I'm done.

It's not. IMO, it's best if Iowa is THE program in the state. As Okeefe pointed out, there's no benefit in splitting the state's top recruits with ISU when we could have them all come to Iowa instead.. Those who don't leave to play for Roy Williams, that is.

I don't necessarily want them equal. But I love seeing the rivalry get more than just in-state attention, and I'd love to see them again in the tournament and serve up a beat down when the whole country is watching. I just enjoy a rivalry that's actually a rivalry, not just one team beating up on one that has the misfortune of sharing the same state.

tork...dont' even act like what trj posted is anything near what you posted in the OP. he had a level headed tone and listed his expectations rationally. you sounded like a 10 year old boy throwing a fit because he hasn't gotten a turn on the ps3.

tork...dont' even act like what trj posted is anything near what you posted in the OP. he had a level headed tone and listed his expectations rationally. you sounded like a 10 year old boy throwing a fit because he hasn't gotten a turn on the ps3.

I said I'm done holding my breath waiting for this year's team to take that next step. He said this team is missing something that will prevent this year from being truly special. The tone is a little different, but he's saying pretty much the same thing.

I said I'm done holding my breath waiting for this year's team to take that next step. He said this team is missing something that will prevent this year from being truly special. The tone is a little different, but he's saying pretty much the same thing.
I'm still trying to figure out if you are Ghost or Vintage. You don't write quite as well but I think that's just part of the long troll you have going on at HN and Cyfan.

thats what i said. he had dignity and clarity. you jumped off a bridge

I'm still trying to figure out what losing a close game in January has to do with making a deep run in March. I get that it puts a damper on a conference championship but how is it going to stop us from stringing together a few wins in 2 months?

I'm still trying to figure out what losing a close game in January has to do with making a deep run in March. I get that it puts a damper on a conference championship but how is it going to stop us from stringing together a few wins in 2 months?

Winning games like this in January helps get you a higher seed in March, so that you aren't playing a 1 or 2 seed in the 2nd round, but rather maybe a 4 or 5 seed, 6, etc. The longer you can delay facing a top seed in the tournament, the better chance there is of them getting knocked off by the time you would face them (Sweet 16, Elite 8).

Winning games like this in January helps get you a higher seed in March, so that you aren't playing a 1 or 2 seed in the 2nd round, but rather maybe a 4 or 5 seed, 6, etc. The longer you can delay facing a top seed in the tournament, the better chance there is of them getting knocked off by the time you would face them (Sweet 16, Elite 8).

Gotcha. That makes sense. I thought everyone was saying there is no way we can make a deep run because last nights game proved we weren't good enough. I didn't realize everyone thought our seed is now going to be to low to put together a good run. Thanks for the clarification...smart ***. That's my fault tho I should have saw that one coming.

Gotcha. That makes sense. I thought everyone was saying there is no way we can make a deep run because last nights game proved we weren't good enough. I didn't realize everyone thought our seed is now going to be to low to put together a good run. Thanks for the clarification...smart ***. That's my fault tho I should have saw that one coming.

It's also critical to get a good seed for home court advantage. I suspect that we're a big enough name that we'll get a first round game at home, but a few years ago when we had to go to Oregon after we beat Dayton at home we kind of ran into a buzzsaw, but last year, when we learned how to close out big games against good competition, we had to go to UVA and that was things really clicked, but we can't count on that streak of luck two years in a row. We really need 3 straight home games if we plan on going to the Final Four.

It's also critical to get a good seed for home court advantage. I suspect that we're a big enough name that we'll get a first round game at home, but a few years ago when we had to go to Oregon after we beat Dayton at home we kind of ran into a buzzsaw, but last year, when we learned how to close out big games against good competition, we had to go to UVA and that was things really clicked, but we can't count on that streak of luck two years in a row. We really need 3 straight home games if we plan on going to the Final Four.
ngbbs503e1c2f49d31.jpg

Nah, that wasn't really my intent (although you did kind of lob me a softball :p). I'm just a guy who's always thinking about seeding. Even when the Hawks play those early season games in Atlantis, the B10/ACC challenge, ISU, etc. They all count.

But I agree that last night's game in itself doesn't mean that Iowa can't make a good tournament run. A team can still improve a lot between January and March. Besides, if lower seeded teams like Butler and VCU can make the Final Four, there's no reason why Iowa can't make a run, too.

This iowa team does blow out most inferior opponents, which leads to runaway expectations. I had us at 21-10 before the season, and I think they can still best that.....nice season, but March will dictate how nice.

It would have been more funny if you stopped after your first line. Spelling it out so people don't have to think for a second takes away from the joke.

It would have been more funny if you stopped after your first line. Spelling it out so people don't have to think for a second takes away from the joke.

I wasn't trying to be funny. I'm trying to soften the blow for when we hit East Lansing with a tourney resume whose highlights are "beat Minnesota and won at OSU when they were ranked highly" and we are down by 22 with 30 seconds to go and the "NIT" chants start.

I'm still trying to figure out if you are Ghost or Vintage. You don't write quite as well but I think that's just part of the long troll you have going on at HN and Cyfan.

Believe what you want. It doesn't mean you have a clue on what you're talking about, though.