Iowa vs. Iowa State Game Unenjoyable for Many Hawkeye Fans

"Rhoads teams while maybe not BCS bowl caliber"

ISU fans are stupid.

I would prefer playing another BCS team instead of ISU. But I don't have confidence that Iowa would schedule another BCS conference team if Iowa dropped ISU.

What happened when Iowa played Arizona a couple of years ago?
How did Iowa benefit from that?

So would you limit it to schools that are east of the Rocky Mountains? Because many people were chirping after that game, there is no benefit to playing a Pac 12 team on the road.

Avoid SEC teams?

If Iowa were to drop ISU, assume it would be because they add a Big 10 game.

Last edited:
What happened when Iowa played Arizona a couple of years ago?
How did Iowa benefit from that?

So would you limit it to schools that are east of the Rocky Mountains?
Avoid SEC teams?

1. They lost.
2. Played a tough team on the road.
3. No
4. No

Any other irrelevant questions?

1. They lost.
2. Played a tough team on the road.
3. No
4. No

Any other irrelevant questions?

So playing ISU on the road is not a tough test for Iowa?

Who would suggest they play, and what is the benefit of playing
the team you suggest..

I would be ok either way. ISU consistently plays one of the toughest schedules in the country, getting rid of Iowa and putting in a MAC school would be fine with me.

I would be ok either way. ISU consistently plays one of the toughest schedules in the country, getting rid of Iowa and putting in a MAC school would be fine with me.

id want to get rid of a team on my schedule that dominates my team also.

So playing ISU on the road is not a tough test for Iowa?

Who would suggest they play, and what is the benefit of playing
the team you suggest..

1. Did I say that? As I said before, you aren't very bright, but your jumping to conclusions on statements I make is particularly annoying.

Saying ASU was a tough road game does not mean ISU is an easy one. Only a butthurt Clone fan looking for an e-fight would suggest those statements are the same.

2. I wouldn't suggest they play the same team every season. The list of teams I would prefer Iowa to play instead of ISU is long. But as I said originally, I don't have confidence in Iowa's scheduling.

ohhh spanky btw Id tune out our entire pre conference schedule btw, cause if the isu win gains nothing neither do any of the others.

The question I need you to answer is this. Did you try to take a jab by calling me Spanky, or did you really mean to write Sparky? It's hard to tell since you obviously can't spell or type a proper sentence.

1. Did I say that? As I said before, you aren't very bright, but your jumping to conclusions on statements I make is particularly annoying.

Saying ASU was a tough road game does not mean ISU is an easy one. Only a butthurt Clone fan looking for an e-fight would suggest those statements are the same.

2. I wouldn't suggest they play the same team every season. The list of teams I would prefer Iowa to play instead of ISU is long. But as I said originally, I don't have confidence in Iowa's scheduling.

Okay, so its not so much about playing ISU, but rather, about getting to see different teams.. I can buy that, not trying to start an e-fight.. I just get tired of the nothing to gain everything to lose drivel.. Like I said when McCarney was the coach I could buy that because he focused on that game like no other and his teams would then just fade.

I hate the ISU game. If Iowa loses then they're screwed for the season. If they win they gain nothing. Iowa has everything to lose and nothing to gain.
What does Iowa lose by losing to ISU? Minus 3-4 seasons in the Ferentz era, Iowa has been 7-5. Its like Iowa is stoking Big 10 titles or Rose Bowl championships. Iowa loses the game and they have a loss in the loss column. Not like Iowa needs to worry about RPI or anything outside the mid level bowl game. So a loss to ISU means nothing more than a loss to Michigan or Nebraska.

What does Iowa lose by losing to ISU? Minus 3-4 seasons in the Ferentz era, Iowa has been 7-5. Its like Iowa is stoking Big 10 titles or Rose Bowl championships. Iowa loses the game and they have a loss in the loss column. Not like Iowa needs to worry about RPI or anything outside the mid level bowl game. So a loss to ISU means nothing more than a loss to Michigan or Nebraska.

Lol, it's so fun listening to an Iowa State fan dismissing a mere four seasons of top ten finishes.

Ricky Stanzi has a more storied tradition than all of ISU football.

this is such a stupid argument. itake great preperation for the B10 season, and its a as close to a guranteed victory against a bcs game opponent as exists in college football.

I will bite.... You do know Ferentz is 6-7 against us, right? And they do have something to gain... a win towards bowl eligibility.

Lol, it's so fun listening to an Iowa State fan dismissing a mere four seasons of top ten finishes.Ricky Stanzi has a more storied tradition than all of ISU football.
I would take Iowa's results, not arguing that, but in no way have losses to Iowa State hurt Iowa anymore than the win-loss column. Not even in 2001, Iowa would have had a very outside shot of the NC even being undefeated.

UNI and ISU will always have more to benefit playing Iowa than Iowa has playing them.

Unless ISU can ever be relevant year in and year out.

Despite I think ISU probably has the edge this year going into the game, I still maintain it would be in the U of I's best interest to stop playing the other state schools.

Replace them with teams on more traditionally equal or better footing.

I enjoy the game when we win. I don't much care to lose. That makes this pretty much like every other game.

Latest posts