ISU #4 in Preseason Polls?

If we played uab like we played iowa then we would have won by 50+. Guys just didn't show up
If cyfans didn't have ifs and buts they'd have nothing. Almost all of cyfan talks about are ifs and buts and no one talks reality. Every team in the country could say if we would have, we would have won. People could make a living doing comedy on the delusion over there and it's the reason trolls get laughed at over here because delusion doesn't fly in the real world. Go back to fantasy island where you can spin that crap.

Quality of returning players. I'll reserve judgement until recruiting is finished but they are a top 15 team without having to do much. Voters aren't letting a crappy NCAA game skew their perception as much as ISU fans are.

#4 is too high with the current roster.
Thank you for your unbiased view. Voters were wrong all last year ranking them so high until they and the, ahem, greatest conference in the world got exposed when the real games counted.

Yawn. Too much cherry-picking of stats and history by both sides to make their points.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the high pre-season ranking. I don't find many Iowa State fans who were expecting or even believe this. So, what led the voters to give them such a high rank?
Like someone else said, we have a lot of returning players. We essentially only lose Hogue and BDJ, who combined for zero points in 28 minutes against UAB. So Iowa State lost to UAB with two non-factors who are now going to be gone and one of Georges Niang's worst games in his career.

Hallice Cooke is supposed to be really good as well. I'm not sold on Deonte Burton but I've heard good things. Anything top 5 is probably a bit premature and hype-driven... I'd probably have ISU in the 8-10 range. MAYBE at the 5th spot if we can sign Diallo.

Hogue got popped for a DUI last night, and walk on Kourtlin Jackson was also arrested. That's 6 ISU basketball player arrests in one year, pretty impressive considering Fred works with cops regularly.

I think Rhoads had something to do with this. He went in and berated the cops about picking on the FB team and letting the BB team slide. They did this to even the score, but weren't allowed to touch current BB players.

Like someone else said, we have a lot of returning players. We essentially only lose Hogue and BDJ, who combined for zero points in 28 minutes against UAB. So Iowa State lost to UAB with two non-factors who are now going to be gone and one of Georges Niang's worst games in his career.

Hallice Cooke is supposed to be really good as well. I'm not sold on Deonte Burton but I've heard good things. Anything top 5 is probably a bit premature and hype-driven... I'd probably have ISU in the 8-10 range. MAYBE at the 5th spot if we can sign Diallo.

We've heard that before... Cough BDJ Cough!!! How'd he work out?

Looks like a lot of the players are getting to know the Ames PD pretty well too.

Oh by the way... it doesn't look like you're signing Diallo and the teams biggest weakness (rebounding) has not been addressed.

Quality of returning players. I'll reserve judgement until recruiting is finished but they are a top 15 team without having to do much. Voters aren't letting a crappy NCAA game skew their perception as much as ISU fans are.

#4 is too high with the current roster.

This is what I'm hearing from other Cyclone fans, but still there is an issue of bias and personal preference. I'm more interested in where do Hawk fans think the Clones and Hawks ought to be ranked? And why?

Not really looking for Clone-bashing, though that is to be expected. It will be interesting to compare Clone and Hawkeye predictions once the real pre-season rankings come out.

Looks like a lot of the players are getting to know the Ames PD pretty well too.

Oh by the way... it doesn't look like you're signing Diallo and the teams biggest weakness (rebounding) has not been addressed.
BDJ's problems were mostly off the court. No, he didn't exactly kill it near the end of the season but a lot of the problems started because of his actions off the court.

I have no idea if we're getting Diallo. Sounds like he might be leaning towards Kansas but I don't know.

As far as the run-ins with the law, all I can say is I'm glad the guys who have caused problems this year are the guys who are leaving. BDJ, Kourtlin Jackson and Hogue are all gone next year.

ISU hasn't had a high school kid commit for 2 and a half years, don't know why that would change now.

Damn! We've got our work cut out for us. Say what you will about "transfer U," but Freddie is doing something that no coach in history at Iowa has done. He's created a year in and year out top 10-15 team. I would love to see Frannie get us into the top 10 within the next couple of years. If UNI could do it last year, the guys we have coming back next year can do it.

That's BS. im not saying ISU wont field a decent team but there is such a different from what I saw from the top 5 teams this year and ISU. Not even in the same league.

So 5 ISU players were arrested in the past year. FIVE. 50% of the normal rotation were in handcuffs at some point. That’s outrageous.

BDJ's problems were mostly off the court. No, he didn't exactly kill it near the end of the season but a lot of the problems started because of his actions off the court.

I have no idea if we're getting Diallo. Sounds like he might be leaning towards Kansas but I don't know.

As far as the run-ins with the law, all I can say is I'm glad the guys who have caused problems this year are the guys who are leaving. BDJ, Kourtlin Jackson and Hogue are all gone next year.

More than 1 ISU fan has told me the BJD outburst at halftime against UAB was the reason they lost.

Some are gone as far as you know. How many knew Fred intervened five previous times before BDJ's indiscretions caught up with them. For all anyone knows Fred could have helped kids escape trouble a hundred times over the years.

Over on CF they're convinced the author most be a Hawk fan LOL.

Yes Cyclone fans,

STK646852.jpg

Some are gone as far as you know. How many knew Fred intervened five previous times before BDJ's indiscretions caught up with them. For all anyone knows Fred could have helped kids escape trouble a hundred times over the years.

They don't call Freddy the 'Mayor' for nothing.

Four and five star recruits are four and five star recruits, whether they come from high school, juco, or transfer in. It would just be nice if fran got in the conversation with such caliber of player every now and then. Believe me, if he could get a commitment from a guy averaging 15 points a game and another Division I school, he would take it in a heartbeat and we would be thrilled. I know we were thrilled with the juco commit who had no major offers but put up good numbers and you can go.

Latest posts