Interesting insight about Street from clone fans

You know what, I am glad we will never know.

The thing is, for people to have issues with the coverage and the attention, I have a problem with it.

What is funny, to read the folks who think this didn't get National attention, there were articles in the LA Times, NY Post and Orlando Sentinel to name a few. One article that was recently posted has quotes from Coach K.

That narrow-mindedness is part of what gets people unhinged, but it really comes down to ignorance.

some of it is down to ignorance, however, to have the opinion that all Cyclone fans are clueless because of a thread on Chris Street is ridiculous. There's plenty of posts on here attacking Fred's heart problems and Royce's mental problems. It's a message board, **** happens. It's not a majority (I hope anyway).

wasn't a come back, my point is that it happens on every message board. My quote was an example of it on here.

You didn't show an example, you just assumed that "IF" ISU had a play die tragically, Iowa fans would make fun of the things that ISU did as a rememberance.

You dislike Iowa fans so much that you have already set your mind to that decision.

0en11, don't get me wrong I know there are homers here who are annoying but this was a classless move by CyFan members and you trying to turn it around by saying people here would do the same is almost as bad. You can't just say they are bad people but you can't admit that without bringing up other Iowa fans, simply because you don't like them or they make fun of ISU.

some of it is down to ignorance, however, to have the opinion that all Cyclone fans are clueless because of a thread on Chris Street is ridiculous. There's plenty of posts on here attacking Fred's heart problems and Royce's mental problems. It's a message board, **** happens. It's not a majority (I hope anyway).

Has someone said all Clod fans are clueless because of this? I think the general consensus is that the people posting on that subject are simply ignorant.

I have not seen anything on Fred's heart problems on here, must have missed that.

Royce's mental problems are a whole other issue, he either isn't listening to the people around him, or he simply doesn't have the right people around him, either way it is sad to watch.

Understood on your point of message boards, it is an open forum and people rarely identify who they really are, giving them the right to say ignorant things.

I went to ISU for two year, dumb choice on my and mainly my own ignorance, but it was a pretty sad day when I wore an Iowa shirt and was threatened by football players. I was far from impressed by the thoughts of the people on the reality of where their football/basketball programs ranked on a National scale.

I'm 30 years old, a life long Hawkeye fan, and never had an emotional attachment to Chris Street. His death didn't affect me at the time, and it doesn't really affect me now. I don't get all the attention surrounding the anniversary of his passing, but I am not going to sit around and complain about it like an idiot. OK4P hit the nail on the head. It's a big deal to the Iowa media because anything even slightly interesting happening is a big deal to the Iowa media. It's not like a silo tips over every day...they have time to fill and they need something to talk about.

You didn't show an example, you just assumed that "IF" ISU had a play die tragically, Iowa fans would make fun of the things that ISU did as a rememberance.

You dislike Iowa fans so much that you have already set your mind to that decision.

0en11, don't get me wrong I know there are homers here who are annoying but this was a classless move by CyFan members and you trying to turn it around by saying people here would do the same is almost as bad. You can't just say they are bad people but you can't admit that without bringing up other Iowa fans, simply because you don't like them or they make fun of ISU.

my example was the Stevie Hicks death post. Yeah, some Hawkeye fans are annoying, and some Cyclone fans are annoying.

Most of the posts on that pic are by (I assume) teenager aged people who weren't alive when Chris Street passed away. Some of the posts weren't classy, I agree, though some are just uninformed and I don't think were trying to troll Iowa fans.

Every fan base has those people who try to take personal shots at the other fan base. It happens on CF, it happens on here.

I'm 30 years old, a life long Hawkeye fan, and never had an emotional attachment to Chris Street. His death didn't affect me at the time, and it doesn't really affect me now. I don't get all the attention surrounding the anniversary of his passing, but I am not going to sit around and complain about it like an idiot. OK4P hit the nail on the head. It's a big deal to the Iowa media because anything even slightly interesting happening is a big deal to the Iowa media. It's not like a silo tips over every day...they have time to fill and they need something to talk about.
\

Really I am in the same boat as you are Ghost, but it just ticks me off when anyone feels they need to post like that stuff on CyFan.

I really would like to think that all people on this website could reserve their dislike for ISU to let them have their ceremony or remembrance.

Maybe I am wrong but I hope not.

my example was the Stevie Hicks death post. Yeah, some Hawkeye fans are annoying, and some Cyclone fans are annoying.

