IOWA one for the ages vs. Stanford Rose Bowl game thread.

I wish Shaw and Stanford were d bags so I could hate them more but man got to respect them.

Iowa over achieved this year and had a great year but until we get better athletes this is as good as it gets (which has been pretty good).

c4jt321.png

Who said I was blaming this loss on the refs? I was referring to one specific play and how Big 12 refs have performed against us in the past.

In fairness there was more than just that one call. They blew an obvious pass interference in the first quarter against Standford. This game is just crap and has to be embarrassing to KF.

MSU hangover....coaches have to create an environment where 1 team does not beat you twice.

The Big ten c game took too much of a toll on this team.

I'll be surprised if a band member doesn't trip and they all fall over like dominoes.

This^. We are totally outclassed in every phase of the game.

State population sizes matter. Athletes are distributed throughout the global human population pretty much evenly. This means more people = more elite athletes.

That's the handicap at Iowa wrt recruiting. They need to recruit a couple non-football kids on the track team to be WR, I seem to remember a few like that back in the Fry days.

Here's the thing that sums up kurt. We're down 35-0 and know that he'll keep running the same vanilla crap have have very little hope to come back and win. However, if we were the ones up 35-0, we would be expecting to see an even more conservative style of play and actually have to deal with the reality that we could still lose this game. To me this screams of the need for a new coaching staff in Iowa City.

MSU hangover....coaches have to create an environment where 1 team does not beat you twice.

The Big ten c game took too much of a toll on this team.
Seriously? It's the friggin Rose Bowl. We can't recruit, period. This game shows how much recruiting matters. We play in a weak division of a weak conference, get outside of that, and this is what happens. Stanfords defense isn't supposed to be that good. We can't even get a receiver open.