If hawks win the next two....

I'm not convinced that winning out (w/ a loss in the Big Ten Tourny) would put Iowa in. Losses to Cambell, Nebraska and Clemson are bad, bad losses. The lack of competitive play in a lot of games make us look less than good too.

I'm not convinced that winning out (w/ a loss in the Big Ten Tourny) would put Iowa in. Losses to Cambell, Nebraska and Clemson are bad, bad losses. The lack of competitive play in a lot of games make us look less than good too.

Did you see McCabe in the post on Saturday? This ain't the same team that lost to Nebraska and Campbell.

Remember after we lost to Nebraska, there were threads speculating if we would win another game this season? Then we scrape together a few home wins against dirt teams, and we are speculating what will happen if we win out.

I really don't say this often enough, but some of you people are really bizarre.

Remember after we lost to Nebraska, there were threads speculating if we would win another game this season? Then we scrape together a few home wins against dirt teams, and we are speculating what will happen if we win out.

I really don't say this often enough, but some of you people are really bizarre.

C'mon now. We DID just beat Penn State at home.

And after NW pastes us the cycle will start all over again...its quite the site

And after NW pastes us the cycle will start all over again...its quite the site

Well, the rules forbid me from calling the majority of the posters stupid, so I really have to exercise restraint. I had to delete a large part of my previous post and start over after, upon inspection, it was probably a violator of forum rules.

The real challenge for people like me is to find ways to ruminate on the idiocy of the vast majority of the posters here without publicly expressing those beliefs.

Well, the rules forbid me from calling the majority of the posters stupid, so I really have to exercise restraint. I had to delete a large part of my previous post and start over after, upon inspection, it was probably a violator of forum rules.

The real challenge for people like me is to find ways to ruminate on the idiocy of the vast majority of the posters here without publicly expressing those beliefs.
lol I would like to commend you on your restraint.

20 win teams that don't make the tourney are teams that only won 6 or 7 of those games in their conference. If the hawks were to go 12-6 in B1G (not gonna happen) they would definitely be in the tourney. Also have B1G tourney games in there too.

One of Tom Davis' crowning achievements is a 20 win team & a winning record in the Big Ten (9-7) that didn't make the tournament.

20 win teams that don't make the tourney are teams that only won 6 or 7 of those games in their conference. If the hawks were to go 12-6 in B1G (not gonna happen) they would definitely be in the tourney. Also have B1G tourney games in there too.
One of Tom Davis' crowning achievements is a 20 win team & a winning record in the Big Ten (9-7) that didn't make the tournament.

IIRC that was the first 9-7 B10 team to NOT make the dance

PSU lost to Maine at home last season and didn't win 12 games (9) in conference and still made the NCAA's with 18 wins. Their best wins were MSU and Wisconsin, both at home.

It isn't something that is unheard of.

If we win our next 7 games I will buy all of you dinner whether we make the tournament or not.

Iowa will be in the NCAA tourney. As we all know it's one and done. In Iowa's first round they will face a Big Ten team. If they win that game they will move to the second round and play another Big Ten team and so on and so on. If they come out winning the Big Ten regional championship then they will move on to the national bracket where they will be placed in one of four regions to keep competing for a national title.

I know I am playing with words here but you know there is some truth to it. Some people say the field should be expanded to 128 or at least more than 64. Well as I have just pointed out all the teams that play in conferences where the tourney champ gets an automatic bid are in a sense starting in the NCAA tournament when they play in the first round of their own conference's tournament. It's all a frame of mind and perspective.

Last edited:
First of all, the Hawks are not winning their last 7 games. Second, if they did they would for sure make the tourney. They would be 20-11 and a top five seed in the BTN tournament. They would have wins over UM, Indiana, Illinois and a sweep of UW and Minnesota. Find me a BTN team that goes 12-6 with a top five finish that misses the tournament. Wont happen. They wont even be on the bubble, they will be a lock.

PSU lost to Maine at home last season and didn't win 12 games (9) in conference and still made the NCAA's with 18 wins. Their best wins were MSU and Wisconsin, both at home.

It isn't something that is unheard of.

Did they lose to Maine and then 2 other bad teams then get blown out by 30 multiple times? Unless they did it's not exactly comparable.

Latest posts