Most of the posts on that pic are by (I assume) teenager aged people who weren't alive when Chris Street passed away. Some of the posts weren't classy, I agree, though some are just uninformed and I don't think were trying to troll Iowa fans.

Every fan base has those people who try to take personal shots at the other fan base. It happens on CF, it happens on here.

I didn't see any posted examples of Iowa fans bashing on Stevie Hicks death or of anything ISU did to remember him. If they did that is sad and classless as well and I apologlize.

This whole situation shows that football/winning/bragging is more important to some people than being a human being.

I didn't see any posted examples of Iowa fans bashing on Stevie Hicks death or of anything ISU did to remember him. If they did that is sad and classless as well and I apologlize.

This whole situation shows that football/winning/bragging is more important to some people than being a human being.

Some guy who got banned (I think his name was VintageHawkeye - he's long bince gone) once mentioned Stevie Hicks and not in a derogatory way. Panties got wadded. They are still wadded.

I get where you are coming from, I think for some though it is just different. At 16 and my household being life long Iowa fans, Chris Steet is something that we openly discussed for a long time.

If it wasn't part of you growing up at that point on, then your view point is understood. I think the reason the media has stayed with this as long as it has is simple.

Chris Street was a great human being and also, the Iowa program and Tom Davis were visibly never the same after his passing.

Some guy who got banned (I think his name was VintageHawkeye - he's long bince gone) once mentioned Stevie Hicks and not in a derogatory way. Panties got wadded. They are still wadded.

that dude was an a-hole

I guess people have a different feeling of what is acceptable and what not. I agree with you 100% on the last statement. The ISU-Iowa rivalry gets the best and worst of both fan bases. At least we can be happy both basketball programs are vying for NCAA bids and the football games are competitive unlike the 90's (we sucked really really bad, still do somewhat today but not nearly as bad).

I guess people have a different feeling of what is acceptable and what not. I agree with you 100% on the last statement. The ISU-Iowa rivalry gets the best and worst of both fan bases. At least we can be happy both basketball programs are vying for NCAA bids and the football games are competitive unlike the 90's (we sucked really really bad, still do somewhat today but not nearly as bad).

I believe Iowa State currently has a 2 game winning streak against teams with offenses coached by Greg Davis. Can you confirm?

I believe Iowa State currently has a 2 game winning streak against teams with offenses coached by Greg Davis. Can you confirm?

yes. I admit I'm not confident in next years football game and think Iowa wins the next two bball games. You guys have some good young talent while ours will need a year or two.

Wait, wait, wait. You mean to tell me that a bunch of college aged kids don't know much of anything about a kid that was killed 20 years ago? Interesting. Also, you mean to tell me that a bunch of college aged kids don't show respect to someone they don't know? Shocking. Being honest here, not really that many people care anymore about Chris Street's death. Nile Kinnick on the other hand, that I get.

Wait, wait, wait. You mean to tell me that a bunch of college aged kids don't know much of anything about a kid that was killed 20 years ago? Interesting. Also, you mean to tell me that a bunch of college aged kids don't show respect to someone they don't know? Shocking. Being honest here, not really that many people care anymore about Chris Street's death. Nile Kinnick on the other hand, that I get.

Then why so much conversation about it?

Would you expect Fred to say anything different? They were both Iowa kids and played in the same conference, then to play as rivals in college.

I have nothing against the media coverage the last several days - but sounds as if most of you still think ISU owes something such as the 40 tribute. Bet a good percentage of your casual Iowa fan base is too young or doesn't know of Streets story - not sure why all of you are so upset your rivals don't.

No, they didn't.

Honestly, I had no clue about Kinnick's life until about 5 or 6 years ago, it was never a topic growing up. I knew he won a Heisman, but that was about it. Generational thing, so yeah I understand the Street views, but also no need to be ignorant about the subject either. If you don't know anything about him, do a little research and have an educated opinion. People that come to message boards know how to use the internet, but even then that doesn't mean they understand what they read all the time either.

Then why so much conversation about it?

Honestly, that's a really good question. Why wasn't there a bunch of this type of talk last year on the 19th anniversary of his passing? Or the year before? The media likes to grab a hold of something and squeeze it until you can't stand the subject anymore. Personally, I think Nile Kinnick should get the attention. He died a hero.

you know for a fact that all those b!tchy, butthurt clowns on cryfan are college-age?
I thought you were relatively bright. I see now that I was incorrect.

Latest posts