Interesting insight about Street from clone fans

I disagree, I for one would be all over it.

Did you know there is a scholarship named in his honor? A scholarship that can be awarded to anyone regardless of which college they chose, a couple of them have went to Iowa.
I also think that you would be one of the respectful ones, but it has been demonstrated here multiple times that wishes that Fred's heart would explode or jokes about Stevie Hicks jumping off a bridge are not just tolerated, but celebrated. I haven't seen too many people shout those posters down, but you always see posters "like" those posts.

I made a quip about Fred's heart...was merely joking. Would not have made a post like that if he were to die from a heart problem or have complications

crychump is trying to distract us from pointing out the blood on his hands

RIP Stevie; so sad your "fans" failed you in your hour of need.

Knott's story is definitely current, and I had no issue with the coverage it got. But Street's has been made an important figure in the basketball program at Iowa. His is a legacy the program wants to place highly, and it's been that way for 20 years. It's not surprising that a 20th anniversary of something like this would get a ton of coverage, particularly in a state like Iowa, where there are no professional teams (and nearly all of the logical pro teams in the region are either out of season or out of the playoffs).

I was agreeing that it was important, but rationalizing for the typical college kid.

Cyclone fan here. I posted in the thread in question. I was born in 1982 and I remember the death of Chris Street. It was so sad and it transcended any form of rivalry the two schools have. I remember crying for several days. Chris had a great smile and was a heck of a ball player. It was a loss for our state and it affected so many. I also remember the shooting at Iowa the year prior (which was heart breaking).

Though I bleed Cardinal and Gold, I cheer for all in my state. It was great seeing the #40 on the bench this past weekend and I wish the NCAA would have allowed the names on the back of the Iowa jersey's to read "Street". Nice win against a tough Wisconsin team and I think tonight will be a great ball game.

Latest posts