Improving the atmosphere at Carver Hawkeye

Strippers would help draw the fellas in. Maybe set up the concourse like those shitty vendor events for the women were they can buy knick knacks and Lu La rue clothing.

A few "poles" peppered throughout the concourse, well, maybe in a designated area the kiddies can't go in to.

Maybe put a few pink flamingos or gnomes around the Carver lawn, throw a 1987 washer and dryer out there as well. Let's trailer trash this place up.
F it man!!!

What ever happened to going to the game to just actually being entertained by basketball. I'll bet most of you can't entertain yourself without a computer. I see young people at the games constantly on their smart phones and don't even watch the game. Got any excuses for those people like you do for the so called blue hairs. Can't wait to hear these comments.

Have you watched this year!!?

What ever happened to going to the game to just actually being entertained by basketball. I'll bet most of you can't entertain yourself without a computer. I see young people at the games constantly on their smart phones and don't even watch the game. Got any excuses for those people like you do for the so called blue hairs. Can't wait to hear these comments.
Students at MSU basketball games are apparently a different generation than Iowa students? Maybe a different species? "Kids these days" is not the issue here.

Stay off my lawn!!
This has nothing to do with being a crotchety old man (which I am..almost...not quite "old" yet).

People like to complain about women knitting in Carver. How is that different than a person (of any age) who stares into their phone the entire game?

This has nothing to do with being a crotchety old man (which I am..almost...not quite "old" yet).

People like to complain about women knitting in Carver. How is that different than a person (of any age) who stares into their phone the entire game?
The person looking at their phone is still capable of standing up and getting loud when things get exciting. I'm guessing the knitters and book readers aren't. People staring at their phone isn't really a demographic like the allegorical knitters are. People staring at their phones is like the same demographic as people who wear clothing or people with hands.

Don't be mad that you're not receiving nudes, dude.
vx432.jpg

The person looking at their phone is still capable of standing up and getting loud when things get exciting. I'm guessing the knitters and book readers aren't. People staring at their phone isn't really a demographic like the allegorical knitters are. People staring at their phones is like the same demographic as people who wear clothing or people with hands.

Man, where have you been? I like your posts! You are going to fit in here. SOLID!

Let's Get Mad Again never sounded cool in the first place haha.

While true, in the marketing department's defense I think it's safe to say that we all (or at least the majority) are mad again. Maybe our next catchy marketing slogan may involve "winning again".

While true, in the marketing department's defense I think it's safe to say that we all (or at least the majority) are mad again. Maybe our next catchy marketing slogan may involve "winning again".
LOL! No one knew that "Let's get mad again" meant finish last in the conference in every meaningful defensive statistic and go 3-15.

I don't mind either of these things. Fans knitting or staring at phones is better than an empty seat. Next year, Iowa will start winning, university will change the game experience. The phone knitters won't bother anyone else.

No, people who have to constantly stare into their phone is another example of the dumbing down of America. And people wonder why Americans have a 5 minute attention span.

Went to the Purdue game, maybe the worst home game of the year. But a couple of things besides the game has me not wanting to go back. It just seemed like a lame, cheap imitation of what the marketing department does in Kinnick, from Back in Black, to trying to get the I-O-W-A thing going, not to mention the bombardment of asinine ads.

The BBall program needs to develop it's own identity. And as much as a lot of us make fun of Nebraska being stuck in the 80s' and 90s' Iowa basketball is just as bad, with the same old fuddy duddies taking up space in the front row.

Free beer and free tickets for the students, that's the answer, rowdy up the crowd. Instead, the short sighted athletic administration is failing to develop and expand the fan base in order to appease the old farts.

Latest posts