I'm done.

Like I said, it wasn't backed up by substance. But they had lots of experience in close games, and I think many figured that, given an offseason to pick those losses apart, they'd get over the hump this year. It's kind of like our long streak of missed shots to tie or win in the final minute; you'd think, if nothing else, the law of averages says things would break our way eventually.

I think its pretty foolish to think teams are going to learn how to win close games in the offseason. They only way they will learn is by actually doing it.

I actually thought the game in Columbus would be the turning point but that has not been the case.

I think its pretty foolish to think teams are going to learn how to win close games in the offseason. They only way they will learn is by actually doing it.

I actually thought the game in Columbus would be the turning point but that has not been the case.

I'm not saying it wasn't foolish, but that doesn't mean they weren't thinking that way.

I'm not saying it wasn't foolish, but that doesn't mean they weren't thinking that way.

So now we have come full circle with the thread. You are "done" because you had expectations for this team that were based solely on the team picking apart their close losses in the offseason and that would be the reason for them getting over the hump.

So now we have come full circle with the thread. You are "done" because you had expectations for this team that were based solely on the team picking apart their close losses in the offseason and that would be the reason for them getting over the hump.

Just like a lot of other people. And like I said, I'm not done supporting the team, but I'm done expecting them to get over that hump because I realize that I based those expectations on nothing more than wishful thinking. The team has shown very little to suggest that they've gotten over the hump or to suggest that there's reason to believe they will this year.

People keep getting hung up the title of this thread. The whole point was about tempering expectations because the team clearly still struggled at what many thought wouldn't be an issue this year. But people see the title and then twist it around; not much different than the whole Sally Mason/sexual assault "controversy" last week.

Just like a lot of other people. And like I said, I'm not done supporting the team, but I'm done expecting them to get over that hump because I realize that I based those expectations on nothing more than wishful thinking. The team has shown very little to suggest that they've gotten over the hump or to suggest that there's reason to believe they will this year.

People keep getting hung up the title of this thread. The whole point was about tempering expectations because the team clearly still struggled at what many thought wouldn't be an issue this year. But people see the title and then twist it around; not much different than the whole Sally Mason/sexual assault "controversy" last week.

I know what your title meant and my post wasnt meant to imply that I thought you were done with the Hawks.

Thats why I put the word done in quotes.

I know what your title meant and my post wasnt meant to imply that I thought you were done with the Hawks.

Thats why I put the word done in quotes.

Forgive me for the misunderstanding. I've grown accustomed to your sarcastic tone and just assume the last post was sarcastic, too.

Reading comprehension. It's your friend.
Oh. You think I actually read your posts? Other than your poorly edited junior high volleyball tournament breakdowns, I dont read much of your stuff.

Last edited:
Oh. You think I actually read your posts? Other than your poorly edited junior high volleyball tournament breakdowns, I dont read much of you stuff.

AHHH! SPARE ME!!!! I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE OF YOU RAPIER WIT!!!!

Latest posts