talking with some of my Cyclone friends. I was saying that I don't know how someone could guess where ISU would be simply because who knows who will even be on their team. I also said that Fred may not be the coach next year because he could go to the NBA or because of his health which apparently, to ISU fans, means I think he could die under the knife; not something logical like he quiting because of his health.

They should be a decent team, but not top 5. Given how inconsistent they were this year and not being able to defend anyone leads me to believe they will have some good runs, but ultimately a mid top 25 team.

Comical. Isu kicked iowas *** last year. Soooo does iowa lose to uab? No they don't and neither do we if our guys decided to show up. We beat uab every time if we mentally show up. We had final 4 talent but the mental toughness of a middle school student

Latest posts