IOWA one for the ages vs. Stanford Rose Bowl game thread.

Let me get this straight. Stanford is still throwing deep and Iowa isnt. And whats the score? 35-0 Stanford. I dont get it.

If it had to happen, best it happened in the Rose Bowl. Might be beneficial for next year. Yes, I'm serious.

Doc there is no way you can blame this loss on the refs. We played a very very weak schedule and barely squeaked by in some of those games. The B1G is being exposed as both division champs got drilled.
Who said I was blaming this loss on the refs? I was referring to one specific play and how Big 12 refs have performed against us in the past.

The pick 6 was the moment that the game turned. We were driving and could have made it 14-3 or 14-7. That was crushing.

Pretty much. It would have been better overall for the program to go 8-4 and end up in some nondescript bowl. This is way, WAY worse because you got zero meaningful titles AND did lasting and systemic damage to your program.

I'm going to guess that Iowa will be an 8-9 win team year in and year out still. Hardly systemic damage.

The attitude of some of the fans in this state - it's better to just hide out in the shadows, and hope nobody ever ever sees you. Don't try to do anything, because you might not do well. As if trying and falling is something to be embarrassed of. There's a saying from boxing - "It doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down. It matters how many times you get back up."

Don't do anything. You'll never get anywhere, but you'll never get your pride hurt either.

I'm going to guess that Iowa will be an 8-9 win team year in and year out still. Hardly systemic damage.

The attitude of some of the fans in this state - it's better to just hide out in the shadows, and hope nobody ever ever sees you. Don't try to do anything, because you might not do well. As if trying and falling is something to be embarrassed of. There's a saying from boxing - "It doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down. It matters how many times you get back up."

Don't do anything. You'll never get anywhere, but you'll never get your pride hurt either.

I agree. They'll be an 8-9 win, nationally irrelevant team that plays in second-tier bowl games and massively overpays their coaching staff because of the loyalty of the fanbase.

So is that good enough?