Iowa vs. Iowa State Game Unenjoyable for Many Hawkeye Fans

Rule #1: If you write a mindless blog on a no-name site, go to a fan message board and quote yourself as if you just discovered something profound. Andrew Fisher = ACFishpond? You be the Judge

UNI and ISU will always have more to benefit playing Iowa than Iowa has playing them.

Unless ISU can ever be relevant year in and year out.

Despite I think ISU probably has the edge this year going into the game, I still maintain it would be in the U of I's best interest to stop playing the other state schools.

Replace them with teams on more traditionally equal or better footing.

ISU is a Big 12 team, do not lump us in with UNI. Win or lose we are a far better quality opponent than UNI.

I'm not lumping you together. Your program is typically a bottom feeding BCS school which is usually going to be a waste of time for Iowa to play win or lose.

So, it just generally a waste of time like playing UNI.

Rule #1: If you write a mindless blog on a no-name site, go to a fan message board and quote yourself as if you just discovered something profound. Andrew Fisher = ACFishpond? You be the Judge

What does this mean please?

[/B]

So what? Whats your point?

That it was humorous listening to fans of a program with as little success as Iowa State say things like "Minus 3-4 seasons in the Ferentz era, Iowa has been 7-5."

Those are four Top Ten seasons.

Last edited:
ohhh spanky btw Id tune out our entire pre conference schedule btw, cause if the isu win gains nothing neither do any of the others.

NIU was ranked considerably higher than ISU last year, and I would wager that they will finish with a higher ranking than ISU this year....

id want to get rid of a team on my schedule that dominates my team also.
When did this happen, 1980's? Whats Ferentz's record again against ISU?
roughly from 1977 until next Saturday
Since that time Iowa won 16 in a row then ISU won 5 in a row. And now its been back and forth over the last decade. Hell your current coach has been at Iowa forever and he doesnt even have a winning record against ISU.

The least he could do is be transparent about it, rather than insult our intelligence. I mean, I whore my work out on this site all the time, but pretty much everybody here knows who I am and why I'm posting links (BTW, keep an eye out for this week's Pregame; I have the cover story.).

Since that time Iowa won 16 in a row then ISU won 5 in a row. And now its been back and forth over the last decade. Hell your current coach has been at Iowa forever and he doesnt even have a winning record against ISU.

*facepalm

When was the last time ISU entered the game ranked? This is why most Hawkeye fans have the attitude that they do. It's not like we ever get the chance to get stoked up to knock off a ranked team, or at least a team that is considered the overwhelming favorite by outsiders.

The least he could do is be transparent about it, rather than insult our intelligence. I mean, I whore my work out on this site all the time, but pretty much everybody here knows who I am and why I'm posting links (BTW, keep an eye out for this week's Pregame; I have the cover story.).

New to the site, not trying to hide anything... There's a link to my blog on my profile.

When was the last time ISU entered the game ranked? This is why most Hawkeye fans have the attitude that they do. It's not like we ever get the chance to get stoked up to knock off a ranked team, or at least a team that is considered the overwhelming favorite by outsiders.

Your point is valid one. Maybe if Rhoads can keep building things maybe there will be a point where this will change.

This game is a lot like playing a different class game in HS sports (i.e. 1A or 2A vs 3A). If the 3A team wins no big deal they should win they are bigger etc. if the smaller school wins its an upset and a big win regardless of the fact that they may have better talent that given year. It turns into a no win situation for the 3A team.

Every year is different. This year ISU plays in the tougher conference. ISU needs to win this game to be in the bowl hunt. Most Hawkeye fans think that this game should be a given. Lately, not so much. My guess is that Iowa wins this one, but there will be a lot of anxiety between now and Saturday around Iowa City... and for good reason. I don't live in Iowa, but I've heard that there is a lot of trash talk going around after this game. Should be a good one this year.

slightly more often than i hear an argument than a win against Directional Michigan, Illannoy, or UNI makes a team good.

not that does or should have a ******* thing to do with our scheduling.

Are you trying to argue for this game? Because you just summed up the problem with it.

You cannot seriously be saying that perceived strength of opponent does not or should not have a role in scheduling in a system where teams are ranked be voting.

Obviously name recognition is a huge factor in college football.

When you regularly have trouble beating a team that anyone outside a 100 mile radius of desmoines views as a mac caliber team its really bad for your program.

Iowa hasn't really even had that much trouble beating ISU its just perceived that way because there is so much hoopla when they do win and none when Iowa wins.

The same amount of people take notice when Iowa beats ISU as when Iowa beats UNI.

Im not even arguing that it should be dropped but as far as Iowa is concerned this is quite possibly the worst game for any team in the BCS.

What does Iowa lose by losing to ISU? Minus 3-4 seasons in the Ferentz era, Iowa has been 7-5. Its like Iowa is stoking Big 10 titles or Rose Bowl championships. Iowa loses the game and they have a loss in the loss column. Not like Iowa needs to worry about RPI or anything outside the mid level bowl game. So a loss to ISU means nothing more than a loss to Michigan or Nebraska.

In the last ten years Iowa has finished with 8 or more wins 6 times and only 4 times with 7 or less wins.

4 times with double digit wins is what you meant to say right?

Last ten years, Iowa 2 BCS bowsl, 1 Cap1, 3 outbacks, 1 alamo, 2 insight.

Serious question are cap1 and outback mid level bowls in your opinion?

If they are that's fine, but than ISU has never played in anything above a lower level bowl.

I would say Iowa has played in 6 upper level bowls and 3 mid levels.

Latest posts