Iowa vs. Iowa State Game Unenjoyable for Many Hawkeye Fans

This is true. When do you feel as great about beating ISU? Never. It is only a win, which feels ok, but never great. The game is a lose-lose situation. Same with UNI. Win, we gain nothing. Lose and we have to win-out to have any type of decent season.

UNI should never be on our schedule. You couldn't put a bigger target on your back...than to play an FCS school from your own state.

This. We should eliminate that UNI series asap.

With isu, the rest of the country perceives that game as an "in state rivalry", and accepts that for what it is. Either way, a loss is a loss, and a w is a w. And it is much better for us to play an FBS game over a FCS one. The sad thing is, that isu NEVER brings to us a ranked team.

For us, this game provides more than just the w-l benefits, it brings to light the many overwhelming differences between the two schools. In fact, isu would probably be better served to eliminate it for various reasons, but the biggest would be to get out of our shadow as well as create some other rivalries that they can use for recruiting grounds as well.

Also, having the game is great for the casual fan who doesn't get so worked up over it, providing friendly water cooler smack, and is usually forgotten by season's end by those who don't live and breathe football. Further, It is good for us (as Hawk fans) to banter with fans of a team that we pretty much pwn, win or lose.

the B1G is just the #1 premier conference in the world. I only want to play B1G teams day in day out.

Perdue and Illinois and Indiana will boost our SOS so high that we will be 6 loss national champions cause of our huge SOS

A little subtlety could go a long ways. You aren't funny, and you aren't even annoying- just dumb.

the B1G is just the #1 premier conference in the world. I only want to play B1G teams day in day out.

Perdue and Illinois and Indiana will boost our SOS so high that we will be 6 loss national champions cause of our huge SOS

Obvious clowns are obvious

The only thing I don't like about it is the trolls, the stupid smack talk, the "super bowl"/"winning this game means nothing, losing only hurts you" bullcrap, etc. I like the game.

ISU is scared to death to lose this series. I talked about this last year. Scared to death.

It is the one time (now really the one time with no Nebraska) where they get a lot of attention in the state. They have not proven that they can be an upper tier team in their conference, so this is the game they can hang their hat on.

Without us, I suppose they would have Texas and Oklahoma to stroke it to.

If ISU could actually beat Iowa and do something in their conference, I believe Iowa fans would have more respect for them. Until then, the perception will always be it is their Superbowl.

Until then, the perception will always be it is their Superbowl.

No, this is only the perception of some arrogant Iowa fans. This way, if Iowa loses, it was only because "they cared more." Heck, 3/4 of the players on each team are not even from the state of iowa....

UNI and ISU will always have more to benefit playing Iowa than Iowa has playing them.

Unless ISU can ever be relevant year in and year out.

Despite I think ISU probably has the edge this year going into the game, I still maintain it would be in the U of I's best interest to stop playing the other state schools.

Replace them with teams on more traditionally equal or better footing.

I got beachfront property in Utah to sell you if you think that would happen. LOL

ISU is scared to death to lose this series. I talked about this last year. Scared to death.

It is the one time (now really the one time with no Nebraska) where they get a lot of attention in the state. They have not proven that they can be an upper tier team in their conference, so this is the game they can hang their hat on.

I live in Des Moines. I'm plenty happy with the coverage ISU gets in this area. I haven't seen any (THE DMR IS AGAINST US) tripe. ISU is selling tickets without Iowa/Nebraska on the schedule. There shouldn't be an ISU fan remotely scared to lose the series.

In fact, for programs in ISU's situation (historically unsuccessful) it'd probably be in our best interest to pack the noncon with gimmies, especially with a 9 game schedule. KSU and Kansas under Mangino did this to great success. I've said it before but I think it's something we should emulate.

i dont expect us to lose any games. I know we wil lose but going into any game against team i know that we have a good chance to win

I have no idea what this thread is about...but I will say this. Let's schedule LSU or Alabama because that way I can expect the loss and I'll be really, really, really happy if we pull off the upset once a decade. Wait, this is how ISU fans must feel. No wonder they talk like morons after a 3 OT game in their house.

You have a losing record to ISU over the last 15 years.

From your post it makes it sound that you think Iowa would have a winning record over a 15 year stretch of playing Bama because in your analogy you compared the Iowa ISU matchup to a Bama Iowa matchup.

...Interesting.

You have a losing record to ISU over the last 15 years.

From your post it makes it sound that you think Iowa would have a winning record over a 15 year stretch of playing Bama because in your analogy you compared the Iowa ISU matchup to a Bama Iowa matchup.

...Interesting.

Other than Iower, against which opponent(-s) does isu have a winning record over the past 15 saisons??
chickfmtestes, pls do research and post findings. ktksbai

Without us, I suppose they would have Texas and Oklahoma to stroke it to.

If ISU could actually beat Iowa and do something in their conference, I believe Iowa fans would have more respect for them. Until then, the perception will always be it is their Superbowl.

Alright I think that a lot of this has to do with McCarney choking near the tail end of the season. That's not really because beating Iowa is the only thing we care about, that's just McCarney McCarneying.

Also claiming that Iowa can be a top Tier big 10 team is stretching it. They can finish near the top if they get a decent schedule, but that's about it.

Alright I think that a lot of this has to do with McCarney choking near the tail end of the season. That's not really because beating Iowa is the only thing we care about, that's just McCarney McCarneying.

Also claiming that Iowa can be a top Tier big 10 team is stretching it. They can finish near the top if they get a decent schedule, but that's about it.

C'mon buddy, I need you to answer this question:
Other than Iowa, against which annual opponent(-s) does ISU have a winning record over the past 15 seasons??

This is the perfect opportunity to disprove the "it's isu's Super Bowl" assertion. If isu is such an up & coming program, and concentrates on Big(12-2) play and NOT on the Iowa game, the clones should have a winning record against several Big(12-2) opponents. Right?
Let's have the numbers, ChickTestes. Tick-tock.

Latest posts