Iowa vs. Iowa State Game Unenjoyable for Many Hawkeye Fans

You completely missed my point, or ignored it.

I'ma keep posting this until you or one of your clown brethren respond with data.

Other than Iowa, against which annual opponent(-s) does ISU have a winning record over the past 15 seasons??

This is the perfect opportunity to disprove the "it's isu's Super Bowl" assertion. If isu is such an up & coming program, and concentrates on Big(12-2) play and NOT on the Iowa game, the clones should have a winning record against several Big(12-2) opponents. Right?
Let's have the numbers, ChickTestes. Tick-tock.

We are saying we are an up and coming program only recently. Not over the past 15 season. Because that would include the Chizik years, Mac's first few seasons.

We are saying we are an up and coming program only recently. Not over the past 15 season. Because that would include the Chizik years, Mac's first few seasons.

LOL
WOW that is some weak sauce

Whar emphasis on Big(12-2) games?? Whar data to disprove Super Bowl focus??

Wow, this thread is full of da clown derpyness. Funny, how we heard the same thing back in the late 90s that da clowns were an up and comer. :rolleyes:

"Also claiming that Iowa can be a top Tier big 10 team is stretching it. They can finish near the top if they get a decent schedule, but that's about it."

You can't be serious Chuck?????????

Shontrelle Johnson is so good that his career best rushing day is 120 yards. Only 30 yards less than a guy who was switched to WR last year and is only at RB because of attrition and injuries. Oh yeah, and Iowa's RB career best 150 yards was in his first game as a starter and is also better than their Doak Walker watch list RB James White's career day. LOL!
Yeah the running backs are sooo good at ISU it is really amazing. They even had a running back who has scored points for other team. (chanting) Woody. Woody. Woody.

Shontrelle Johnson is so good that his career best rushing day is 120 yards. Only 30 yards less than a guy who was switched to WR last year and is only at RB because of attrition and injuries. Oh yeah, and Iowa's RB career best 150 yards was in his first game as a starter and is also better than their Doak Walker watch list RB James White's career day. LOL!
Yeah the running backs are sooo good at ISU it is really amazing. They even had a running back who has scored points for other team. (chanting) Woody. Woody. Woody.

Check yds/ carry and get back tome. Iowa RBs had 36 carries for 166 yds and ISU RBs had 30 carries for 175 yds. Bullock was 30/150 and Johnson was 18/120. As you can see, you are off the mark across the board.

Check yds/ carry and get back tome. Iowa RBs had 36 carries for 166 yds and ISU RBs had 30 carries for 175 yds. Bullock was 30/150 and Johnson was 18/120. As you can see, you are off the mark across the board.

LOL. Too bad your guys career days are worse than a 5th string RB that was moved to WR in his first start.

Last edited:

Answer me this? Did your running back score for the other team? Woody. Woody Woody. They should probably put that on their new commercials.

... the game has become very unenjoyable to me. It’s a lose-lose situation. I don’t even feel good with a close win, let alone the dreaded loss. I only feel good if Iowa wins by multiple scores, because in my mind that’s how it should go every year.

Pretty much my thoughts, with a slight difference. What you described is how I feel when Iowa plays teams like NIU or UNI or CMU. They are truly not on a level playing field. If we win, so what, we're supposed to ... but if we lose to them it is an embarrassment, and ruins my whole weekend. (This is why i will not be at the UNI game on my birthday!)

When we play ISU, it is a similar feeling, except that I enjoy any win, regardless of score, because ISU is on a level playing field.

It is VERY enjoyable when we win and absolutely brutal when we lose.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

ISU is more competetive than they used to be, so it's not necessarily a horrible loss anymore. It's not the embarrassment (from a national perspective) losing this game the way it used to be.

That said, I still absolutely HATE losing that game because of having to hear Clone fans crow about it. On the same token, it gives me a great deal of satisfaction putting the hammer down on those guys.

Latest posts