Hey look....Willies to Texas Tech

With a straight face, convince anyone in HN KF will be gone in 2 years. There are way too many KF apologists who've popped up in this thread who will certainly back the cap up.

Geeze, it's like sharia, here, with all the flack. NO, it's not a reach to consider the Wegher fiasco this way. It was a fiasco for Iowa and Iowa recruiting. Maybe the flack should be called 'Ferentz(aria)' -or just Ferentz mania?

OK, now all you're doing is acting like a moron.

I get your unhappiness with KF. Comparing the Iowa football environment to "sharia" is just frigging sick.

Unless/until you have some personal experience/exposure with "sharia"--and I'm guessing you don't, or you wouldn't make such an idiotic statement--STFU.

People, even on this board, have lost friends, loved ones, etc., in part because of the effects and distortions of "sharia". It isn't "funny".

Billso, I don't recall that Willies was ever hurt during the 2014 season. What were his injuries? All I ever heard (from CJ interview) and read were being closer to his ailing father and frustration at not playing. I don't recall any report that Willies was ever injured during the 2014 season.

That's burying your head in the sand. And that is behavior shown by a certain type of bird that can no longer be mentioned on this board.

You can't be serious that you didn't know Willies missed time due to injury. If so, it creates a credibility gap in any arguments of anti-KF nature with regard to DWs departure....

There are so many posters on this board that I'd love to sell a bridge to.

Agreed, I could sell 100 bridges on this site with this ad.

Bridge for sale. Head football coach Kirk Ferentz refuses to use this incredibly built, and magnificent looking bridge. Instead he chooses to use clearly inferior bridges that are dilapidated, out of date, and most importantly white. Please save this bridge before the actions of KF cause this wonderful bridge to be destroyed.

That's burying your head in the sand. And that is behavior shown by a certain type of bird that can no longer be mentioned on this board.

You can't be serious that you didn't know Willies missed time due to injury. If so, it creates a credibility gap in any arguments of anti-KF nature with regard to DWs departure....

bob, the real credibility gap is yours. Who are you to determine what anyone else "should" know? Read through the thread, bob. I had an exchange with Billso in which I stated I hadn't heard Willies had an injury and I based that off of the CJ interview and what I had read. Billso provided links that described an injury. I then posted that timeline of Willies injury in a chat. How is that a credibility gap?

You are the one calling other posters names and being belligerent. You are using elementary school tactics, such as name calling, in your replies, and is where the credibility gap is.

It's fairly easy to deduce that if the guy had a serious injury rendering him incapable of playing he would not have been upset about not playing.

if there was an injury it was nothing major.

Probably caused him to miss a few days of practice.

I was reading about the arrests and indictments of the heads of FIFA and local soccer confederations and it reminded me of what Ferentz and Barta have been up to for the past couple years. Is Ferentz even trying to win football games anymore? We know Barta is just waiting for a new television deal before he retires and a new president comes along to choose a new AD.

It's fairly easy to deduce that if the guy had a serious injury rendering him incapable of playing he would not have been upset about not playing.

Seems easy for really smart guys like you and I. But it clearly must not be.

The net / net is that we lost a 6-4/210 3* recruit and are now going to depend on a 6-1/175 walkon. That, over time, is how you wind up where we are right now. I hope Scheel gets the reps over Vandeburg.

It is fairly easy to deduce that a player wouldn't quit in the middle of the season.

It is fairly easy to deduce that a player with an ailing father would sit down with his coach to talk about his options

It is fairly easy to deduce that a player who quit the team, but wanted back on the team would approach his coach before announcing it on social media

It is fairly easy to deduce that a player who quit the team, but wanted back on the team would realize there would be stipulation that went along with being reinstated onto the team, and would be willing to abide by them.

NOTHING about Willies behavior was "easy to deduce" as nothing he did was logical in any way shape or form. If it was about his father, sit down with your coach and talk about leaving to be with him, you all know KF would have allowed that. If it was about playing time, don't be a coward and claim it was about your father's health. If it was about your father and you felt you made a mistake be a man and talk to the head coach, and take your medicine for quitting on your team.

I still don't understand how people can defend Willies behavior and how he handled any of this.

OK, now all you're doing is acting like a moron.

I get your unhappiness with KF. Comparing the Iowa football environment to "sharia" is just frigging sick.

Unless/until you have some personal experience/exposure with "sharia"--and I'm guessing you don't, or you wouldn't make such an idiotic statement--STFU.

