Improving the atmosphere at Carver Hawkeye

In my experience students don't really show up for wrestling meets unless they grew up in a house where Iowa wrestling was closely followed. We get in for free, but I don't think where the most of the students sit is actually a dedicated student section. I think it is set aside for general admission, but students who get in also sit there.

Could be totally wrong though, but when I sat in the student section earlier this season (like at the Nebraska meet) there have been just as many families/middle-aged folks as there have been students down in there, if not more

I do know quite a few people who went to this one though, but that was because they worked the event in some capacity and got free tickets for it.

In my experience students don't really show up for wrestling meets unless they grew up in a house where Iowa wrestling was closely followed. We get in for free, but I don't think where the most of the students sit is actually a dedicated student section. I think it is set aside for general admission, but students who get in also sit there.

Could be totally wrong though, but when I sat in the student section earlier this season (like at the Nebraska meet) there have been just as many families/middle-aged folks as there have been students down in there, if not more

I do know quite a few people who went to this one though, but that was because they worked the event in some capacity and got free tickets for it.
With all due respect, i got a pretty good feeling that a lot of students grew up in a house when Iowa wrestling was closely followed.

With all due respect, i got a pretty good feeling that a lot of students grew up in a house when Iowa wrestling was closely followed.

I'd really, really like to believe this, but in my experience here I would absolutely shocked if north of 1/25 students could name a wrestler on the team other than Spencer Lee. The university doesn't push wrestling onto students like they do with football, and I just don't ever see that many students at the meets. Admittedly, it was hard to tell what the turnout for students was like last night because I didn't sit over there, so maybe that whole area was nothing but students, but I'd probably wager against that.

I will agree, though, that going to free tickets for basketball would likely help.