Interesting insight about Street from clone fans

If you're going to post something so irresponsibly libelous, at least pay attention to the details: LIKE CHOOSING THE CORRECT HUMAN.

Randy Larson defended the Streets, and he didn't play quarterback at Iowa or anywhere else, as far as I know.

This is correct, though the rest of the description fits him well.

Maybe Cyclone fans should listen to their current head basketball coach's thoughts on Chris Street.
The same guy that wore Chris' number in honor of him.
One of the members of the ISU basketball team that, as a squad, came down to Chris' funeral to pay him tribute.
Have Fred Hoiberg talk to them about the kind of person on and off the court Street was.

I'm curious as to what playoff games that one Clone fan was referring to. Iowa played Saturday, both NFL games were Sunday afternoon.

I'm curious as to what playoff games that one Clone fan was referring to. Iowa played Saturday, both NFL games were Sunday afternoon.

I think he was talking about the news on Sunday, showing the replays of the half time ceremony and his jersey being put on the chair.

He was talking about Sunday's news. Wanted NFL playoff news and KCCI was still going on about Street. If I understood that correctly, that is.

But seriously, you're an NFL fan and want updates on the playoffs, and your go-to source is KCCI? Dood, flip the channel to ESPN, it's all they were talking about on Sunday.

Maybe Cyclone fans should listen to their current head basketball coach's thoughts on Chris Street.
The same guy that wore Chris' number in honor of him.
One of the members of the ISU basketball team that, as a squad, came down to Chris' funeral to pay him tribute.
Have Fred Hoiberg talk to them about the kind of person on and off the court Street was.

Would you expect Fred to say anything different? They were both Iowa kids and played in the same conference, then to play as rivals in college.

I have nothing against the media coverage the last several days - but sounds as if most of you still think ISU owes something such as the 40 tribute. Bet a good percentage of your casual Iowa fan base is too young or doesn't know of Streets story - not sure why all of you are so upset your rivals don't.

Would you expect Fred to say anything different? They were both Iowa kids and played in the same conference, then to play as rivals in college.

I have nothing against the media coverage the last several days - but sounds as if most of you still think ISU owes something such as the 40 tribute. Bet a good percentage of your casual Iowa fan base is too young or doesn't know of Streets story - not sure why all of you are so upset your rivals don't.

Yeah, that's it.

No one said anything about ISU owes Iowa anything, but to go on a message board and bash the rememberance of a kid who died tragically is just stupid and immature.

Turn the tables around, I have more faith that the guys on this board wouldn't start threads bashing the way CyFan members did.

That would be totally choice. Remind them that the entire isu community is responsible for that poor young man's untimely death, because they chose to ignore the warning signs of his illness and exploited him for his football skills and then turned their collective back on him when his eligibility was up. Every clown fan had a hand in that man's death. They may as well have pushed him that fateful day. G-d clown murderers.

No one said anything about ISU owes Iowa anything, but to go on a message board and bash the rememberance of a kid who died tragically is just stupid and immature.

Turn the tables around, I have more faith that the guys on this board wouldn't start threads bashing the way CyFan members did.

riiight.

Did Iowa State have to go to the funeral? Did they have to do the 40 tribute? Did Hoiberg have to take the time to say anything at all?

No. No. No.

Nobody is saying ISU owes anything. But there's a big difference between not owing anything, and be incredulous at the thought of ISU players and coaches forgetting about rivalries for something more important than basketball.

BTW, a big part of the coverage was for educating people on Chris' legacy. Yes, a lot of fans are too young to already know the story (on both sides). That's why the story should be told, IMO.

Chris Street and Fred Hoiberg have the same story. Both were/are Iowa kids, both attended the school they dreamed of playing for, and both played around the same time. They'd be around the same age, and by everything I've read over the past few days, both would have played in the NBA. The only appreciable difference in their life stories is that Fred grew up in Ames while Street grew up in Indianola.

So lets flip this on it's head. Suppose it had been Fred who was killed, and the 20th anniversary of his death was this past weekend? In that scenario, I'd be willing to bet that Cyclone fans wouldn't view the coverage as excessive. The same fan base that didn't have any problems with the non-stop talk about Jake Knott's separated shoulder has a problem with the media's coverage of the 20th anniversary of someone's death?

Give me a break.

Good God, the butthurt flowing from Clown fans in the referenced pic is disgusting. OMG, KCCI ran a special. OMG, KCCI had a clip on the sports segment. If any of the artards from the ISU board are reading this, let me fill you in on something: there is pretty much nothing going on in Iowa and so KCCI or WHO or whoever else is going to run these stories every freaking year until guys who are of the age to remember Chris Street are retired. If you don't like it, move out of Iowa or stop watching local programming. Sports media has air time they need to fill up and they can't get all local coverage they need (and that at least some people want to watch) by filling air time with the Barnstormers latest roster moves, highlights from the Neck Moines Bucs games and interviews with the ISU women's basketball team.