People, even on this board, have lost friends, loved ones, etc., in part because of the effects and distortions of "sharia". It isn't "funny".
Meh. I can read and/or watch TV. You and others seem to understand the effects of sharia. Why can't I? Like the part of sharia where the entire population actively attempts to make sure members follow 'the right' ideology.

Last edited:
It is fairly easy to deduce that a player wouldn't quit in the middle of the season.

It is fairly easy to deduce that a player with an ailing father would sit down with his coach to talk about his options

It is fairly easy to deduce that a player who quit the team, but wanted back on the team would approach his coach before announcing it on social media

It is fairly easy to deduce that a player who quit the team, but wanted back on the team would realize there would be stipulation that went along with being reinstated onto the team, and would be willing to abide by them.

NOTHING about Willies behavior was "easy to deduce" as nothing he did was logical in any way shape or form. If it was about his father, sit down with your coach and talk about leaving to be with him, you all know KF would have allowed that. If it was about playing time, don't be a coward and claim it was about your father's health. If it was about your father and you felt you made a mistake be a man and talk to the head coach, and take your medicine for quitting on your team.

I still don't understand how people can defend Willies behavior and how he handled any of this.

Theres a difference between defending Willies and being annoyed with Ferentz. Is it really that hard to find a role for a guy who's big fast and can catch amoungst a very pedestrian group of receivers on a team that lost 6 games?

It just looks very bad and seems like this kind of thing happens far to often.

But, Willies didn't run and catch (and block) the right way. That's why he didn't play much. Only KF understands the rational of this. What I don't understand is the lack of energy the Iowa staff exhibited trying to keep Willies. Even when Willies asked to come back.

I mean, if Willies wanted to leave, there really wasn't much the Iowa staff could do to keep him (except make his stay more conducive for him staying, which is what a good majority of HN posters fail to understand), but not to retain him when he asked to came back???

Last edited:
Theres a difference between defending Willies and being annoyed with Ferentz. Is it really that hard to find a role for a guy who's big fast and can catch amoungst a very pedestrian group of receivers on a team that lost 6 games?

It just looks very bad and seems like this kind of thing happens far to often.

In theory/principle I agree with D-Vogs....It just seems as if Ferentz has a disconnect with today's athlete. Does it mean he has to be able to quote rap lyrics or break down EDM music? No. Wegher/Willies may not have been his fault, but there is something......Maybe KF doesn't want to sell his soul or maybe he simply doesn't get it.....I do not know.

In theory/principle I agree with D-Vogs....It just seems as if Ferentz has a disconnect with today's athlete. Does it mean he has to be able to quote rap lyrics or break down EDM music? No. Wegher/Willies may not have been his fault, but there is something......Maybe KF doesn't want to sell his soul or maybe he simply doesn't get it.....I do not know.

Things like banning social media would indicate a disconnect.

I'm not defending Willies' quitting mid-season. I've said that from day 1. I also will not defend the lack of playing time he was given. Those who played football at least through HS, you understand that not many "muscle strains" keep you out of games.

I read today where kfootball described Willies' guardian as genuine and having Willies best interests at heart. That's paraphrasing kfootball. People seem to forget the tweet from Willies' guardian saying his leaving was all about playing time.

Did Willies handle it badly? You bet he did. But he is a 19 or 20 year kid who didn't do the mature thing.

Last edited:

Everything about Willies behavior is easy to duduce. He's a teenager so he does dumb **** and doesn't think things through. I can choose to be annoyed at every teenager who acts like that or i can choose to be annoyed at a head coach the can't handle teenagers who act like that.

As far as him announcing his comeback on social media goes, who cares. As far as i remember, he answered a reporter's questions. When reporters start poking around wondering why he's still in town, what is he supposed to say? Maybe he hadn't talked to Kirk yet because there was only about a week left in the season and he planned on waiting till the season was over to bring it up.

Everything about Willies behavior is easy to duduce. He's a teenager so he does dumb **** and doesn't think things through. I can choose to be annoyed at every teenager who acts like that or i can choose to be annoyed at a head coach the can't handle teenagers who act like that.

As far as him announcing his comeback on social media goes, who cares. As far as i remember, he answered a reporter's questions. When reporters start poking around wondering why he's still in town, what is he supposed to say? Maybe he hadn't talked to Kirk yet because there was only about a week left in the season and he planned on waiting till the season was over to bring it up.

That sentence right there nails it. Absolutely bleepin nails it. Coaches today, especially the ones from the baby boomer generation, that are successful, have figured that dynamic out.

That pretty well sums it up.

The guy who gets paid millions to handle teenagers doesn't seem to be able to stand them unless they carry themselves like adults.

Sure seems like a recipe for failure.

Latest posts