Our society idolizes sports figures. Every year there is a bunch of stuff related to Jimmy V. Len Bias gets mentioned all the time. In my neck of the woods, there is an annual run/walk in memory of Randy Walker and one for Ricky Byrdsong (who played at and was once an assistant at Iowa State), however, there is actually local news to report in Chicago beyond your routine cow tipping incident so neither anniversary draws a great amount of publicity on the Chicago news. If you don't like this coverage of Street, either don't watch it or move out of Iowa, but if you live anywhere that college sports is a part of the community, most of those places will have some sort of coverage of people who might have died before their prime (or in it or maybe even past it) but they were folks who were well respected in the community. Normal human beings can either respect that coverage irregardless of team affiliations or not let it get them so bent out of shape that they need to make anonymous rants about it on the interwebs. Hell, if Iowa State's athletic department did an annual tribute to Ricky Byrdsong and some sort of annual run and got KCCI to cover it the way the Street passing was covered, I find it very hard to believe a single Iowa fan on this board would have a negative thing to say about the local coverage, but ultimately, ISU has a crappy sports information management office and so these stories about heroes of yesteryear from Ames are prolly few and far between. So instead of whining because Iowa honors its past athletes and those honors get picked up on the news, why the hell don't you jackholes tell Pollard to hire a better sports information director who will strive to keep legacies alive?

Chris Street and Fred Hoiberg have the same story. Both were/are Iowa kids, both attended the school they dreamed of playing for, and both played around the same time. They'd be around the same age, and by everything I've read over the past few days, both would have played in the NBA. The only appreciable difference in their life stories is that Fred grew up in Ames while Street grew up in Indianola.

So lets flip this on it's head. Suppose it had been Fred who was killed, and the 20th anniversary of his death was this past weekend? In that scenario, I'd be willing to bet that Cyclone fans wouldn't view the coverage as excessive. The same fan base that didn't have any problems with the non-stop talk about Jake Knott's separated shoulder has a problem with the media's coverage of the 20th anniversary of someone's death?

Give me a break.

Who the hell is Jake Knott?

You fail to remember, or pay attention to your own coach as well, they were teammates in AAU as well.

Look, Hoiberg has been nothing but class on this subject. Also, if the situation was something like this happening to Hoiberg, the Iowa players would have had the same class about it. Had Loren Meyer gotten killed by the train, Iowa players would have had class about it.

Also, I think there would have been a similar tribute with Iowa players for that ISU player as well.

No Iowa fan ever will think ISU owes anything, not sure how you came up with that. The 40 jersey was a great gesture by ISU and it is something that has run its course.

On the subject of the Iowa fans being young and not knowing about Street is not their fault. The University of Iowa continues to honor a person, not a basketball player because Chris Street was not a good or great basketball player, he was a far greater person to allow basketball to define him.

Street was a great person that played basketball.

You fail to remember, or pay attention to your own coach as well, they were teammates in AAU as well.

Look, Hoiberg has been nothing but class on this subject. Also, if the situation was something like this happening to Hoiberg, the Iowa players would have had the same class about it. Had Loren Meyer gotten killed by the train, Iowa players would have had class about it.

Also, I think there would have been a similar tribute with Iowa players for that ISU player as well.

No Iowa fan ever will think ISU owes anything, not sure how you came up with that. It was a great gesture by ISU and it is something that has run its course.

On the subject of the Iowa fans being young and not knowing about Street is not their fault. The University of Iowa continues to honor a person, not a basketball player because Chris Street was not a good or great basketball player, he was a far greater person to allow basketball to define him.

Street was a great person that played basketball.

good post, though on the bold, we'll never know.

They would have done something similar to ISU in the first five years.

Strong come back. The fact still remains that ISU fans showed little class, not all, heck probably a small percentage of the overall fan base. But still remains that guys like you and CWooD4 or whatever his name is that your allegiance to your school is more important to you to defend other ISU fans who are in fact classless.

Saying what someone "might do" can't be compared to what eithers "have done".

FACT.

Strong come back. The fact still remains that ISU fans showed little class, not all, heck probably a small percentage of the overall fan base. But still remains that guys like you and CWooD4 or whatever his name is that your allegiance to your school is more important to you to defend other ISU fans who are in fact classless.

Saying what someone "might do" can't be compared to what eithers "have done".

FACT.

wasn't a come back, my point is that it happens on every message board. My quote was an example of it on here.

wah wah "other stories about dead clowns are being passed up by the media in favor of Chris Street because he was a Hokk!!" wah wah wah

my gawd, reading clown poasts will rot a brother's skull
what a collection of gomers

What a collection of Gomers is magnificent.....

:)

good post, though on the bold, we'll never know.

They would have done something similar to ISU in the first five years.

You know what, I am glad we will never know.

The thing is, for people to have issues with the coverage and the attention, I have a problem with it.

What is funny, to read the folks who think this didn't get National attention, there were articles in the LA Times, NY Post and Orlando Sentinel to name a few. One article that was recently posted has quotes from Coach K.

That narrow-mindedness is part of what gets people unhinged, but it really comes down to ignorance.